• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Portal 2 |OT| Sleep. Spuds. Science.

imQYmw.png

ikEI2S.png

imQTWg.png
Developer | Valve
imQTWg.png
Genre | Puzzle Platformer FPS (PPFPS)
imQTWg.png
Release Date | 4/19/2011 for NA, 4/21/2011 for EU and AUS
imQTWg.png
Platforms | Xbox 360, PS3, PC, and Mac
imQTWg.png
Official Website | Click here
imQTWg.png
What is Portal? A quirky and smart PPFPS that was released in 2007 as one of the five games included in The Orange Box.
imQTWg.png
What is Portal 2? The sequel to the aforementioned Portal, Portal 2 adds new twists and surprises for new and returning players.

imQTWg.png
Xbox 360 and PS3 Owners: Portal 2 does not support Kinect or Move.​

imUXzs.png

From the official website–
The highly anticipated sequel to 2007's Game of the Year, Portal 2 is a hilariously mind-bending adventure that challenges you to use wits over weaponry in a funhouse of diabolical science.

Using a highly experimental portal device, you’ll once again face off against a lethally inventive, power-mad A.I. named GLaDOS. And this time you won’t be alone. Meet an expanded cast of characters as you think your way through dangerous, never-before-seen areas of Aperture Laboratories.

Break the laws of spatial physics in ways you never thought possible, with a wider variety of portal puzzles and an expansive story that spans a single player and co-operative game mode.

imQTWg.png
Length – Approximately 7 - 9 Hours (2-3x longer than Portal 1)

imQWeo.png

"We’re a lot alike, you and I. You tested me, I tested you. You killed me, I... Oh no. Wait. I guess I haven’t killed you yet... Well, food for thought."
–GLaDOS

imReAK.png

The player. Fans of Portal are already familiar with her, and you’ll be stepping into her shoes again for Portal 2. We don’t have a clear picture of her – who she is, her background – so maybe some of our questions might be answered in the sequel.

imM9zQ.png

The antagonist. She was in Portal, she’s back, she’s still alive, and she’s ready for more science in Portal 2.

imMFOo.png

More characters will make an appearance. We already know some of them from the trailers and pre-release information, but how many more of them there are we won’t know until we play the game.​

imMjQs.png

Sibylus

Banned
jmQ8CO.png

imMDGg.png

imQTWg.png
Length - Approximately 6 Hours (2x longer than Portal 1)

imQWeo.png

“These next tests require cooperation. Consequently, they have never been solved by a human. That’s where you come in. You don’t know pride. You don’t know fear. You don’t know anything. You’ll be perfect.”
-GLaDOS

imMd1U.png

The shortest of the bots, ATLAS was seemingly fashioned from the chassis of a blue-eyed personality core. ATLAS possesses a propensity for taking risks, but typically when it imperils others.

imMbtM.png

Spry and lanky, P-Body is assembled from the core of an orange-eyed turret. P-Body seems characteristically enthusiastic or nervous, often ending up on the receiving end of ATLAS’s mistakes.

The final purpose of these two Aperture robots aren’t fully understood, but whatever it is, death appears to be a minor obstacle only.​

imQ2o0.png

imQTWg.png
Gaf Avatars:

ikEG7o.gif
ikIWNo.gif
ikJftK.gif
ikI5f8.gif
ikJdlC.gif
ikE5SA.gif
ikIw9c.gif
ikDZUE.gif
ikI7nG.gif
ikEgtc.gif

ikE8aI.gif
ikIUFg.gif
ikIyHk.gif
ikEEzg.gif
ikEi1k.gif
ikEccM.gif
ikEekU.gif
ikI0Ps.gif
ikEk9s.gif
ikEmH0.gif

ikIB3W.gif
ikEAiQ.gif
ikI9vO.gif
ikIYVw.gif
ikJbd4.gif
ikECqY.gif
ikEIFw.gif
ikEKN4.gif
ikJh1S.gif
ikJjAa.gif

ikDXM8.gif
ikDZUG.gif
ikIw9e.gif
ikIyHm.gif
ikEgte.gif
ikEi1m.gif
ikI5fA.gif
ikI7nI.gif
ikE5SC.gif
ikE8aK.gif

ikIUFi.gif
ikIWNq.gif
ikEEzi.gif
ikEG7q.gif
ikJdlE.gif
ikJftM.gif
ikEccO.gif
ikEekW.gif
ikI0Pu.gif
ikI2X2.gif

imUKPc.gif
imUMXk.gif
imZjB8.gif
ikJjAc.gif
imZlJG.gif
imZuqm.gif
imVsVg.gif
imUV3G.gif
imUTv8.gif
imZsie.gif

imQTWg.png
Purchase Bonus: Purchasers of the PS3 version will be able to play their copy on PC/Mac (Steamplay)

imQTWg.png
Preorder Bonuses

Gamestop: Bot Skins: Yellow Frame

Steam: -10% off, free copy of Portal 1 for self or to gift

Amazon.de, CDON.com: Bot Skins: Coloured Plates

imQTWg.png
Comic: Lab Rat

Part I | Part II

imQTWg.png
Aperture Investment Opportunities

I - Panels
II - Bot Trust
III - Turrets
IV - Boots

imQTWg.png
Potato Fools Day ARG

ARG Wiki: Timeline, Info, etc.

ik5mfk.gif

imRc2C.png

imQTWg.png
94/100 (Editor's Choice) - "Full of thrilling showcase moments" -- PCGamer​

imMlY0.png

imQTWg.png
To Derfeef for the super-snazzy banners and images
imQTWg.png
To Abunai for submitting potential artwork
imQTWg.png
To colonialraptor for avatars
imQTWg.png
To whoever made that gif I shamelessly stole
imQTWg.png
To Valve for potatoes
imQTWg.png
To God for Portal 2 (you’re the best <3)​

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Forkball said:
It took four people to make this? Where is the detailed breakdown of new features? Huge, glorious screen shots?

All conveniently located on the game's official website. Well, not large screenshots.

Kyaw

TheRagnCajun said:
Oh yes. This will be awesome.

I still don't get the whole potato ARG though.

Neither do i :/

Nice OT though. Loved the portal image of the girl falling through from two different posts! :D

Top Bottom