• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

|OT| Social Community Portable/Handheld Screenshot Thread

Jooxed

Gold Member
Live on Twitch
Aug 27, 2019
Hey Guys!! To go along with cormack12 cormack12 's awesome console screenshot thread I thought we could have a Portable Handheld Screenshot thread here.

1.) Must be handheld mode for the switch (no docked photos)
2.) Any portable device is welcome
3.) Try to include game and platform
6.) Be mindful of spoilers.
7.) Profit

Hellblade (Nintendo Switch)

Paper Mario and the Origami King (Nintendo Switch)

Bravely Default II (Nintendo Switch)

Kuranghi

Apr 17, 2015
I want a an 4K 8K Switch so bad, these lovely looking games deserve to me perfectly rendered and not covered in catapillars. I just accept it when I play Switch, I don't think about it because that would just be hurting myself, but seeing Gamecube games at 8K shows how timeless their graphics are, come on Ninty, let me supersample the shite out of your beautiful dioramas.

• Empathy
Reactions: Newly Vacant

Captain Toad

I advertise for PlayStation. For free.
Dec 1, 2020
Rejoice my Toad brother. We live in the land of the Switch. Milk and honey flow freely and we are always warmed by the embrace of Nintendo.

I love my Switch (all six we own in our house), but I already miss the PlayStation portable consoles. Nintendo and Sony handhelds both always offered unique and worthwhile experiences.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2020
Monster Hunter Rise does look really good. So excited for March.
Yeah, me too! Can't wait to smash something that's not a poor Misutzune, I'm starting to feel pity for those things. :lollipop_downcast_sweat:

I would say the game looks even better in motion, and while the framerate may not be perfect, it plays like a dream even on multiplayer. Capcom has done a good work with the RE Engine here.

Jun 23, 2020
Another 2 screenshots of the Monster Hunter: Rise demo. Probably the last until the game releases.

Although the scenery can sometimes look bland and empty there are still cool graphical effects, like the smoke coming out of the Gun Lance and the animals/monsters fur.

Newly Vacant

Jul 30, 2013
Michigan
ehuntington.org
Another 2 screenshots of the Monster Hunter: Rise demo. Probably the last until the game releases.

Although the scenery can sometimes look bland and empty there are still cool graphical effects, like the smoke coming out of the Gun Lance and the animals/monsters fur.
I can't wait for Rise. Thanks for the screens.

Last edited:
  • Praise the Sun
Reactions: TintoConCasera

Orta

console wars 2020 - participant
Apr 26, 2018
I've never played the original. This demo is quite interesting though, VERY slow paced but dripping in eerie atmosphere as you said.

Reactions: TintoConCasera