• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post your FAVORITE Pokemon -- and why you LOVE it!

Gravijah

ReiGun said:
291nrpk.jpg

200shm0.jpg

317b0it.jpg

Always had him in my team and I remember seeing him in the anime, so I'll always have a sweet spot for him.

2wnr0c7.jpg

My first starter in Pokemon Blue <3

Gravijah

SalsaShark said:
I win this thread until another user posts himself with a t-shirt of his favorite Pokemon.

I said it.

I... uh... have a giant 2-3 foot tall Pikachu doll.

Well, it was my brothers, really. I swear he has hundreds of those little figures, too. HUNDREDS.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Absol: SUCKER PUNCH, MOTHERFUCKER.

absol.png

jdogmoney said:
Funny story. I've never caught an Absol without the game crashing shortly after.
How fitting, considering it is "the Disaster Pokemon." :eek:

Froslass: Snow Cloak is clutch.

menoko01.jpg

Glaceon: Ice types rule. Eeveelutions rule. Having the strongest Blizzard in the game doesn't hurt anything, either.

glaceon.png

Mismagius: Probably my favorite Ghost. Also one of the few pure special attackers that can take on Blissey in a 1-on-1.

Mismagius1.gif

Gallade: One classy motherfucker.

gallade.jpg

Milotic: Not a huge fan of its design (it's more like a feminine Gyarados than anything, really), but ever since I caught its pre-evolution on my very first attempt (that's like a 1/1000 chance or worse), I've always used it as my dedicated water type.

350.jpg

Torterra: Speaks for itself.

torterra.png

Bidoof: lolz

bidoooooof.png

Aeana

I'm not really familiar with all of the pokemon, but Piplup is sooo adorable. I also think Psyduck is pretty awesome. Don't have any "whys" to give beyond "cute!" though.

GhaleonQ

01: Lugia - FRIGHTENING MIND MONSTER!
02: Piplup/Prinplup/Empoleon REGAL WATER BIRD!
03: Dratini/Dragonair/Dragonite MYSTICAL DRAGON!
04: Turtwig/Grotle/Torterra - WORLD TURTLE!
05: Mareep/Flaaffy/Ampharos ENDEARING SHEEP BEACON!
06: Snorunt/Froslass COOL YOKAI!

If I had to pick 1? Empoleon. Regal. Responsible. Honorable. He's the aristocrat of Pokemon.

395Empoleon.png

...Until I get a Psychic/Water type that pleases me.

Alucrid

Banned
Looking at some of the new pokemon I feel like the original Red/Blue ones are just so much better. The newer ones look...well, too new. Most of the OG pokemon remind me of normal animals somewhat, but some of these new pokemon just look like they came from space. Though Mew did come from space...ah well.

On another note I was surprised that a friend of mine never played pokemon despite growing up in the middle of the pokemon frenzy of the 90's.

bon

CROAGUNK

5yas1e.png

1. Poison/Fighting, two of my favorite types.
2. Frogs are cool.
3. Look at him. He doesn't give a shit about anything.

spats

Stock choice but I love Pikachu. Small rodents are cute.

Scyther is awesome too. The first real badass Pokémon I remember when I was watching the show as a kid.

gyarados.jpg

I remember people laughing at me back then in the R/B days when I first chose to train a Magikarp. Then I proceeded to wipe the floor with their sorry asses with this mofo.

My first hilarious battle against a friend also involved this guy. My friend was like "yay let's do a Water Pokémon battle. Little did he know. He went "OMGWTF" as his Blastoise got fucking THUNDER'd.

Well that was a pretty pointless bump.

But that's okay because it allows me to come here and proclaim that Aggron is BOSS

7ebd4ab4990873178120442da952dc63cdf.jpg

48d9824d0bcc5452889606b762c83a7ab25.jpg

And one more Charmander pic, just because:

sample_0382cd74eaf4b7609f17c9de2924.jpg

your addition of awesome pics, and the addition of those that will inevitably follow, further prove that nothing i do is pointless. let this be a lesson...

N4Us

dylxev.png

Just the fact that he irritates a lot of people makes me like him more.

voodoopanda said:

This guy's my favorite to use in battles and such. Sucker Punch + Payback + Spikes + Destiny Bond is pretty much a recipe top knock someone off their gameplan for a bit.

Has to be Charizard for me. I got Charmander as my first starter on Pokemon Red and when it eventually evolved into Charizard it was my favourite.

NathanPGibson said:
Has to be Charizard for me. I got Charmander as my first starter on Pokemon Red and when it eventually evolved into Charizard it was my favourite.

lol it just took forever to beat both Brock and Misty's gym when I first played pokemon back then with Charmander.

Top Bottom