• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polygon: EA's Ignite "Pre-rendered w/ in game assets"

It clearly wasn't real time, and amusingly some of the things that gave it away as not being real time were things that looked BAD for once.

I'm laughing at how right you are, and how depressed I am. I feel bad for the developers.

Imagine working on Forza right now.

Imagine working on Quantum Break!

"Uh yeah this demo will have to do." Seriously not one live game demo, unless Forza comes through. Insane.

famfrit

Fz5NHa8.gif

Okay, they really dont want to sell me the damn games...

Sony, save us !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but if the new killzone is cg too ? I know some guys that will rage a lot, LOL

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
What I'm really happy to say, though, is that our games right now are delivering on that, and in some cases more

wasnt this said, nearly word for word, about EA's nfl cg footage from prior to the start of this gen?

Davey Cakes

What a day. So much displeasing news.

MS should have just made it an E3 reveal. At least then people would get the actual games on top of all the other news.

Thorakai

I have a feeling EA wanted to make CG that purposefully looked a bit bad to make it seem feasible that it was running in real-time, but then they realized the went overboard and made it look worse than it had to.

Worst part of the event. Our games look better but here's a shitty cg trailer. Please be excited!

Guaranteed all of those games will be shitty ports anyways. And fuck you for no next gen NHL.

Tagg9

How can CG look so bad?

And how can people say that it was a rush job? EA should have been working on this engine for at least a year now, and they've had several months (at the very least!) to prepare for this conference.

Anth0ny

Even though we all know the actual 2014 sports games for PS4/One will look like 360/PS3 games, I'd have preferred that over the god awful CG trailer they chose to use. God damn it was so bad.

Even though we all know the actual 2014 sports games for PS4/One will look like 360/PS3 games, I'd have preferred that over the god awful CG trailer they chose to use. God damn it was so bad.

I have that much faith in the developer. 2k Xbox and 2k XboxOne will be graphically different.

Perkel

Banned
Of course it was CG. I don't think anyone believed that animation/IQ/graphic combo like that can run real time on their box. Same with Remedy game and Forza video.

Mind you it is not like PS3 press conference when they showed total pre-renders game that were CG on that conference will be very close to their CG renders but simply worse looking with less IQ, lower resolution reflections etc.

GHG

After trash talking sony for pulling this stunt last time round they go and do this at their launch event this time round? Wow... How the tables have turned. Did they even have one on stage gameplay demo at the event?

flc

It took me about fifteen minutes to retrieve my sides after seeing this

I don't think many people watching that conference thought that it was legit footage. Of course it was pre-rendered, these things almost always are. It's not like the rest of the conference had set a different precedent or anything, either.

Jesus, we've already acclimated ourselves on next-gen and they still pull of this shit? Worse, they really don't look that impressive at all.

Talk about preparing for months and the actual games being up to the same standard but they still use pre-rendered footage. You could have used 5 second slices of actual gameplay EA, nobody would fault you.

blade85

Neo Member
Okay, they really dont want to sell me the damn games...

Sony, save us !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but if the new killzone is cg too ? I know some guys that will rage a lot, LOL

Its not, they have multiple demos + a whole power point presentation + videos all over youtube showing how it works etc.

wildfire

Banned
And what we wanted to do was use real game assets, so they're all real game assets, straight out of our game teams, but we had to get it into a format that would be usable in this style of event.

That followup statement is confusing. So the game looks like what was shown but the animations and camera perspectives were different?

That followup statement is confusing. So the game looks like what was shown but the animations and camera perspectives were different?

and image quality and physics, most likely.

and of course, the funniest thing is that they're all probably going to look better on PS4.

Icomp

Was there actually anyone who was impressed by the CG anyway?

I mean, 2004 CG look godly compared to that crap.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Anyone even vaguely knows how videogames work knew that EA reel was total bullshit. The slow-mo moments just doubled down on the "jesus christ come on" level of fakery.

PaulLFC

I need to watch it again in proper quality, but from what I saw of the stream, I wasn't that impressed with FIFA.

It looks a lot like FIFA does already, with the nice addition of shirt movement (finally!) - apart from that though, I thought it looked quite similar.

v1oz

They did that with the next gen Madden demo for PS3/360. And the final game didn't live up to the quality of the demo.

Top Bottom