• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post Your Gaming Setup: 2009 Edition

enewtabie

Nothing fancy. 42" Toshiba and 32" Westinghouse
PS3,360,Wii,PSP,PC and DSi.

003-2.jpg

004-3.jpg

005-2.jpg

I posted my den a few months ago, but it was brought up recently in another thread, so I figure I'll post new shots.

Some of my older consoles aren't pictured (Saturn, N64, VB), they're housed underneath the NES/SNES area.

den1.jpg

den2.jpg

den3.jpg

den4.jpg

den5.jpg

My newest addition is a shelf displaying all six Britney studio CDs, with more in the to-hang queue (my ol' recurve bow is next).

Is the decor a tad tacky? Maybe, maybe...but a man's den is a man's sanctuary, where he can pledge allegiance to BB&B.

MechDX

Toy Soldier said:
I posted my den a few months ago, but it was brought up recently in another thread, so I figure I'll post new shots.

Some of my older consoles aren't pictured (Saturn, N64, VB), they're housed underneath the NES/SNES area.

BOOB PICS!
My newest addition is a shelf displaying all six Britney studio CDs, with more in the to-hang queue (my ol' recurve bow is next).

Is the decor a tad tacky? Maybe, maybe...but a man's den is a man's sanctuary, where he can pledge allegiance to BB&B.

DUDE! WTF? Seriously do you have a girlfriend?:lol

Nakazato

Toy Soldier said:

den2.jpg

This is what expect my gf's living room to look like

Xav said:

Dude....BOOBIES :D who doesn't like them :lol

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Toy Soldier said:
More like D's & DD's.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
MechDX said:
DUDE! WTF? Seriously do you have a girlfriend?:lol

Is that a legitimate question?

Good lord, that's the most embarrassing room ever...and this is coming from a guy who has 5 or 6 action figures posed in his room.

-PXG-

Toy Soldier said:

den1.jpg

den2.jpg

den3.jpg

den4.jpg

den5.jpg

:lol I bet you have crazy ass parties at your place. :D

OMG!

I finally get the chance to post my setup!!

here it goes.. its nothing special btw.

3726644519_7d5a4128c5_b.jpg

this isn't my camera btw, so don't hate.

EDIT: that's a 42", and i'm a bit on the lazy side. i'll eventually hide them in the wall.

NekoFever

I just realised that I haven't posted on here since I upgraded my sound system. This is the setup as it stands:

286zsdd.jpg

My new receiver (Onkyo TX-SR507):

2i294ig.jpg

Panasonic TX42PZ80 TV
Onkyo TX-SR507 AV receiver
Tannoy SFX 5.1 speakers
Samsung BD-P3600 Blu-ray player
Pioneer DV-400V DVD player
US 60GB PS3
UK 360 Elite
US Wii
UK PS2 (modded)

And, as a bonus, my current games (stuff playable on the current consoles, so that includes PS1/PS2 and Xbox games) and my Blu-rays
and HD DVDs
:

2z69rb8.jpg

e9vv9f.jpg

turn

Banned
42" Samsung, PS3, HTPC, Infinity 7.1 surround
Needs a bit of cleaning/reorganizing right now, but whatever.

DSC01548.png

DSC01549.png

couch.png

KaYotiX

Banned
Here goes my set-up. Finally get to post it.
Samsung 52" LCD
Onkyo 7.1 reciever
Wii
PS3
Xbox360
and Boston Acoustic Speakers

DSC00114.jpg

DSC00115.jpg

And all my video game crap from CE's and Pre-orders all shoved in this space :D
DSC00121.jpg

Toy Soldier said:

den2.jpg

Where did you get that brown-colored VHS holder? I have one just like it, bought it in the 80s or something... I'm surprised anyone still has theirs ;-)

and BB&B = booze, boobs, and bong?

OverHeat

« generous god »
Cosmic Bus said:
Wow, this is very nice. The wood and brick, the colors, textures and lighting, how the little accessories compliment each other... Well done.

Well I can not take the credits for the decoration....its was all my girlfriend ideas.

OverHeat

« generous god »
A liitle question for you guys my ps3 is connected to my receiver with HDMI should I set my PS3 to bitstream or LPCM?

Tabris

OverHeat said:
A liitle question for you guys my ps3 is connected to my receiver with HDMI should I set my PS3 to bitstream or LPCM?

PCM is how the PS3 outputs "Dolby True HD" (and the DTS HD one, forgot the name) because it actually does the decoding itself. So the answer is PCM unless your receiver is bad.

Minotauro said:
Good lord, that's the most embarrassing room ever.

Quite the contrary, for me. I've put a lot into it, I'm totally proud of the vibe and the collection.

I can see how the abrasive mishmash might seem off-putting or unsavory, but I love the place. No embarrassment there.

MechDX said:
I want to know her opinion.

Honestly only my buddies really lob shit about it, chicks typically either don't care or applaud going all-out with it. Everyone cracks jokes, though...most recently I was asked how I'll afford enough frames for the entire Lane Bryant lingerie catalog. Valid concern.

Shadow780 said:
Where did you find all these photos...:lol

The prints of paintings are mostly Simon Bisely posters from Heavy Metal's store, and the large photos (Nadine Jansen and Milena Velba) were custom printed. I'm making room for more, lots more.

X-Blades also crept its way up there (loved the game, and the style totally fit my theme). The two big Britney posters are souvenirs from her Circus tour.

gamerecks said:
Boobs, Blades, and Britney

The very foundation of home decor, as a wise GAFfer said recently.

Alivor

Ok, well I've got a 42 inch Aquos(has some banding issues, really need to get it fixed...) and a lot of games. I've got a Samsung surround sound system too (nothing amazing).

0717091021.jpg

360 Games:
0717091022.jpg

PS2, Xbox, Gamecube, and some other 360 games:
0717091022a.jpg

DiGi-C

Banned
Heres my setup, its a bit spaced out atm till I get my new place.

PC (Q9550, GTX260, Striker ii Extreme, OCZ Reaper, Antec 1200), Xbox 360 and Macbook
l_6e07db02162c4f4d9b19d2a68c183d95.jpg

My (slightly broken) babys, Stanton C314 Decks, M304 Mixer, Alesis M1 Speakers (for sale atm too)
l_e7487484340e4a6797aec75944833832.jpg

GB Micro, Pocketstation
l_866cd29b05514c13be2bb1e08c050773.jpg

Thats all I have to hand atm, but theres tons more in storage.

I'm new btw, so hello all :)

Q1ller

Banned
pj325is said:
9k1egn.jpg

Ascend Acoustics CBM-170SE w/ deluxe stands, HK AVR254

6y13ti.jpg

HSU Research VTF2-MK3. I think I should have got the big one..

Hmmm... where do I get a set of those speaker stands?

KaYotiX said:
Here goes my set-up. Finally get to post it.
Samsung 52" LCD
Onkyo 7.1 reciever
Wii
PS3
Xbox360
and Boston Acoustic Speakers

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r226/Kayotix/DSC00114.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r226/Kayotix/DSC00115.jpg[IMG]

And all my video game crap from CE's and Pre-orders all shoved in this space :D
[IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r226/Kayotix/DSC00121.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Nice setup..all you needs is a black Wii :D

Tabris said:
PCM is how the PS3 outputs "Dolby True HD" (and the DTS HD one, forgot the name) because it actually does the decoding itself. So the answer is PCM unless your receiver is bad.
The PS3 can bitstream Master DTS but not Dolby True HD for some reason even though the PS3 is supposedly HDMI 1.3. HDMI 1.3 supports bitstreaming of both these codecs so I don't understand why Sony is allowed to call the version of HDMI on the PS3 1.3. It's really annoying and I'd like my receiver to do the decoding because I always have the issue of the PS3 adding static to Dolby True HD decoded tracks.

pj

Banned
Q1ller said:
Hmmm... where do I get a set of those speaker stands?

I believe they are 1987 vintage raymour and flannigan exclusives, from the "cheap and ugly" collection.

Here's how my setup looks now:
vsnp7r.jpg

TV is going to be replaced next week with a 46" panasonic viera g10

dwuzbb.jpg

That chair is only there for serious gaming/musicing.

MC Safety

Kaleidoscope said:
yeeeah I'm gonna need to know where to find that ps3 theme/wallpaper

I've got that image as my computer's desktop. If the original poster doesn't come through with the goods, I'll see about posting it.

Top Bottom