• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polyphony Digital is “Considering” Releasing Gran Turismo on PC

As others have said considering it is bullshit for they're developing it. Otherwise it would be "no comment".

Gran Turismo is still one of Sony's biggest IP. Of course they're going to bring it to PC to get a larger audience. The game desperately needs an infusion of additional revenue as the game isn't nearly as big as it once was. Hopefully, they put the money back into the game and GT8 is a PS5/PC exclusive.

It should also be on their radar for VR support, which I'm confident it is.

I'll add that the only reason they haven't announced PC or VR support is that Polyphony Digital is so behind the times on game development that it will either take them ages to do these things or they'll need to bring in significant outside help.

Last edited:

[Sigma]

I would love for you to do something about the pop-ins in GT7 on PS5 Kaz. There should not be any pop-ins in this game on the PS5 version, shadows that line up with the vehicle.🤮 Your priorities are fucked up right now. Fuck this PC version. Don't be slacking.

Last edited:

Midn1ght

Jim Ryan is killing the company

Thank you Jim Ryan
Agree, what's the point of buying a PS5 anymore?
People will wait for the inevitable PC port while consoles will slowly become irrelevant.
This man must be stop!
Angry Jon Bernthal GIF by NETFLIX

Sony has sold over 25 million PS5s
God of War Ragnarok is the fastest-selling launch title ever
Confused Mouth Open GIF

Holammer

Imagine them releasing on PC? I would [no joke] have the budget a shit-ton of money to buy everything I want, which is everything.

As for the topic at hand, I'm not into realistic driving games so I'm not the target, but it'll give Sony a more diverse portfolio of games. Something for everyone and not just cinematic (press X to not die) third person games.

Fox Mulder

They don’t have to connect with pc gamers cross play

Or are you just pissed off another exclusive is coming to pc ? I mean if it’s the later, you should get used to it by now . GOWR will probably be a. 2023 game on pc or worse 2024 as well. It’s becoming the norm really.

I don’t care if PC gets every PS game. Stuff like racing games are competitive online though and console players get fucked with PC hackers ruining leaderboards or races and they also have a hardware advantage. I just disable crossplay, but like Xbox only cuts off Steam players if you do.

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

I don’t care if PC gets every PS game. Stuff like racing games are competitive online though and console players get fucked with PC hackers ruining leaderboards or races and they also have a hardware advantage. Consoles don’t let you cut off cross play either, like Xbox does but only cuts off Steam players.
But that's not the case with most online matches on Forza 7 pc or project cars online on PC.

If anything, the PS4 is a hacked console and the game is on it. maybe there are some hackers on PS consoles as its thanks to the PS4. honestly, this is just based on your luck and the worse situation is diable cross-play. problem solved mate.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
All their cross-gen games are coming to the PC. This also bodes well for VR support across the board for it, me hopes.

Pejo

That'd be fun to have on PC. I haven't seen a thread talking about shitty in-game currency gouging in a while, so I assume that leveled off?

I'd rather have the Motorstorm games and Driveclub, but what can you do?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
This was also a part of the incredibly prophetic Geforce leak IIRC.

So this "considering" is probably just lip-service before it gets formally announced sooner or later.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

RoadHazard

Gold Member
At this points, would console exist in the future?
Day1 PS is almost close at this point, if we are getting these games now.

Most people buy consoles to play games that are also on PC. So yes?

Also, we haven't seen any PS games on PC anywhere near day 1 yet, it's been about two years in all cases. So I wouldn't say that's "almost close".

SomeGit

Do it, I wanna try it but there is no way in hell I’m buying a PS plus a whole new PS compatible sim setup just to do it.

HTK

Banned
GT7 could benefit from going to PC as that's where a lot of that sim racing audience lives.

- Triple Monitor Support
- Expand Wheel/Pedal Support
- VR Support
- PSVR2 on PC Support
- Ray Tracing Support in Gameplay
- Expand the eSports/Online, fix the car stuttering in online races
- Get rid of bumper cars and include some real physics in car contacts
- Port your progress/save file from PS4/PS5 to PC

EDITED for last bullet point, I think this is a big one for those of us that will double dip.

Last edited:

Banned
GT7 could benefit from going to PC as that's where a lot of that sim racing audience lives.

- Triple Monitor Support
- Expand Wheel/Pedal Support
- VR Support
- PSVR2 on PC Support
- Ray Tracing Support in Gameplay
- Expand the eSports/Online, fix the car stuttering in online races
- Get rid of bumper cars and include some real physics in car contacts

they will definitely not change the netcode or physics for a PC release...

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
If they do port it to pc, free online play would be a huge advantage over having to pay for ps plus.

Since your data is all saved in their servers, do you think we would be able to transfer our save data back and forth between PC and PS?

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

Puscifer

All these ports are going to be massive downgrades. How can they expect to emulate the ps5 ssd/io?

With it going to pc modders will find a way to eliminate all the online trash and prob mod in the career mode everyone wanted.
These games would run just fine on a PCIE3 SSD. The fact they're built for an SSD from the get go is already a huge benefit, but as we've seen so far none of the promised design changes have come into play and we've only seen faster load times.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Shouldn’t be up for consideration. Fucking do it. All Sony and Xbox games should be available on PC, day 1.

I’ll give Nintendo a pass, because you can emulate better versions already pretty easily, for those that really want to.

Last edited:

Kerotan

GT7 considering it will get updates for years would be huge on pc and ps5. The synergy would be very strong. The extra revenue would justify bigger polyphony investments aswell.

Top Bottom