• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pre-orders for the physical release of Clock Tower: Rewind launch on May 31st for Switch, PlayStation, Xbox and PC via LRG

Turn back the clock for one of the pioneers of the survival-horror genre. Translated and released outside of Japan for the first time, Clock Tower: Rewind is a revival of the terror-inducing 16-bit classic that dares you to explore the haunting confines of the Barrows family manor. As teenage orphan Jennifer, you must search every disturbing corner to find items, reveal secrets, and discover ways to evade Scissorman, a murderous, unstoppable, shears-wielding psychopath.

Play original mode to experience Clock Tower as it was when initially released in 1995, or play enhanced mode with extra content and improvements. Additional features include a new animated intro, opening and ending vocal theme songs, motion-comic cutscenes, creator interview, art gallery, border artwork, save states, and a music player. The clock is ticking...can you survive?

KEY FEATURES:

• The survival-horror classic, Clock Tower, officially translated and brought out of Japan for the first time
  • Choose from original mode or enhanced mode, which features numerous gameplay additions and quality-of-life refinements
  • Run, hide, and survive as you attempt to evade the psychotic Scissorman
  • Atmospheric 2D art, detailed animations, and haunting sound effects augment the tense point-and-click gameplay
  • Multiple endings and randomized gameplay elements maximize replayability (and jump scares)
  • New animated opening, motion-comic cutscenes, and vocal theme song performed by Mary McGlynn
  • Featuring an art gallery, music player, behind-the-scenes creator interview, save states, and other modern inclusions

GORvNzHW4AAqN8a

GORvPLeWgAAHxq-

Last edited:

Sorcerer

Who do you think is responsible for the Carbon Engine?
Isn't it MVG? I would think Limited Run games is just slapping their name on the work he and his team are doing. Limited Run can barely ship a game on time, no way they make an engine. LOL!!!

This game has had an unofficial translation for years.

Last edited:
Is this not coming to Steam? What a pity.
If I recall correctly, there will also be a digital release (including on Steam), but there's no word on when that will happen yet.

Maybe we'll hear something during the upcoming Summer Fest or in another showcase event.

Last edited:

Sojiro

I like all the goodies that are coming with it, that is cool. The game itself....I didn't care for it. I played the SNES version a few years ago (beat it with one of the endings, I don't recall which) but honestly I really didn't care for it and had to force myself to finish it. The PSX sequel is a much better game imo, and I would be interested if this was that game, but I will pass on this.

clock-tower-rewind-limited-run-games-switch-collectors-edition_b9c49ab1-a8fe-4806-b0d2-fa27ad68cd09.png

Finally after so many years of waiting for official launch , I was able to buy it.

The next month will be the PS5 version

Last edited:
Top Bottom