• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pre-loading of the Counter-Strike: Source beta to cyber cafés begins today!

zooL

Counter-Strike: Source Beta Pre-Loading to Cyber Cafés
August 9, 2004, 5:05 pm · cliffe

Pre-loading of the Counter-Strike: Source beta to cyber cafés begins today. On Wednesday, this first phase of the beta will open and the game will be playable at all cyber cafes that subscribe to the Valve Cyber Café Program. Later this month, the beta will be extended to owners of Counter-Strike™: Condition Zero™ and ATI Fulfillment Coupon holders.

This beta serves as a compatibility test of the Source engine as we near the completion of development on Half-Life 2 and Counter-Strike: Source. During this limited-time beta, issues can be reported using the in-game bug-reporting tool. In addition any crashes will automatically generate a report back to Valve’s bug database. We thank everyone for their participation, and we hope Half-Life 2 and Counter-Strike: Source live up to your expectations.

Oh well, we CZ-owners still have to wait a little longer. :/ But at least we will get a shitload of new screens and impressions on Wednesday.

Edit: A list of participating Internet-Cafés can be found here.

mattx5

So far we've seen screens and vids of Dust, Dust 2 and Aztec, correct?

I really, really wanna see Assault. Militia, Office and Italy would be nice too.

Too bad it seems the only maps in the beta are going to be Dust and two unnamed maps that are going to show off the new physics engine.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
they've shown italy somewhere... i hope they fix some things in assault to open it up a little. like... a 2 paneled window on the side of the garage with crates to hop on to get in. just have 4 ways to get in from :)

Badabing

Time ta STEP IT UP
I thought they showed Italy in a video before?

And my local LAN cafe is getting the beta. Woot.

Still mad that I didn't get an HL2 coupon in my x800 PRO though.

Ferrio

Banned
Ah it's releasing with original maps, that's good.

So what's the deal with the beta, how do you get in what do you have to buy, what is it how much is in ect.

Badabing

Time ta STEP IT UP
DopeyFish said:
they've shown italy somewhere... i hope they fix some things in assault to open it up a little. like... a 2 paneled window on the side of the garage with crates to hop on to get in. just have 4 ways to get in from :)

They'll probably just adapt Assault_UPC or something to that affect. There are so many various assault maps, they'll probably just pick one.

DopeyFish

the assault mods are all completely shit.

people keep messing with the map formula by tearing it down and rebuilding...

actually pretty much every map based on an official ones blows

mattx5

Italy's been in a vid somewhere before? Must be losing my memory :p

Anybody got a link?

Ferrio, the options to participate in the beta are either the Cyber Cafe method, or if you buy Condition Zero, you're automatically enrolled in the beta.

Also, if you got one of those ATI HL2 coupons, I believe you can participate as well.

DopeyFish

mattx5 said:
Italy's been in a vid somewhere before? Must be losing my memory :p

Anybody got a link?

Ferrio, the options to participate in the beta are either the Cyber Cafe method, or if you buy Condition Zero, you're automatically enrolled in the beta.

Also, if you got one of those ATI HL2 coupons, I believe you can participate as well.

iirc, it was in a german pc gaming magazine CD, should be floating around somewhere

Andy787

Banned
Anyone know if the ATI coupons are extended to the X800XT cards? Specifically if go through Dell? I know it's almost surely not, but it would be nice.

Anyway, I can't wait to see Office, Estate, and Inferno. I hope Assault has another way to get in as well, that'd improve the map a lot.

The M4 looks so awesome in this.

Top Bottom