• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Jan 26 Debate/Florida Primary Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amir0x

Banned
are you really trying to make excuses?

dealwithit.gif??

Trying to make excuses? LMFAO. It is alphabetical order AND those two candidates have no chance at winning; therefore, it's accurate. If you don't like reality, as I said, it's time to learn to deal with it.

Better learn before you get too much older, you'll grow up reaaally bitter.

Well, that is it for Ron Paul. He got listed last in the GAF Poligaf OP, that pretty much eliminates him from any chance at the nomination . . . much less then general election.

Internet, serious business.

Amir0x

Banned
i guess you guys aren't better than that, LMAO

better than what? Jesus christ, dude, wake the fuck up.

You literally came in here to complain that the picture of Ron Paul was at the back of the bus. Seriously. What other fair way is there to post the pictures? It is fine if that's who you support, and there are surely subjects they bring up worthy of discussion. But they're irrelevant to the race and have no chance at winning; therefore, as I said, they're in it for shits and gigs and most certainly do not deserve prime place alongside Newt and Mitt. Except Santorum might be in this for a VP nom or Secretary of State or something. Ron Paul is in it so he can continue to wave the flag of his libertarian values one more time before he dies; he has less than zero percent chance at winning.

If you don't like reality, all I can say is tough

i guess you guys aren't better than that, LMAO

What is it about being a Ron Paul fan that makes you impervious to facts? He's been last of the "major candidates" in the polling for weeks, and since Florida awards its delegates on a winner take all basis and he knows he isn't going to get much play there, he's not spending any money in the state. He's never had any serious chance at capturing the nomination, and the only thing of interest about him will be what happens to his delegates at the convention.

I respect Ron Paul for being consistent. Even if he is consistently wrong about a lot of things, he says a couple of true and useful things that more people could stand to hear. But you need to not be butthurt when someone asserts what is established consensus: It is incredibly unlikely that Ron Paul will win the Republican nomination.

That "I'm a historian" line works great for everything.

"I'm not a lobbyist! I'm a historian!"

"I shouldn't be held to the same standard as Clinton was--I'm a historian!"

ib03MANpnX9EQV.png

How did that happen? You guys try some mass revolt or something?

As for PoliGAF, I'm entirely agnostic about how it's organized. I just want to have some sense for what the plan is so I can follow the threads more easily. A thread is a thread.

A mod, who is no longer with us, banned everyone. It was a massacre. You didnt hear any complaints because everyone had been banned.

Obama should come out against cancer . . . I just wanna see who does the knee-jerk response and comes out for cancer.

WASHINGTON -- High school dropouts, do not fear. The Republican Party will protect you from Barack Obama's efforts to keep you at your desk.

At his third State of the Union Address Tuesday night, the president challenged all states to ban children from dropping out of high school before they turn 18. "Tonight," Obama bellowed, "I am proposing that every state--every state--requires that all students stay in high school until they graduate or turn 18."

Obama wasn't proposing a new federal program, but his use of the bully pulpit to tell local jurisdictions how to run their school districts was enough to make some Republicans, already sensitive to the increasing role of the federal government in education over the past few years, bristle.

"That's none of his business!" said Utah Republican Sen. Mike Lee while speaking to reporters after the speech. "He's not a principal! He's not a public school teacher! He's not a governor, he's not a mayor. These are matters for state and local government."
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/...h-school-dropouts-barack-obama-184402291.html

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!

Polls Used for the Projections
Jan. 24

American Research Group

Survey of 300 likely voters
538 poll weight:

Mitt Romney 44 %
Newt Gingrich 34
Rick Santorum 8
Ron Paul 7
Jan. 23-24

CNN/Time/Opinion Research

Survey of 172 likely voters
538 poll weight:

Mitt Romney 38 %
Newt Gingrich 29
Rick Santorum 11
Ron Paul 9
Jan. 23

We Ask America

Survey of 946 likely voters
538 poll weight:

Mitt Romney 34 %
Newt Gingrich 32
Rick Santorum 9
Ron Paul 8
Jan. 23

American Research Group

Survey of 300 likely voters
538 poll weight:

Mitt Romney 37 %
Newt Gingrich 34
Rick Santorum 10
Ron Paul 7
Jan. 22-23

PPP

Survey of 921 likely voters
538 poll weight:

Newt Gingrich 38 %
Mitt Romney 33
Rick Santorum 13
Ron Paul 10
Jan. 22-23

Cherry Communications

Survey of 504 registered voters
538 poll weight:

Newt Gingrich 33 %
Mitt Romney 33
Rick Santorum 10
Ron Paul 6

These are polls from the last two days only.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Also, relegating Poligaf to the community forum (aka the MySpace of Neogaf)? Really, Evilore? Really?

Amir0x

Banned
Relegating megathreads to community was sort of the point of community, Oblivion. Why would PoliGAF be different? I mean we've always done it in OT, but that's just because no one really cracked down on it. It doesn't seem like they're singling PoliGAF threads out for moderation any different from any other megathread.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Also, relegating Poligaf to the community forum (aka the MySpace of Neogaf)? Really, Evilore? Really?

