• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Popular YouTube Channel shows parents abusing their children for money

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm posting this here to gain a little more traction online. Basically this YouTube channel, DaddyOFive, is run by a pair of lunatics that "prank" their children, especially their son Cody, for money on YouTube.

The "pranks" aren't funny and the parents are both verbally and physically abusive. It's honestly tough to watch... no idea how they have 750k subscribers.

Link to channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8lV8KIVWvfsaqOi_d3Wu3w
Invisible Ink "Prank": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMf7HibATNg
Tablet Destruction "Prank": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC8bK9-fzsA

He's now blocking and deleting negative comments on Facebook, calling anyone who questions the videos "haters". I've sent an email to Montgomery County (MD) sheriff as well as a few news organizations. If I had more info I'd file a CPS report.

H3H3 is apparently making a video as well. This shit sickens me. Hoping GAF can help spread the word online.

Savitar

Figures some shitty parents would find a new way to exploit their shittiness in the pursuit of a buck.

I wonder what advertisers are thrilled to be assorted with this?

Might be a good way to get rid of these people...target the advertisers on the channel, let them know what their products are playing during and let them flip out at youtube.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Damn, watched one them and they really abuse that poor kid, he sounds terrified wtf man...

Figures some shitty parents would find a new way to exploit their shittiness in the pursuit of a buck.

I wonder what advertisers are thrilled to be assorted with this?

Might be a good way to get rid of these people...target the advertisers on the channel, let them know what their products are playing during and let them flip out at youtube.
Not a bad idea. I've flagged a few videos for Child Abuse on YouTube.

I'm more concerned about the well being of the children than whatever money they are gaining. It's like these parents are trying to raise a school shooter.

Mesoian

"GET OUT OF THE BLANKET! DON'T DISRESPECT ME!"

Someone in this family is going to get stabbed by someone else in this family. There will be 0 trust amongst the members by the time they're in their teens.

If its going to a good cause like their child's college fund I wouldn't be as disgusted.

If anything, it needs to go into a trust for their future therapy.

Damn, watched one them and they really abuse that poor kid, he sounds terrified wtf man...

The Dad posted a video saying how the kids "know it's a prank". These kids deserve Oscars if that's the case.

Then he has Cody meekly saying "it's just a prank" similar to how a kid would react if a perpetrator of abuse was in the room when the child was asked "are you being abused?"

Maxinas

The "pranks" aren't funny and the parents are both verbally and physically abusive. It's honestly tough to watch... no idea how they have 750k subscribers.

Come on man, you've probably been using the internet long enough to know that there is no end to the amount of shitty people in this world.

samn

Even if the kids know it's a prank and are playing along (doubt it) they shouldn't be swearing around young children.

jacobeid

Banned
Even if the kids know it's a prank and are playing along (doubt it) they shouldn't be swearing around young children.

Someone needs to send these videos to children's services. These parents are not fit to raise children.

I'm flagging all of their videos for child abuse. Sick fucks.

The point where the cops come to their door.

These people don't care.

Like I couldn't even finish the video, the moment I saw one of the kids breaking down I just thought "How do you do this to your own kids, without realising you are the worst parent"

Hope these kids get some help.

Mesoian

Like I couldn't even finish the video, the moment I saw one of the kids breaking down I just thought "How do you do this to your own kids, without realising you are the worst parent"

Hope these kids get some help.

When the kids thank the camera and urge people to like and subscribe, it made me feel ill. Those kids are being trained for straight up destructive behavior.

20 years from now, videos like these are going to be case studies for negligence in the modern age.

Foffy

Banned
I had a feeling the kid in the ink video was the one in the Xbox video...

Man, what abusive parents....

Oh man, these people can't live more than like, a ten or twenty minute drive from me.

Prank and "okay" with it or not, no part of how these parents treat their kids when they "pretend" to catch them doing wrong is even remotely appropriate. I can't help wondering what happens when there aren't cameras.

Watched two of them, and I dunno... parts of it look kinda.. staged? I know kids' vocal cadence can be weird, not being an adult and all, but could the kids actually be in on the joke as well?

I mean, alot of pranks in general are fake, including reactions. Just food for thought. I just clicked on a third one with him around a table playing a guessing game with his kids, and they all seem pretty amiable/caring (in a loud obnoxious father kind of way).

I don't know how malicious this is. I could be wrong though, I certainly admit.

edit: The more I skim these videos, the more extreme they are... While it still may be staged it goes too far for my liking. It is probably child abuse regardless of intent.

AlexMogil

I wonder this all grew from that Jimmy Kimmel "we ate all your Halloween candy" prank that asked parents to film their kids when they told them they ate all their candy.

Someone probably thought the reaction could be funnier if they ESCALATED IT! Yeah! Like and subscribe for more hilarity woo!

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
One of their videos got to the front page on Reddit months ago, I was surprised to see that it didn't really get much traction after that. I guess better late than never.

IronRaven

On their "About" page:

UUSv5ni.png

Really? You as a family decided this? Sure dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom