• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possibly the best UFO clip ever was recorded yesterday

AlphaMale

Hmm, not sure space debris is that big; nor a piece of the ISS, for that matter. It looks much, much bigger than the Space Shuttle, so if it's actually debris, then expect it to make a huge streak of light when it finally burns up as it falls to the earth. If it's it doesn't fall to the Earth, then that size of debris would surely knock out a few satellites as it floats around.

Ornlu

Banned
Hmm, not sure space debris is that big; nor a piece of the ISS, for that matter. It looks much, much bigger than the Space Shuttle, so if it's actually debris, then expect it to make a huge streak of light when it finally burns up as it falls to the earth. If it's it doesn't fall to the Earth, then that size of debris would surely knock out a few satellites as it floats around.

1. How can you determine size with no reference?
2. Orbital space is big, with 10,000's of objects. Why would this one hit a few satellites?

AlphaMale

1. How can you determine size with no reference?
2. Orbital space is big, with 10,000's of objects. Why would this one hit a few satellites?

`1. I guess there isn't anything to reference it by. But just by looking at the footage, does it really look like it's the size of a sheet of drywall? I dunno, it's just looks really big to me given the footage, but yeah, can't be certain for sure.
2. Yes, if the object is small, then it's just part of the existing mass of space debris. However, my assumption was that it's massive in size, so it could knock some satellites around. However, given the assumption that it's an alien craft, they would probably know to steer around the debris and satellites anyways. lol

MadAnon

How did you determine the size?

ISS is in the low earth orbit for easier maintenance. Satellites are further away.

Last edited:

Weilthain

Banned
How did you determine the size?

ISS is in the low earth orbit for easier maintenance. Satellites are further away.
It’s in low earth orbit because they can’t go beyond low earth orbit. Their words, not mine. Don’t make me post the video of them literally saying that.

ah bollocks to it, I will post it.

4:25 is when they say it.

by the way, that isn’t a green screen they are in front of.

Last edited:

MadAnon

It’s in low earth orbit because they can’t go beyond low earth orbit. Their words, not mine. Don’t make me post the video of them literally saying that.

ah bollocks to it, I will post it.

4:25 is when they say it.

by the way, that isn’t a green screen they are in front of.

This is also true but low earth orbit is 2000km. ISS is only about 400km high. Hubble is 160km further away.

Sending people with all the fancy instruments beyond earth orbit is neither simple or cheap.

Weilthain

Banned
This is also true but low earth orbit is 2000km. ISS is only about 400km high. Hubble is 160km further away.

Sending people with all the fancy instruments beyond earth orbit is neither simple or cheap.
They were still figuring out how to get people through the radiation belts in 2015 despite landing on the moon 6 times with no problems.

unsure what their current excuse is at the moment.

Tesseract

Banned
radiation in many cases devastated the apollo astronauts, it's not a big secret

the strategies of the apollo missions to limit particle / ray exposure are well documented

it's no coincidence most or all (i forget the number) suffered from cataracts and other shit later in life

they documented seeing flashes of light when they went to sleep

Last edited:

MadAnon

They were still figuring out how to get people through the radiation belts in 2015 despite landing on the moon 6 times with no problems.

Doesn't mean you don't test the new technology and shielding before you put a human with all the fancy, sensitive instruments in the spacecraft and send him to Mars.

You think Boeing just slaps together new plane and puts it immedately on the market? They still put them through extensive testing. Even then some faults can manifest only during commercial use. According to you, there's no need to test before putting humans in them because previous models worked, right? People already flew before, right?

I see nothing controversial in that video.

Last edited:

Weilthain

Banned
Doesn't mean you don't test the new technology and shielding before you put a human being with all the fancy, sensitive instruments in the spacecraft and send him to Mars.

You think Boeing just slaps together new plane and puts it immedaetly on the market? They still put them through extensive testing. Even then some faults can manifest only during commercial use. According to you, there's no need to test before putting humans in them because previous models worked, right? People already flew before, right?

I see nothing controversial in that video.

😉

MadAnon

What exactly do you mean? So you are willing to hop in a plane and take your family with you when not a single instrument has been tested on this new plane and not a single part has gone through durability testing?

Want to learn something that isn't based on some out of context quotes like conspiracies.

Orion will use much more sensitive electronics compared to whatever was used during Apollo. They need to test all these systems, shielding in this region. Imagine if something fails during this test and some major fault is discovered? Saved lives.

Last edited:

[/QUOTE

Hope this helps.

"The astronauts on the ISS do not regularly spend time inside the belts, but from time to time solar storms expand the belts to the orbit of the space station. In the 1960s, several Apollo crews went through the Van Allen belts on their way to and from the moon. Their time in that radiation-intensive region, however, was very short, in part because the trajectory was designed to pass through the thinnest known parts. With more study, astronauts can be better protected for long-term stays in Earth orbit. "

Weilthain

Banned
2024 people.

we‘re going back to the moon. Might not bring a car with us this time though. But we are going dammit.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
If that hunk of junk is the best an alien species can come up with, I gotta say I’m not impressed. Wake me up when we get something like Independence Day.

Weilthain

Banned
The Americans are the only ones who ever did this right? In 1969? Everyone else stopped trying?

not a single human being other than the Apollo astronauts have even been out of low earth orbit.

they landed men on the moon in ‘69 and were driving cars on it by 72 yet today we can’t leave “low earth orbit” give me a break.

CHINA HAS A REMOTE CONTROL CAR ON THE SIDE OF THE MOON WE CANT SEE THOUGH GUYS DONT WORRY ABOUT IT

Anyone who wants to watch a serious documentary about the Apollo missions need look no further than this.

instead of just googling a rebuttal and linking the first YouTube video that comes up , watch this instead!

Weilthain

Banned
Its amazing to me that fifty years later going to the moon is still a relatively colossal task. I don't expect it to be a breeze, but still, that's a long time since 1969.
If only they hadn’t destroyed the technology.

hey, anyone mind linking me the blue prints to this Homeless tweaker shelter so I can see how the fuck it is supposed to work?

rhXtiuI.jpg

And the moon buggy as well? Hell anyone got any proof these machines worked?

MadAnon

If only they hadn’t destroyed the technology.

hey, anyone mind linking me the blue prints to this Homeless tweaker shelter so I can see how the fuck it is supposed to work?

rhXtiuI.jpg

And the moon buggy as well? Hell anyone got any proof these machines worked?
You can't even figure out the shape of the earth and think you will understand the blueprints of lunar module and how it worked. 🤣

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Anyone who wants to watch a serious documentary about the Apollo missions need look no further than this.

instead of just googling a rebuttal and linking the first YouTube video that comes up , watch this instead!

But how can you be sure the claims in this video are real if they base them on a round Earth model?

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
So, what I’ve taken out of this thread is, never send a woman to do a man’s job.

I’m joking, relax.
VelvetyHelpfulFruitfly-size_restricted.gif

Weilthain

Banned
But how can you be sure the claims in this video are real if they base them on a round Earth model?

the author/director isn’t a flat earther, he is using NASAs own documentation against them.

don’t be afraid to give it a watch. You won’t become a flat earther from this documentary.

Weilthain

Banned
Maybe not, but you'll definitely become dumber from watching it.

don’t let peer pressure prevent you from allowing yourself to watch it.

its very well made, its a great watch, you just have to be brave and allow yourself.

No one is going to know. no one is going to make fun of you it will be your little secret!

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

its very well made, its a great watch, you just have to be brave and allow yourself.

No one is going to know. no one is going to make fun of you it will be your little secret!

Grade A trolling, mate. Star Wars Christmas Special avatar, flat earther, complete misunderstanding of the basic principles of space travel. When are you going to start your stint as an anti-vaccer?

Weilthain

Banned
Lol. Seriously, stop dude! I am crying from laughing so hard at your dedication to this trolling persona.

......you know flat earthers are real?

i know Obama made fun of them a bunch of times and everyone laughed, but we are real people.

You can’t just call me a troll to shut me down. From my point of view you are what I call a basic bitch.

What you call peer pressure, I call knowledge.
That video gave me a few good chuckles, until it tried comparing the Volkswagen emissions scandal to the moon landing... then it just became depressingly stupid.

But hey, coming from a guy who regularly mistakes youtube conspiracy nuts for decent education, it was a nice try though. Almost as good as the guy who tries selling us floating space debris as UFOs.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
......you know flat earthers are real?

i know Obama made fun of them a bunch of times and everyone laughed, but we are real people.

You can’t just call me a troll to shut me down. From my point of view you are what I call a basic bitch.

Next you will tell me Santa Claus is real and ResetEra is a calm, quality discussion forum for rational thinking adults.

Top Bottom