Post awesome adventure game maps

I am specifically looking for that weird 3D clay-looking one from Zelda 1, but I'd be interested in seeing anything cool. I really like those ones from old 8-bit games where the maps were more detailed and fantastic-looking than the actual games.

rawk said:
that hyrule one is great
And it's especially great when you figure out that it actually shows the overworld of both Zelda 1 and 2 connected to one map.

When I was a kid, I spent hours and hours trying to match the map to either Zelda 1 or Zelda 2, until I figured out they were both on the same God damn map :lol (I don't, live in an English-speaking country, and hadn't learned English at all back then, so the text didn't help either).

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
I would scan the awesome 2D NES-style overworld map from Okami and post it, but I don't wanna bend my precious art book. :(
I think someone had a photo of it somewhere though.

rawk said:
I am specifically looking for that weird 3D clay-looking one from Zelda 1, but I'd be interested in seeing anything cool. I really like those ones from old 8-bit games where the maps were more detailed and fantastic-looking than the actual games.
I have that one on my home computer from last time someone did this topic. I'll post it later if someone doesn't beat me to it.

GitarooMan said:
Man, World of Xeen was an incredible package, what a great game.
Indeed.

I'd love to see a remake with an oldskool, 'grid', 1st person 3D world... with well animated, high-res sprites... Of course, illiterate review magazines will knock-it for not being 'true-3D' and only 14 people will buy it!

SECRET OF MANAAA:

Secret of Mana 2 (i.e. SD3)

Man, I remember seeing this in either an old EGM preview or an old Nintendo Power preview way back then. I probably fantasized hours on end what each world was like and what secret dungeons and areas there were. A damn shame it never reached our shores :(

(besides emu)

Honorable mention is that hand drawn map for Link's Awakening (which I'll eventually find unless someone saves me the trouble :D )

Wow is right. There's over 200 hours of gameplay on that map. And that's not counting some of the storyline locations that are not pictured there.

damnit, the 3 I wanted to post were taken

looking at the morrowind map makes me remember how much better the world was than Oblivions, Balmora was the greatest place to have a house.

Does anybody have a shot of that Zelda landscape that was modeled in clay and rock and whatnot? I think it was the cover of Nintendo Power or something.