• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Presidential Hopeful Denied PS3

Elios83

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/746/746600p1.html

Presidential Hopeful Denied PS3

The Associated Press is reporting that former Vice Presidential candidate and 2008 Presidential hopeful John Edwards attempted to use his influence to get a PlayStation 3 at Wal-Mart. On Thursday, a staff member from Edwards' office contacted a Wal-Mart in Raleigh, North Carolina. The staffer identified himself as a member of Edwards' team and attempted to secure a PS3 for the former Senator without having to stand in line.

The potent irony of the situation is that just a day prior, Edwards was part of a union conference call decrying the poor treatment of Wal-Mart employees. Wal-Mart was quick to react, issuing a statement pointing out Edwards' actions. "While the rest of America's working families are waiting patiently in line," the Wal-Mart statement said, "Sen. Edwards wants to cut to the front."

On Thursday, Edwards released a statement denying any such actions: "We instructed no one to contact Wal-Mart on our behalf." Later, however, Edwards admitted that a staff member did contact Wal-Mart. However, according to Edwards, the staffer was attempting to secure a PS3 for himself and not for the Senator.

"My wife, Elizabeth, wanted to get a PlayStation 3 for my young children. She mentioned it in front of one of my staff people. That staff person mentioned it in front of a volunteer who said he would make an effort to get one. He was making an effort to go get one for himself," Edwards said. "Elizabeth and I knew nothing about this. [The staffer] feels terrible about this. He made a mistake and he knows he should not have used my name."

With only 400,000 PlayStation 3 units available at launch and millions eager for the new system, demand is at a premium. Long lines began forming Thursday morning at various retailers. Those who failed in their bid to obtain a PS3 can take solace in the fact that even Senators and their assistants aren't having much luck either.

Wow talk about owned :lol :lol :lol

Dr_Cogent

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Ofcourse this is a different way of letting Sony know you want one and now they'll probably make sure he gets one.

I doubt Sony is going to do anything special for John Edwards.

jgkspsx

So... what PS3 launch games would little Jack and Emma be playing, anyway? :lol

You know Edwards just wanted to play Resistance.

Safe Bet

Banned
jgkspsx said:
So... what PS3 launch games would little Jack and Emma be playing, anyway? :lol
I didn't know it was pretend everyone owns 360s and mulit-plat games don't exisit day..

*spit*

jgkspsx

Safe Bet said:
I didn't know it was pretend everyone owns 360s and mulit-plat games don't exisit day..

*spit*
So which games of the following:
# Resistance: Fall of Man
# NBA 07
# Genji: Days of the Blade
# Blazing Angels Squadrons of WWII
# Call of Duty 3
# EA Sports Fight Night Round 3
# The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
# F.E.A.R.
# Full Auto 2: Battlelines
# Madden NFL 07
# MARVEL: ULTIMATE ALLIANCE
# Mobile Suit Gundam: CROSSFIRE
# NBA 2K7
# Need For Speed Carbon
# NHL 2K7
# RIDGE RACER 7
# Sonic the Hedgehog
# Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07
# Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas
# Tony Hawk’s Project 8
# Untold Legends Dark Kingdom
are an 8-year-old girl and a 6-year-old boy going to be playing (Sonic and... Ultimate Alliance?)? And what would Hillary Clinton say if she found out? I'm not Sony-bashing, I'm saying the excuse is implausible :lol

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
The local news around here in NC has clarified this. A young staffer dropped Senator Edwards' name in an effort to get a PS3 for himself, NOT for the Edwards family.

909er

DenogginizerOS said:
The local news around here in NC has clarified this. A young staffer dropped Senator Edwards' name in an effort to get a PS3 for himself, NOT for the Edwards family.

That makes way more sense. I'm sure Edwards would take flak from the media if he was actually trying to get a game system (I can see the Hillary reaming him about not caring about violent media in the hands of children in the primaries).

Hey it fits right in with this union love for anyone that's ever had to deal with or work in a union. They pretty much benefit just a few :).

I read about this YESTERDAY on Drudgereport. absolutely F'ing hilarious, and you know Edwards is a lying scumbag, trying to shift the blame... :lol

do we want him as our next President or even Vice President if he can't even manage to get a friggin PS3, and on top of that, has to lie about it ?

what happens if Edwards had to get the Russians or Chinese to back down from launching a nuclear attack on the United States?

our enemies will be laughing, '

"this is the U.S. President that couldn't even get an expensive game machine"

:lol

xaosslug

DenogginizerOS said:

sure... :::wink, wink:::

Top Bottom