• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(PR) Ping Pals(TM) Gets Gamers Playing Games, Creating Custom Avatar On-Screen ...

Ping Pals(TM) Gets Gamers Playing Games, Creating Custom Avatar On-Screen Personas, Shopping, Trading and Chatting on the New Nintendo DS(TM) Videogame System
Tuesday December 7, 8:31 am ET

Ping Pals for the Nintendo DS Has Shipped to Retail Outlets Across North America

# CALABASAS HILLS, Calif., Dec. 7 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- THQ Inc. (Nasdaq: THQI - News) today announced that Ping Pals(TM) for the Nintendo DS(TM) videogame system has shipped to retailers throughout North America. Ping Pals takes advantage of all of the major features of the Nintendo DS, including wireless communication, wireless game sharing, as well as the touch screen utilizing the stylus.(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20041118/LATH093LOGO )

"THQ is proud to support the launch of the Nintendo DS with a creative product such as Ping Pals that takes full advantage of the new DS technology," said Peter Dille, senior vice president, worldwide marketing, THQ. "As the leading independent publisher of handheld games, THQ is very excited to be at the forefront of this innovative technology by offering Ping Pals to consumers this holiday season."

Ping Pals allows gamers to create and customize their very own avatar on-screen persona, known as a Ping Pal, by choosing from thousands of different options. Players will then be able to play single and multiplayer games in order to win coins. They can then use their coins to purchase additional items at the Ping Pals virtual mall, allowing them to customize their Ping Pal. Special sales will occur at the virtual mall where players must log in at a specific time in order to purchase rare items. In addition, players will be able to trade items with their friends, offering further customization of their Ping Pal.

Ping Pals will also include an elaborate chatting feature that utilizes the touch screen as an interface, allowing up to eight people to chat with each other at a time. Players will also have the ability to play Solo Chat, a game that allows them to hold conversations with various virtual characters. If they'd like to share their Ping Pals game, players can download a trial version to one of their friends' Nintendo DS systems, allowing them to participate in conversations and experience the Ping Pals multiplayer games.

Ping Pals was developed by WayForward Technologies out of Valencia, California. For more information on Ping Pals and the rest of THQ's product line-up, please visit www.thq.com.

demi

deadlifter said:

Well, that about sums it up for this thread and game.

Everyone, move along.

movemove.gif

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Abomstarrunner said:
924895_20041007_screen003.jpg

It's awesome that Ping Pals took the time to identify with my extreme demographic. You'd think they would show correct English because it's "proper" in a game. Most games are made by adults I guess. Adults are totally lame. They just don't understand my angst.

Peace out dog foo gangsta, yo!

In response to the Mr. Driller Vs. Ping Pals topic:
NinjaScud said:
this is only 20 bucks, and mr. drill is 30

mr. drill needs multicart to play multiplayer.. Ping pals doesn't

however, Mr. Drill is more of a game, this is just fun chat stuff. and chat type games.

Im getting both

Jr.

Banned
BuddyChrist83 said:
So this kid on GameFAQs is torn between Ping Pals and Mr. Driller: DS.

I fear for the future.

Why? What is so wrong for a kid to want another way to talk to their friends? I mean that s the whole point of the software, for kids to be able to interact in a fun way. Just because a 20 something yearold doesn't like it doesn't mean its not good. Geeze you people nit picj too much.

I think what would be more disturbing is someone regularly using that solo chat:

Ping Pal, have you had a good day? y/n
Yes
Ping Pal, do you like pie?
No!
Ping Pal, do you like me? y/n
Yes
Ping Pal, do my friends like me?
No!
Ping Pal are you the only one who cares about me?
Yes!
Ping Pal, should I slaughter all of humanity in a savage act of hellish brutality?
Yes!

FnordChan

BuddyChrist83 said:
I was just trying to help! I only made two posts, I swear, and they were just edits of GAF posts.

Oh, sure. First you're just trying to be "helpful" and saying that you only post to Gamefaqs socially. Then, next thing you know, you've lost your house, your car, your family, and are reduced to spending your days in slum housing posting to Gamefaqs for hours on end. And don't think we care enough about you for an intervention.

FnordChan

Jr. said:
Why? What is so wrong for a kid to want another way to talk to their friends? I mean that s the whole point of the software, for kids to be able to interact in a fun way. Just because a 20 something yearold doesn't like it doesn't mean its not good. Geeze you people nit picj too much.

Hasn't it already been established that you are a viral marketer for Ping Pals?

Soul4ger

Next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser and your daughter's knocked up! I've seen it a hundred times...

jarrod

Banned
They should've hidden Shantae 2 in the cart... then the GAF community would be forced into "Playing Games, Creating Custom Avatar On-Screen Personas, Shopping, Trading and Chatting on the New Nintendo DS(TM) Videogame System".

Top Bottom