Eh, it makes sense, and I understand his argument. General bullshitting in the Offical Topic, and I (and I'm sure others) will post threads for events and news in OT and link to them.

So, Basically: Focused Discussion in OT and General Banter in Community.

Relegating megathreads to community was sort of the point of community, Oblivion. Why would PoliGAF be different? I mean we've always done it in OT, but that's just because no one really cracked down on it. It doesn't seem like they're singling PoliGAF threads out for moderation any different from any other megathread.

serious question, what's the point of having a third forum for these threads? what's the forum design philosophy there?

Amir0x

Banned
serious question, what's the point of having a third forum for these threads? what's the forum design philosophy there?

the theory back when we discussed it was that there were threads that became so big and so consistently active they they were basically always on the front pages, polluting the forum and making it more unwieldy to navigate to the relevant news topics. And often, NEW news was getting lost in these topics.

So the idea was to make a community forum a viable place, put megatopics in there so it didn't pollute the main forums, and then make new threads for new News.

It's a sound idea and I think the execution has been fine. Mods just have to continue to be vigilante and let people know the deal. PoliGAF was such a mainstay I just think the suddenness of the closure surprised people.

the theory back when we discussed it was that there were threads that became so big and so consistently active they they were basically always on the front pages, polluting the forum and making it more unwieldy to navigate to the relevant news topics. And often, NEW news was getting lost in these topics.

So the idea was to make a community forum a viable place, put megatopics in there so it didn't pollute the main forums, and then make new threads for new News.

It's a sound idea and I think the execution has been fine. Mods just have to continue to be vigilante and let people know the deal. PoliGAF was such a mainstay I just think the suddenness of the closure surprised people.

The sports threads are megathreads, and they even get stickied!

Amir0x

Banned
The sports threads are megathreads, and they even get stickied!

Well, the sports topics might as well BE OT, for how long they have become the center piece of this forum, so I think that might be too big of a shake up for even GAF.

But I am not part of those decisions anymore, so who knows on that score!

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Probably old, but what a sour-faced shitbag the governor of Arizona is, quite apart from being a Xenophobic economics failure.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/25/jan-brewer-obama_n_1232367.html

This picture isn't a "gotcha" frame either. This is literally a Tea Party Governor of a State WAGGING HER FINGER at the goddamned president of the United States. Even Nixon doesn't deserve that. The Office of the Presidency requires strong honest debate, but it also requires manners. A citizen can get away with this, a Governor should set a better example.

fCnBy.jpg

Arizona Governor Jan Brewer traded words with President Obama after she greeted him at a Phoenix airport Wednesday.

Brewer and Obama "spoke intensely for a few minutes" after he landed at Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport, according to a White House pool report. At one point, the GOP governor shook her finger at the president.

"He was a little disturbed about my book," Brewer told a reporter after the incident, referring to her political memoir, "Scorpions for Breakfast." In the book, Brewer depicted Obama as "patronizing" during an earlier meeting.

"I said to him that I have all the respect in the world for the office of the president," Brewer said. "The book is what the book is. I asked him if he read the book. He said he read the excerpt. So."

Brewer said Obama told her "that he didn't feel I had treated him cordially."

"I said I was sorry he felt that way but I didn't get my sentence finished," Brewer said. "Anyway, we're glad he's here. I'll regroup."

The last time Obama met with Brewer was June 2010, when the Arizona governor visited the Oval Office for a private, 30-minute encounter the White House called a "good meeting." At the time, Brewer said the meeting was "very cordial," but in her book she said Obama had been "condescending."

During Wednesday's encounter, Brewer handed Obama a handwritten letter asking him to sit down with her to discuss the "Arizona comeback."

"I thought we probably would've talked about the things that were important to him and important to me, helping one another," Brewer said of a potential meeting with the president. "Our country is upside down. Arizona was upside down. But we have turned it around. I know again that he loves this country and I love this country."

This isn't the first time Obama and Brewer have disagreed. In October, a federal judge dismissed a lawsuit brought on by Brewer that accused the Obama administration of failing to enforce immigration laws or maintain control of her state's border with Mexico.

Probably old, but what a sour-faced shitbag the governor of Arizona is, quite apart from being a Xenophobic economics failure.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/25/jan-brewer-obama_n_1232367.html

This picture isn't a "gotcha" frame either. This is literally a Tea Party Governor of a State WAGGING HER FINGER at the goddamned president of the United States. Even Nixon doesn't deserve that. The Office of the Presidency requires strong honest debate, but it also requires manners. A citizen can get away with this, a Governor should set a better example.

fCnBy.jpg

I'm not buying it. Looks like a lover's spat.

Amir0x

Banned
that's because many Republicans have now been fooled by their own rhetoric; they have let the hate literally seep into their bones and it has become a part of the very way they even see the president. It very much is because they DO lack respect... for him.

Call it what you will, question what the motivations are - of the constant framing of Obama as "other", for example - but the finger wag is a byproduct of the corrosive atmosphere in the nutjob modern Republican party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom