• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Politico: Hundreds of White House emails sent to third Kushner family account

Tovarisc

White House officials have begun examining emails associated with a third and previously unreported email account on Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump’s private domain, according to three people familiar with the matter.

Hundreds of emails have been sent since January from White House addresses to accounts on the Kushner family domain, these people said. Many of those emails went not to Kushner’s or Ivanka Trump’s personal addresses but to an account they both had access to and shared with their personal household staff for family scheduling.

The emails—which include non-public travel documents, internal schedules and some official White House materials—were in many cases sent from Ivanka Trump, her assistant Bridges Lamar and others who work with the couple in the White House. The emails to the third account were largely sent from White House accounts but occasionally came from other private accounts, one of these people said.

The existence of additional accounts on the family domain beyond the two personal accounts used by Kushner and Ivanka Trump and reported earlier raises new questions about the extent of personal email use by the couple during their time as White House aides. Their use of private email accounts for White House business also raises concerns about the security of potentially sensitive government documents which have been forwarded to private accounts.

The family has declined to say what privacy measures have been placed on the domain, but a person familiar with the set-up said some security measures were taken when it was installed.
Many details about the ijkfamily.com email domain remain unclear, including what type of security protections are in place.

The accounts would have been more secure if they relied on commercial email providers rather than a private server, some experts say. “If you’re using a commercial email service provider, you’re really reducing the risk,” according to Lewis, because the major tech companies that run platforms like Gmail and Outlook typically have robust security teams. “If you’re doing your own email, it gets to be a lot easier [to hack],” he added.
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/02/jared-kushner-email-account-white-house-243389

MIMIC

Banned
Many details about the ijkfamily.com email domain remain unclear, including what type of security protections are in place.

LOL. I read that as the "I'm Just Kidding Family"

Kensation

tootsie-pop-1-2-3-crunch-o.gif

Xe4

Banned
Aside from the initial "you dumbass" kind of thought that crosses my mind, I normally wouldn't care about shit like this.

But given the absolute hell they dragged Clinton for over a similar sort of deal, fuck it, keep bringing shit in. Idiots.

Meanwhile:

(CNN) - Senate intelligence chairman Richard Burr said Monday he won't be the one who makes the Russian-linked Facebook election ads public.

At the same time, the North Carolina Republican told CNN President Donald Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner has responded to the committee's letter expressing concerns about his private email account, saying he did not mislead Congress in his private interview with Senate staff when he failed to disclose the account created earlier this year.

"The committee doesn't release documents," Burr said Monday. "It won't happen out of the senate intelligence committee. We don't release documents. It's a bad precedent to set for anybody else that would produce documents."

Meanwhile:

(CNN) - Senate intelligence chairman Richard Burr said Monday he won't be the one who makes the Russian-linked Facebook election ads public.

At the same time, the North Carolina Republican told CNN President Donald Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner has responded to the committee's letter expressing concerns about his private email account, saying he did not mislead Congress in his private interview with Senate staff when he failed to disclose the account created earlier this year.

"The committee doesn't release documents," Burr said Monday. "It won't happen out of the senate intelligence committee. We don't release documents. It's a bad precedent to set for anybody else that would produce documents."

This family sure does forget alot about meetings with Russians and email accounts.

Aselith

Isn't this the same shit Trump ragged on Clinton for? so fucked up.

Please don't repeat these Deep State lies, swamp man. Trump never said anything about emails, he doesn't even know what emails are. Maybe Bannon knows, he's good with the cyber. But he didnt tell Dad. True!

Forward

Can we the people hire a lawyer to get that orange asshole out of the Oval Office? It isn't like there is a dearth of evidence, at this point. He loses for free on grounds of gross lack of competency, alone. Fuck... I mean, I remember when treason was considered a capital offense.

Meanwhile:

We're totally innocent you know. Russia who?

The emails were coming from INSIDE THE HOUSE

GET OUT

GET OUT

EVACUATE ALL THE TRUMP ADMIN PERMANENTLY FOR THEIR OWN SAFETY

THERE IS A MANIAC AMONGST THEIR MIDST

Isn't that what the cop in the horror films say once they trace the origin of the culprit and their calls.... or e-mails?

CDX

an account they both had access to and shared with their personal household staff

What?

After the Republicans were dragging Hillary through the mud for over year. Did they not stop and think how doing something like this might look?

Oozer3993

The family has declined to say what privacy measures have been placed on the domain, but a person familiar with the set-up said some security measures were taken when it was installed.

This kills me. Don't worry guys! The accounts are safe! After all, "some" security measures were taken! The passwords are Ivanka, but with 4s instead of As! And everything's encrypted with ROT13! That's good enough, right? I mean those are "some" security measures! And it's really only a problem if you surround yourself with idiots, which the Kush definitely does not. All his people are fine, upstanding, intellige-

Abbe Lowell, a top Washington lawyer, exchanged emails on Monday with a prankster posing as his client Jared Kushner, at one point telling the prankster he needed to see "all emails" sent and received from a private email account Kushner had set up in December.

Shoeless

I guess this means Trump supporters have to admit that e-mail security breaches are no big deal at all, and no one cares, except when it comes to Hillary, but when asked how the two differ, they have to respond by punching the person that asked the question. I don't think there's any other rational way to hold those two contradictory positions simultaneously anymore.

This kills me. Don't worry guys! The accounts are safe! After all, "some" security measures were taken! The passwords are Ivanka, but with 4s instead of As! And everything's encrypted with ROT13! That's good enough, right? I mean those are "some" security measures! And it's really only a problem if you surround yourself with idiots, which the Kush definitely does not. All his people are fine, upstanding, intellige-

They used ROT26. Twice as good as ROT13.

This would be an amazing "gotcha" if things like that had any sort of impact anymore.

You cannot "get" people who are comfortable being hypocrites. The entire Republican party is full of assholes who should have been "got" multiple times over. Hypocrisy is part of being a Republican. They're okay with it.

Binabik15

Jesus fucking christ. Speechless.

Nothing will come out of this because the US population is so divided. Let's see if Mueller can deliver or "checks and balances" is dead. The USA need a complete make-over.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Who the fuck even has a 'personal email server's

I'm picturing a bunch of US politicians reading wikis on sendmail and fucking with postfix configs instead of doing their jobs. What the hell?

Top Bottom