• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Portal 2 to feature user-created levels on all platforms

lol I click on this thread thinking FUCK YEAH. Then I notice someone else has posted those same words already. And he's got my same avatar. I'm like wtf when all of a sudden I realize it's me and this is a thread bump.

:|

Feep

Banned
Blizzard sure as hell isn't MY favorite dev. They've released two games in the past how many years? Incredible, culture-defining games, but still only two (blah blah blah expansions). They also have the nuts to charge $60 for the two coming SC2 expansions, and try to rape players by charging like forty dollars for some flying mount with stars in it. Like they don't have enough money?

Valve >>>>>> Blizzard. The value and variety that comes from Valve is second-to-none.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Feep said:
Blizzard sure as hell isn't MY favorite dev. They've released two games in the past how many years? Incredible, culture-defining games, but still only two (blah blah blah expansions). They also have the nuts to charge $60 for the two coming SC2 expansions, and try to rape players by charging like forty dollars for some flying mount with stars in it. Like they don't have enough money?

Valve >>>>>> Blizzard. The value and variety that comes from Valve is second-to-none.

never enough

AniHawk

Feep said:

also, i'm fairly certain it was valve that made team fortress 2.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
remember that time they made half life 2

StuBurns

Banned
KaYotiX said:
Valve and blizz pretty much kept PC gaming alive. Why argue? :) both are awesome
They're at war with their DotA2's, you must take up a side warrior, state an alignment or be cut down with innocent masses.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
StuBurns said:
They're at war with their DotA2's, you must take up a side warrior, state an alignment or be cut down with innocent masses.

Valve saw an opportunity with DotA2 while Blizzard decided to do nothing except whine and complain. Looks like Valve wins.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
StuBurns said:
Blizzard made 'Blizzard DotA' in SC2 didn't they?

Only after it was more or less confirmed IceFrog was working on a DotA-like game at Valve.

MNC

Oh sweet thread was brought back again. So yeah, fucking awesome valve! Definitely gonna Hammer myself some maps for this game.

John

Luigi87 said:
rofl, that's great.

Now... I must decide on how I will go about getting Portal 2...
Pre-order via Steam? PC retail so I needn't download via Steam? Or PS3 version, then download and play on PC via Steam?

Decisions... Decisions...
it'll definitely be a steamworks title

Weenerz

Banned
Luigi87 said:
rofl, that's great.

Now... I must decide on how I will go about getting Portal 2...
Pre-order via Steam? PC retail so I needn't download via Steam? Or PS3 version, then download and play on PC via Steam?

Decisions... Decisions...

I'm getting PC retail, since it's a midnight launch and I won't have to wait for "Valve time", so I will be able to play it at midnight.

Cipherr

I love the way the facility is so broken down to hell. I wonder what the story will be behind that. I mean, supposedly its Chell, and supposedly a long time has passed. So whats with the new prototype fluids, contraptions, and more importantly, the facility seems to have overgrowth like it was abandoned after the first game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Weenerz said:
I'm getting PC retail, since it's a midnight launch and I won't have to wait for "Valve time", so I will be able to play it at midnight.

You'd still have to wait until the game has been unlocked on Steam itself, would you not? It's not as though you can install the game separate of the platform, so all buying it at retail saves you is (potentially) a few bucks and the hassle/time of downloading a handful of gigs.

Nessus

Cipherr said:
I love the way the facility is so broken down to hell. I wonder what the story will be behind that. I mean, supposedly its Chell, and supposedly a long time has passed. So whats with the new prototype fluids, contraptions, and more importantly, the facility seems to have overgrowth like it was abandoned after the first game.

General sense I get from the various bits and pieces they've released (from the Game Informer interviews, etc.) is that hundreds of years have passed. Chell is the last human on Earth.

Whatever happened with regards to Gordon and the Combine has long since played out, and there will be no further crossovers.

I *think* GLaDOS was still active after Chell's capture at the end of the first game (which would give her time and the opportunity to devise new technologies and set up test chambers), but the hints of a society of various friendly AI cores that lived in fear of her suggests there was an upset at some point, perhaps GLaDOS was overthrown, hence waking GLaDOS up again near the beginning of the second game.

Either way, can't wait for this game. Getting pretty close now..

Top Bottom