• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Preorder discounted for Wii U version of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

CONCH0BAR

This is an Amazon thing. Recently they've been discounting many of their pre-orders to $50.99 for non-Prime members. It's not out of the ordinary.

emb

Hm. Might as well. I'm planning to get both versions anyway, and I don't mind waiting a little bit for the Wii U copy. 10 bucks saved isn't a lot, but it's something. New or not, thanks for the heads up.

ReyVGM

I'm buying the Switch version, but if Nintendo makes different collector's edition for both versions, then I'll be forced to buy both.

Madame M

Banned
Seems like just another new release amazon promotion to me.

I wonder if people who already preordered through amazon can change their order or if they already get the discount applied automatically.

Ridley327

Looking at the control layout on the Switch I wonder if it is actually likely to be the 'inferior' version.

I'm not sure I follow. The Switch controller attachments have just as many buttons and functionality as the Wii U, plus there's the whole pro controller situation.

FZZ

Banned
Switch version gonna be 60 then

Nintendo probably producing less Wii U versions as well

idk I'm pulling everything out my ass

I'm curious. What did some want the Wii U version cancelled? It's way too late for that regardless. It would just be wasted money

Anyways, I got the Wii U version pre ordered. I got the 20% for being a prime memeber, but I know that amazon has offer discounts for non Prime memeber.

jax

Banned
Discount for the inferior version, or... ?

Subjective, I personally plan on buying it on Wii U first so I can have access to the menu on the GamePad without leaving the game. I'll probably buy the Switch version later, but it's not superior since it won't have that option.

Dsyndrome

Interesting that the price is dropped even for non-Prime members. Curious of the reasoning behind it, Wii U in general?

mrmickfran

In the event that Nintendo doesn't have enough Switch stock at launch (which is inevitable) I'll hold on to a preorder of the Wii U version.

Major Marvelous

Neo Member
Subjective, I personally plan on buying it on Wii U first so I can have access to the menu on the GamePad without leaving the game. I'll probably buy the Switch version later, but it's not superior since it won't have that option.
Don't want to be a party pooper, but I believe they removed the gamepad menu options they showed at the Game Awards in 2014.

Interesting that the price is dropped even for non-Prime members. Curious of the reasoning behind it, Wii U in general?

Amazon has been doing this for a good majority of new release/upcoming games since around Black Friday. Doubt there's actually any other motive discounting the Wii U version besides it being what they've been doing.

fernoca

Yep.
Amazon has been doing this with preorders and at launch. $59.99 games at $50.99 or $47.99 with Prime. Not unique to Zelda on Wii U.

Dsyndrome

Amazon has been doing this for a good majority of new release/upcoming games since around Black Friday. Doubt there's actually any other motive discounting the Wii U version besides it being what they've been doing.

Yep.
Amazon has been doing this with preorders and at launch. $59.99 games at $50.99 or $47.99 with Prime. Not unique to Zelda on Wii U.

I believe you, but what other examples are out there? Persona 5, RE7, and NiOh come out relatively soon and they're all full price. Tried to find an upcoming Wii U game to compare, but came up short.

I believe you, but what other examples are out there? Persona 5, RE7, and NiOh come out relatively soon and they're all full price.

The most recent example I can think of were Pokemon Sun and Moon. They were both discounted to near-Prime pricing before and after release.

Madame M

Banned
This seems to reflect more on Amazon's current treatment of new Wii U and 3DS games in general, except for the newest of new releases on the system the "new" amazon promoted prices don't pop up for a lot of relatively recent games.

That's right folks, the 3DS and Wii U are more or less dead systems. Who cares?

Chinbo37

I have this preordered on Amazon Germany for 59.99 and I went to check to see if the price was reduced and saw that it was raised to 69.99.

Strange

Ninferno

Good. However, "Wii U owners wanting to play Zelda" pretty much equal "hardcore Nintendo fans", which in turn pretty much will bite the bullet and get the Switch, hence getting BotW on the Switch. So...

Top Bottom