• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Portal 2 New DLC = Puzzel/Level editor/creator.

NBtoaster

I spy meet the pyro on one of those computer screens towards the end (bottom right)

ha!

untitledq6ezd.png

Not just a screen either, it's a short clip.

CreativeSK

Neo Member
This will be awesome. Can't wait what people are going to create with this. Too bad that we'll have to wait for coop lvl's, those are the most fun imo.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Make the levels downloadable on PS3

This. I don't care about the editor, but they should copy UT3 and allow levels to be "baked" for the PS3 version. It should (in theory and console limits) be possible.

I'm intrigued to see how this ends up working in practice - I can't conceptually see how an isometric view level editor is going to be very easy to use for more complicated room layouts where things are split across multiple sub rooms.

I guess there will be 'advanced options' that revert to using more traditional Hammer-style map design layouts?

since when?

mcbain.gif

Stat!

Awesome stuff. Hopefully, it allows you to create co-op puzzles as well and input Glados or Wheatley voices as you progress.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
This could be so awesome, can't wait to see what people will make! Too bad about it not coming to PS3, which I really thought I would, but I'm good with the Steam copy I got with the game.

padlock

The trailer was fantastic.

Did anyone notice the the employe in the spinning chair with the giant diamond on his lap. I wonder what that's about?

HoosTrax

The trailer was fantastic.

Did anyone notice the the employe in the spinning chair with the giant diamond on his lap. I wonder what that's about?
I think it might be an incredibly oversized TF2 diamond ring. If he were holding it in his lap, his arm would be around the diamond. Whereas from all angles I've seen, his left hand is directly under it.

Edit: Or not lol ^

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
It's funny, this is most likely an extension of their tile-gen setup from Alien Swarm only this time they put it to use in a game that it actually makes perfect sense for.

Jintor

I love how incredibly, stupidly inefficient the panel production line is. Not to mention the entire project of Aperture Science itself, but nevermind that.

Glass Rebel

I love how incredibly, stupidly inefficient the panel production line is. Not to mention the entire project of Aperture Science itself, but nevermind that.

I like to think of it as a "friendly" jab against other developers in the games industry :x

Jintor

Just dumb stuff like them putting it onto a forklift which turns around and is immediately unloaded. Hilarious.

LeleSocho

Banned

Guys, guys.... what if... every level we create it generates random information like this to distinguish the creator of the levels? for example
All the test chambers created from the user LeleSocho are from Earth-57435875987 which is populated by Pandas etc etc.... it would be awesome

Evlar

Banned
Civilization advanced enough to conduct testing: YES
Aperture Exists on this Earth: YES

Liquid assets available for testing: $409,998,304,204,12
$ = hardened lumps of kelp

Percentage of peanut dust in atmosphere: 34%
Soylent Green on Earth-5912228342 made of: LOBSTER
That's a lot of peanut dust.

My hope is that a lot of really creative people haven't hacked their way into designing levels yet, and the relase of this editor will bring them to the table. At least that's the world I live in, anyway.

Oh, and this: ABOUT FUCKING TIME, GABE. I'm gonna choke from all the dust I'm gonna have to blow off my copy of P2.

FStop7

Banned
If this editor is good then Portal 2 is not only my retroactive choice for GOTY 2011 it also might be GOTY 2012.

I'm horribly uninterested in this being the second DLC pack, to be honest. I've never cared much about community content.

I'm sure people dying to play Super Mario Bros. 1-1 in Portal 2 will be happy though.

Just kidding. Mostly. :)

Yeah for all the people moaning about the level editor, if it lets you download the content who cares? PC master race will do the work for you. It'll be interesting to see if people can retro fit the level editor to make other Source type mods.

Top Bottom