• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT6| Made this thread during Harvey because the ratings would be higher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Perhaps I'm thinking too much into this, but is there a chance that the republican health care bills have been SO bad because they realize they'll be losing power at some point in the near future, and they want the situation to be so terrible that democrats would have a hard time fixing it, leading Americans to turn back to republicans for help again?

Or is it really just Koch money/primaries/Obama did this so we must eliminate it?

Perhaps I'm thinking too much into this, but is there a chance that the republican health care bills have been SO bad because they realize they'll be losing power at some point in the near future, and they want the situation to be so terrible that democrats would have a hard time fixing it, leading Americans to turn back to republicans for help again?

The never ending cycle.

kirblar

Or is it really just Koch money/primaries/Obama did this so we must eliminate it?
It's the latter + generally them fearing a '18 backlash wave election that gets worse if they do nothing. It's all self-interest about maintaining power for the sake of maintaining power.

Zolo

These bills usually have it so the really bad shit doesn't kick in until 2020/2021 if I remember right.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I think he's comparing Obamacare to the Thelma and Louise car, and Graham Cassidy to a hypothetical other car that's driving alongside them that they have to jump into even though it's on fire and apparently keeping pace with the cliff-divers which doesn't say GREAT things about it?
So Obamacare is the car and Thelma and Louise are Trump and Price, driving Obama are off the cliff. The new car is Graham's and Trump and Price are still going to be driving it but he doesn't care if they wreck it because he traded it to them for some tax cuts and Koch money.

Got it.

Blader

I just really don't any of these healthcare pushes are looking any further than next year's primaries. There's such an enormous lack of critical on healthcare now from this party. They would need to be completely different people to be pulling some 4D healthcare chess on Democrats.

7570_BD70-929_A-4_FF0-8224-66_C50_B66_A1_AD.jpg

I’m a little scared.

Those lawmakers ought to just say "screw it" to the Kochs. It's not like the Kochs can buy some other party, and they know the Dems would be worse for their agenda.

Those lawmakers ought to just say "screw it" to the Kochs. It's not like the Kochs can buy some other party, and they know the Dems would be worse for their agenda.

The Kochs would back whoever ran against them in a primary, ie crazier assholes (if that's even fucking possible at this point)

Zolo

Republicans are cowards. They're not the ones who make demands.

The Kochs would back whoever ran against them in a primary, ie crazier assholes (if that's even fucking possible at this point)
It seems most of the party are people who just vote as their majority leader tells them to anyway with no critical thinking of their own.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
There is absolutely nothing of substance here at all in their responses. Ludicrous.

Chick on MSNBC was literally yelling ago some congressman to answer the simple question: Can you guarantee Wyoming voters will have better, cheaper healthcare? "OBAMACARE WAS A DISASTER!!" Went on for about 20 minutes till she was exhausted. He never answered.

Rand Paul scorching Graham Cassidy bill on twitter. He is really staking out a position. Seems like he's a "definitely no" at this point in time.

Chick on MSNBC was literally yelling ago some congressman to answer the simple question: Can you guarantee Wyoming voters will have better, cheaper healthcare? "OBAMACARE WAS A DISASTER!!" Went on for about 20 minutes till she was exhausted. He never answered.

I saw this. The biggest load of horseshit was when he said "Premiums under Obamacare may go up 40% next year!" so that if they pass their horseshit, they can try to play off 20% as some sort of win. Fuck them. Fuck all of them. How the fuck did we get here?

And there is the entire GOP's agenda of the last 6 years summed up in a 20 minute interview. Obamacare bad. No think. Thinking hurt brain.

Freaking neanderthals.

Zolo

And there is the entire GOP's agenda of the last 6 years summed up in a 20 minute interview. Obamacare bad. No think. Thinking hurt brain.

Freaking neanderthals.

It's noted Republicans are more likely to take marketing type courses in college, and it shows. It's all about getting those keywords out and realizing that you can target morons for your demographic.

iirc, the skinny repeal did not come with the large Government block grants this does.

I get that it's lolrand, but his twitter posts are swaying me into believing he won't support this. He's calling it an Obamacare Grahamnesty

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
iirc, the skinny repeal did not come with the large Government block grants this does.

I get that it's lolrand, but his twitter posts are swaying me into believing he won't support this. He's calling it an Obamacare Grahamnesty

I'll believe it when he votes against it. He's all talk until then, 0 reason to trust him.

Armaros

The only firm 'No' votes I currently believe in are the ones that have been steadfast, Rand and McCain have already been wait and see since all their actions don't always lineup with their rhetoric.

Blader

Really, just fuck these motherfuckers

Responding to late night host Jimmy Kimmel’s scathing criticism a night earlier, Sen. Bill Cassidy said Wednesday morning that he is “sorry” that the ABC comedian does not understand legislation he is cosponsoring to repeal and replace Obamacare.

Graham, in his own interview with Fox News’s “Fox & Friends” Wednesday morning, offered a similar defense of his bill and shot back at Kimmel over the comedian’s attack on Cassidy.

“Here's what I’d say to Mr. Kimmel: I understand the emotional nature of having a sick child, and we're all grateful your child is doing well,” Graham said, noting Cassidy’s past work as a physician at a nonprofit hospital. “I bet you he never called Sen. Cassidy and said ‘would you please set this straight?’ I bet he looked at some liberal talking point, bought it hook, line, and sinker, and went after Bill Cassidy without talking to him, and I think that's unfair.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/...nds-jimmy-kimmel-obamacare-repeal-bill-242927

Just really fuck them both to hell.

Jimmy Kimmel: from host of The Man Show to America’s leading voice on health care.

Contrast that with .... Adam Corrola lol

I have next to no confidence in Rand and only slightly more in McCain. That Koch money is a pretty massive carrot being dangled in front of these jack asses.

Lol, tv personalities live for moments like these. Graham just made Kimmel's ratings go even more higher. When will these morons realize you dont pick fights with TV hosts, especially Late Night ones?

Blader

Contrast that with .... Adam Corrola lol

I have next to no confidence in Rand and only slightly more in McCain. That Koch money is a pretty massive carrot being dangled in front of these jack asses.

Of what value is Koch money to John McCain? He's an 81-year-old man with aggressive brain tumor. He's either not going to make it to the end of his term, or he will but not run for re-election at 85. So as much the Koch brothers can make or break the careers of most of the Senate Republican conference, it's of no issue to McCain anymore.

Wilsongt

I saw this. The biggest load of horseshit was when he said "Premiums under Obamacare may go up 40% next year!" so that if they pass their horseshit, they can try to play off 20% as some sort of win. Fuck them. Fuck all of them. How the fuck did we get here?

My voting people into Congress for the sole purpose of cockblocking legislation of a black man. Not to lead, but to say "no" to everything Obama tried to do.

These fucks have no idea how to govern and they were not elected to govern.

Kusagari

In an exchange with reporters Wednesday morning, Graham called reports that his and Cassidy's legislation would not cover those with preexisting conditions "complete garbage" and took another shot at Kimmel.

“I don’t like the idea of calling this good man a liar without even talking to him first," the South Carolina senator said. "That really says more about Mr. Kimmel than it does Dr. Cassidy.”

Fuck off Graham

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Fuck off Graham

Here's how they're going to spin it:

The bill itself doesn't restrict anyone with a pre-existing condition. The states that do it will then take the blame, not these clowns.

Armaros

What does that say about your legislation when you are arguing and defending yourself vs a comedian and not even other lawmakers, journalists, or healthcare experts.

The only firm 'No' votes I currently believe in are the ones that have been steadfast, Rand and McCain have already been wait and see since all their actions don't always lineup with their rhetoric.
It might here with Rand because while he did vote for the skinny repeal that still was actually a repeal where as this is sort of like the shittier ACA Ryancare that fell apart in the house because of the FC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom