• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The FBI investigates crimes. Silence is key to any criminal investigation.

The FBI was so open about Hillary because it was clear to them that she did not commit any crime. That was a political witch hunt from the beginning. There was really no crime she could have possibly committed there. Comey probably thought she would clearly win anyway so he was very open about the whole thing. Whoops.

The FBI is probably so tight-lipped about Trump/Russia because there are a TON of actual crimes that MANY people in his camp may have committed. This could actually lead to people going to jail, the integrity of our democracy threatened, impeachment, etc. The fact that the FBI has been so reticent to talk about this could simply mean that they truly are digging up dirt. Saying too much could compromise the investigation.

So I don't think there's really a parallel between the emails and this stuff, at least from the FBI's perspective. Blame the media coverage for making Hillary out to be the
Son of Sam. The emails were always nothing. This is something.

Edit: Wrong thread, meant to post this in the OT thread. Maybe it's a sign that I shouldn't be posting in OT politics threads so I'll just leave this here.

The FBI investigates crimes. Silence is key to any criminal investigation.

The FBI was so open about Hillary because it was clear to them that she did not commit any crime. That was a political witch hunt from the beginning. There was really no crime she could have possibly committed there. Comey probably thought she would clearly win anyway so he was very open about the whole thing. Whoops.

The FBI is probably so tight-lipped about Trump/Russia because there are a TON of actual crimes that MANY people in his camp may have committed. This could actually lead to people going to jail, the integrity of our democracy threatened, impeachment, etc. The fact that the FBI has been so reticent to talk about this could simply mean that they truly are digging up dirt. Saying too much could compromise the investigation.

So I don't think there's really a parallel between the emails and this stuff, at least from the FBI's perspective. Blame the media coverage for making Hillary out to be the
Son of Sam. The emails were always nothing. This is something.

Edit: Wrong thread, meant to post this in the OT thread. Maybe it's a sign that I shouldn't be posting in OT politics threads so I'll just leave this here.

Someone said something to this effect yesterday. (Sorry for the vagueness, somewhere in the Twitter ether ha ha.) Essentially the less Comey comments on today, the more serious the investigation is.

Eidan

Someone said something to this effect yesterday. (Sorry for the vagueness, somewhere in the Twitter ether ha ha.) Essentially the less Comey comments on today, the more serious the investigation is.

Haha, they're saying it literally on the previous page.

And I'm inclined to agree with the assessment.

sazzy

ZW7U428.png

Wilsongt

I felt a sense of relief knowing that Comey and the FBI have their independence in tact. I got the impression that there were no political leanings.

I had a good laugh at this straight up clown moment:
https://twitter.com/mattgertz/status/843855251811811328

And looks to me Gowdy's mother may have had an excruciatingly difficult labor when she had him. Fuck that guy.

As if I couldn't get any more annoyed that I live in SC, we spawned both Gowdy and Mulvaney.

Sorry, GAF.

Im always weary of getting too excited about these hearings, but is it really big? I'm at work so I havent been able to focus too much on it.

The server is crashed, but, GA-6 poll:

http://zpolitics.com/exclusive-poll...op-candidates-battle-runoff/?utm_medium=email

Ossoff (D): 41% (up 9%)
Handel (R): 16% (down 9%)
Gray (R): 16% (up 5%)

If they can't get above 50%, the top two go to a run-off. Republicans beat Democrats 48-44 when you add all of the candidates up, so this is certainly closer than ANY race that Price has been in.

Been seeing a lot of Ossoff ads here too. From NPR to Walking Dead, I think he can make it. Especially of Trump continues to fail.

Why... why are the Republicans not taking every chance to distance themselves right now.

This is going very badly for them and it's a very serious matter. They can't just weasel word around it or complain on Fox News and have it magically go away. There isn't a scary black man they can blame this on.

And yet they're sitting here, trying to own this thing as their own...

Why... why are the Republicans not taking every chance to distance themselves right now.

This is going very badly for them and it's a very serious matter. They can't just weasel word around it or complain on Fox News and have it magically go away. There isn't a scary black man they can blame this on.

This is a very good question..

This is a very good question..

I've never seen, in our history, a political party so willing to attach itself to a failing, toxic administration to the point of absurdity.

This isn't even party before country, this is party before... party. Their unfettered loyalty to their own party is going to bring down their entire party. And nobody is taking a step back and re-considering if this is actually what will make sure they don't get obliterated in 2018 and 2020.

Hindl

I've never seen, in our history, a political party so willing to attach itself to a failing, toxic administration to the point of absurdity.

This isn't even party before country, this is party before... party. Their unfettered loyalty to their own party is going to bring down their entire party. And nobody is taking a step back and re-considering if this is actually what will make sure they don't get obliterated in 2018 and 2020.

They probably just figure it'll get swept under the rug.

Ernest

Banned

They either know something we don't know, so they think it'll all work out in their favor, or, they don't know shit and are too dumb and drunk on power to do anything. I'm willing to bet it's the latter.

They either know something we don't know, so they think it'll all work out in their favor, or, they don't know shit and are too dumb and drunk on power to do anything. I'm willing to bet it's the latter.

It's certainly the latter. This is like 2008-2009 Democrats on steroids. They literally think they will never lose another election and can do whatever they want.

People saying "Gerrymandering and the senate map in 2018 means the GOP have nothing to fear" has gone to their heads. Badly. To the point of stupidity.

pigeon

Banned

Once you've grabbed the tiger by the tail it makes no sense to debate the morality of eating people.

Ernest

Banned
Once you've grabbed the tiger by the tail it makes no sense to debate the morality of eating people.
Or, using an analogy more appropriate for Trump; once you've grabbed a woman by the genitals, it makes no sense to debate the morality of cheating on your wife.

sphagnum

Banned
Trump has like a 90% approval rating with the GOP base, it would be political suicide for GOP Congressmen to go against him right now.

a best buy geek squad guy deadass told me that you'll see a big increase in cable channel quality with a 4k tv because of upscaling. Couldn't help but to laugh in his face

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom