• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Politico: Trump campaign paid $50,000 to Donald Jr.'s attorney

I mean, in my mind this is sort of like picking up your friend's pack of gum off the table without asking. Maybe he's okay with it, maybe it isn't actually stealing. Either way, just... go buy a pack of fucking gum, man?

Where are all the dummies that said, "No, all the money he raises now for the campaign is going to help the Republican party as a whole, it isn't going to beings by Trump or his family for private use..." now? What little dupes!

Its hard for me to see any Trump ties to Russia except for the ......

-Flynn thing and 
-the Manafort thing
-and the Tillerson thing
-and the Sessions thing
-and the Kushner thing
-and the Wray thing
-and the Morgan, Lewis, & Bockius “Russian Law Firm of the Year” thing
-and the Carter Page thing
-and the Roger Stone thing
-and the 198 Million voter records thing
-and the Felix Sater thing
-and the Boris Ephsteyn thing
-and the Rosneft thing
-and the Gazprom thing
-and the Sergey Gorkov banker thing
-and the Azerbajain thing
-and the “I love Putin” thing
-and the Donald Trump, Jr. thing
-and the Lavrov thing
-and the Sergey Kislyak thing
-and the Oval Office thing
-and the Gingrich/Kislyak phone calls thing
-and the Russian Business Interests thing
-and the Emoluments Clause thing
-and the Alex Schnaider thing
-and the hack of the DNC thing
-and the Guccifer 2.0 thing
-and the Mike Pence “I don’t know anything” thing
-and the Russians mysteriously dying thing
-and Trump’s public request to Russia to hack Hillary’s email thing
-and the Trump house sale for $100 million at the bottom of the housing bust to the Russian fertilizer king thing
-and the Russian fertilizer king’s plane showing up in Concord, NC during Trump rally campaign thing
-and the Nunes sudden flight to the White House in the night thing
-and the Nunes personal investments in the Russian winery thing
-and the Cyprus bank thing
-and Trump not releasing his tax returns thing
-and the Republican Party’s rejection of an amendment to require Trump to show his taxes thing
-and the election hacking thing
-and the GOP platform change to the Ukraine thing
-and the Steele Dossier thing
-and the Sally Yates can’t testify thing
-and the intelligence community’s investigative reports thing
-and the Trump reassurance that the Russian connection is all “fake news” thing
-and the Chaffetz not willing to start an investigation thing
-and the Chaffetz suddenly deciding to go back to private life in the middle of an investigation thing
-and the appointment of Pam Bondi who was bribed by Trump in the Trump University scandal appointed to head the investigation thing
-and the The White House going into full-on cover-up mode, refusing to turn over the documents related to the hiring and subsequent firing of Flynn thing
-and the Chaffetz and White House blaming the poor vetting of Flynn on Obama thing
-and the Poland and British intelligence gave information regarding the hacking back in 2015 to Paul Ryan and he didn't do anything thing
-and the Agent M16 following the money thing
-and the Trump team KNEW about Flynn's involvement but hired him anyway thing
-and the let’s fire Comey thing
-and the Mueller let’s fire him too thing
-and the Election night Russian trademark gifts thing
-and the Russian diplomatic compound electronic equipment destruction thing
-and the let’s give back the diplomatic compounds back to the Russians thing
-and the let’s back away from Cuba thing
-and now donny Jr met with Russians thing
-and the lies that the meeting didn't happen, transforming into an eight person meeting

SO yeah there’s probably nothing there!

I stole this.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
It scares me to think of what could have been if trump and his team were actually smart, cunning, and knew how to cover their tracks.

rjinaz

Its hard for me to see any Trump ties to Russia except for the ......

-Flynn thing and 
-the Manafort thing
-and the Tillerson thing
-and the Sessions thing
-and the Kushner thing
-and the Wray thing
-and the Morgan, Lewis, & Bockius “Russian Law Firm of the Year” thing
-and the Carter Page thing
-and the Roger Stone thing
-and the 198 Million voter records thing
-and the Felix Sater thing
-and the Boris Ephsteyn thing
-and the Rosneft thing
-and the Gazprom thing
-and the Sergey Gorkov banker thing
-and the Azerbajain thing
-and the “I love Putin” thing
-and the Donald Trump, Jr. thing
-and the Lavrov thing
-and the Sergey Kislyak thing
-and the Oval Office thing
-and the Gingrich/Kislyak phone calls thing
-and the Russian Business Interests thing
-and the Emoluments Clause thing
-and the Alex Schnaider thing
-and the hack of the DNC thing
-and the Guccifer 2.0 thing
-and the Mike Pence “I don’t know anything” thing
-and the Russians mysteriously dying thing
-and Trump’s public request to Russia to hack Hillary’s email thing
-and the Trump house sale for $100 million at the bottom of the housing bust to the Russian fertilizer king thing
-and the Russian fertilizer king’s plane showing up in Concord, NC during Trump rally campaign thing
-and the Nunes sudden flight to the White House in the night thing
-and the Nunes personal investments in the Russian winery thing
-and the Cyprus bank thing
-and Trump not releasing his tax returns thing
-and the Republican Party’s rejection of an amendment to require Trump to show his taxes thing
-and the election hacking thing
-and the GOP platform change to the Ukraine thing
-and the Steele Dossier thing
-and the Sally Yates can’t testify thing
-and the intelligence community’s investigative reports thing
-and the Trump reassurance that the Russian connection is all “fake news” thing
-and the Chaffetz not willing to start an investigation thing
-and the Chaffetz suddenly deciding to go back to private life in the middle of an investigation thing
-and the appointment of Pam Bondi who was bribed by Trump in the Trump University scandal appointed to head the investigation thing
-and the The White House going into full-on cover-up mode, refusing to turn over the documents related to the hiring and subsequent firing of Flynn thing
-and the Chaffetz and White House blaming the poor vetting of Flynn on Obama thing
-and the Poland and British intelligence gave information regarding the hacking back in 2015 to Paul Ryan and he didn't do anything thing
-and the Agent M16 following the money thing
-and the Trump team KNEW about Flynn's involvement but hired him anyway thing
-and the let’s fire Comey thing
-and the Mueller let’s fire him too thing
-and the Election night Russian trademark gifts thing
-and the Russian diplomatic compound electronic equipment destruction thing
-and the let’s give back the diplomatic compounds back to the Russians thing
-and the let’s back away from Cuba thing
-and now donny Jr met with Russians thing
-and the lies that the meeting didn't happen, transforming into an eight person meeting

SO yeah there’s probably nothing there!

I stole this.

All I see is FAKE NEWS typed about 60 times. You liberals need to drop this conspiracy and focus on the real issues, like taking away healthcare from the poor so the wealthy can further line their pockets.

Seriously though it's crazy to see it all typed out like that.

Bleepey

All I see is FAKE NEWS typed about 60 times. You liberals need to drop this conspiracy and focus on the real issues, like taking away healthcare from the poor so the wealthy can further line their pockets.

Seriously though it's crazy to see it all typed out like that.

A 40 episode tv series would probably still miss so much.

JNayK80.jpg

Caputo says Jr's involvement shows experience to the political world.

“Donald Junior made a mistake,” former Trump adviser Michael Caputo, said, “and he’d do it entirely differently if he had an opportunity.”

Asked if the meeting should have raised red flags, given that Russian government connections were implied in the emails setting it up, Caputo said “for an experienced campaign operative? Yeah, it should have raised a red flag. For a family member, for a first-time candidate for president of the United States in a whirlwind like we were in? I’m not surprised.”

He said it wasn’t unusual for members of the campaign to have unplanned meetings, saying, “the place was pell-mell.”
Instead of showing evidence of collusion between Trump campaign officials and Russia, Caputo said Trump Jr.’s involvement “shows more the naiveté of his first experience in a political campaign."

rjinaz

They are new at this, they didn't know not to meet secretly with Russia in hopes to collude in taking down a political opponent. Like you wouldn't have done the same thing!

Whew.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
JNayK80.jpg

Caputo says Jr's involvement shows experience to the political world.

“Donald Junior made a mistake,” former Trump adviser Michael Caputo, said, “and he’d do it entirely differently if he had an opportunity.”

Asked if the meeting should have raised red flags, given that Russian government connections were implied in the emails setting it up, Caputo said “for an experienced campaign operative? Yeah, it should have raised a red flag. For a family member, for a first-time candidate for president of the United States in a whirlwind like we were in? I’m not surprised.”

He said it wasn’t unusual for members of the campaign to have unplanned meetings, saying, “the place was pell-mell.”
Instead of showing evidence of collusion between Trump campaign officials and Russia, Caputo said Trump Jr.’s involvement “shows more the naiveté of his first experience in a political campaign."

Yeah but Paul Manafort, a 30 plus year political veteran and "real estate whiz kid, not chinless trust fund son of an incompetent felon" Jared Kushner were there too. And four other people.

Top Bottom