• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Popular YouTube Channel shows parents abusing their children for money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched two of them, and I dunno... parts of it look kinda.. staged? I know kids' vocal cadence can be weird, not being an adult and all, but could the kids actually be in on the joke as well?

I mean, alot of pranks in general are fake, including reactions. Just food for thought. I just clicked on a third one with him around a table playing a guessing game with his kids, and they all seem pretty amiable/caring (in a loud obnoxious father kind of way).

I don't know how malicious this is. I could be wrong though, I certainly admit.
a child is pushed into a bookcase and later is shown to have a bloody nose.

fuck that.

even if this was staged it's completely inappropriate. the mental gymnastics a 7 or 8 year old is doing to make sense of this is crazy.

Couldn't make it past five seconds of one video. Awful.

On their "About" page:

UUSv5ni.png

Really? You as a family decided this? Sure dude.

Nothing says responsible parenting like a run-on sentence.

Haven't watched the videos, but wouldn't the kids get wise to this after the first few pranks?

Thats what I was thinking. I know they're kids but they can problem solve. After suffering through a few bad pranks, the next time they get in trouble for something ridiculous, the first thought should become "Oh wait, I'm probably being pranked by dad again, let me call his bluff"

Maybe the kids are in on it....

a child is pushed into a bookcase and later is shown to have a bloody nose.

fuck that.

even if this was staged it's completely inappropriate. the mental gymnastics a 7 or 8 year old is doing to make sense of this is crazy.

Yea I agree, the two that I clicked on was one where the wife jumped out of a trash can to scare them, and another where the kid was "caught stealing" which seemed awfully planned. I've looked through a couple more now and good grief, they are a piece of work. It certainly borders on child abuse regardless.

red731

I need to exploit someone for money.....Oh wait, I'm not a fucking vulture to even do this!

Fuck them up to space.

Thats what I was thinking. I know they're kids but they can problem solve. After suffering through a few bad pranks, the next time they get in trouble for something ridiculous, the first thought should become "Oh wait, I'm probably being pranked by dad again, let me call his bluff"

How about they're children and being yelled at profusely by your parents is traumatic no matter what. A parent is God to a child.

Man, I'd be ruining that shit for my parents so fast. But then, I find the notion of mean pranks to be utterly abhorrent and wouldn't be standing for it past the first time it happened.

Phu

Banned

That's how someone raised in a safe environment would likely think, yes.

edit: The more I skim these videos, the more extreme they are... While it still may be staged it goes too far for my liking

They do feel staged. You'd think the kids would know something's up when they know the parents have this channel and happen to be recording for no reason. i know when I was in trouble the first thing my parents did was run to get a camera and tape it.

If it is staged though then that almost seems worse because they do some fucked up things and that would mean these kids are being coerced into going along with them.

idlewild_

I opened the invisible ink one thinking "how bad could this possibly be" based on the title. Yikes, scary environment for that kid.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
The guy is undoubtably scum, but don't make threads to drive an outrage brigade to attack someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom