• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PressStartAU: Xbox controller-shaped bbq Arnott's shapes exist and you could win a box of your own

https://press-start.com.au/news/xbo...es-exist-and-you-could-win-a-box-of-your-own/
I've never wanted something more in my life.

You know that Shape dust that’s always getting all over your Xbox Wireless Controller? Just me? Well, either way, the folks over at Xbox ANZ and Arnott’s have teamed up to turn the tables and make it so your Shapes are covered in Xbox Wireless Controller!

Yep, a very limited run of BBQ Shapes in the shape of little Xbox controllers is a real thing that’s happening and you could win yourself one of just 10 boxes by heading to the Xbox ANZ Instagram and giving them a follow, then doing the same on the Arnott’s Instagram page and tagging a friend in their post (entries close March 23rd):

xbox-shapes-770x433.jpg

Australians gamers are about to have an exclusive treat tonight. if you follow shapes or Xbox on instagram and follow the game rules you can be a lucky winner, and this time you'll win games, controller, console, a limited edition box of Xbox shaped BBQ crackers.

With such an amazing prize and incentive for gamers, it is no wonder that the Press Start AU game journalist considered this the most wanted thing in his entire life. It really shows the quality of the content Xbox keeps putting out to receive these types of accolades from gamers.

Unfortunately, the box does not contain game shaped crackers. Just the controller.

Last edited:

JaksGhost

Their marketing sucks ass and these types of partnerships aren't going to help shed the dude-bro image associated with Xbox.

Their marketing sucks ass and these types of partnerships aren't going to help shed the dude-bro image associated with Xbox.

Actually the previous campaign with Arnott's worked out well, and considering this time they aren't even giving away a gaming item for this new contest, but instead giving out controller shaped snacks, maybe too well.

What? Weird assumption. I was literally at the supermarket last week with my daughter and saw the first gen of these, normal shapes with a chance to win. Daughter grabbed a 2 for discount. We get home and my wife had separately dropped into the shops on her way home and also grabbed a 2 for discount spotting an Xbox + shapes combo. Bit of fun mate, tis all.

Daughter is a dude bro confirmed. Wife is a dude bro confirmed too. /S

Last edited:

rafaelroob

Neo Member
What? Bizarre presumption. Only last week, my daughter and I were at the grocery store, and we noticed the first generation of these; they were the typical looking ones with the possibility to win. My kid sister snatched a two for one coupon. When we got home, my wife had already picked up an Xbox and shape-making set at a bargain because she had stopped at a store on the way home. Just joking around, mate. drift boss

The daughter confirms what we already knew: she's a man. It's official: the wife is a man bro. /S

TLZ

Banned
What? Weird assumption. I was literally at the supermarket last week with my daughter and saw the first gen of these, normal shapes with a chance to win. Daughter grabbed a 2 for discount. We get home and my wife had separately dropped into the shops on her way home and also grabbed a 2 for discount spotting an Xbox + shapes combo. Bit of fun mate, tis all.

What? Bizarre presumption. Only last week, my daughter and I were at the grocery store, and we noticed the first generation of these; they were the typical looking ones with the possibility to win. My kid sister snatched a two for one coupon. When we got home, my wife had already picked up an Xbox and shape-making set at a bargain because she had stopped at a store on the way home. Just joking around, mate. drift boss

The daughter confirms what we already knew: she's a man. It's official: the wife is a man bro. /S
Confused Thinking GIF by MOODMAN

JaksGhost

You know this anecdote means nothing if you’re attempting to counter what I said.

You know this anecdote means nothing if you’re attempting to counter what I said.

Just a different perspective mate. While you see dude bro, my ladies see family fun for a pretty Aussie product we already buy anyhow. Honestly it's nice to see some Xbox marketing tie-ins that aren't just USA only.

What would turn the tide for you to consider Xbox not dude bro all the time?
  • 343 helmed by Bonnie Ross for over a decade (to Halo's detriment even)?
  • Perfect Dark having a leading lady for an upcoming big budget FPS and huge studio investment?
  • Tomb Raider not having tits and ass in recent releases?
  • The diversity of their workplaces?
  • The marketing diversity (to the point of annoyance)?
  • Hellblade having one of the best female performances and characters while Xbox invest in progressing the studio from AA to AAA with Hellblade 2?
  • As Dusk Falls having a black female protagonist?
  • Forza Horizon 5 having festival organiser Keira, professional driver Rebecca, YouTuber LaRacer, and business owner Isha featuring prominently?
  • Fallout 4's extensive character customisation and voice acting for male and female protagonists? (granted not really Xbox on that one historically)
  • Minecraft Alex & Steve and how many girls/ladies are into playing it? Minecraft Legends coming in too.
  • Rare Replay being a joy for any gender or age?
  • Grounded being enjoyed by any gender?
  • Gamepass titles such as Slime Rancher, Overcooked series, Just Dance series, Unpacking, It Takes Two
  • Gears 5 women's history tournament (last year I think)
When you look at Xbox in the current day I'd say you're stuck in the past "dude bro FPS Xbox", not Xbox.

How about not directly game related? Xbox have/had a mentoring program for leading women in gaming. Further Microsoft rewards points can be donated directly to organisations supporting women in gaming.

How about the leadership team at Xbox? Note this is about 1 year old -

FJZXGczVIAQxpNX

Last edited:

consoul

I think if we attended an XBox Marketing meeting, we'd find it's been infiltrated by reformed orthodox rabbi Bill Clinton kid.

What would turn the tide for you to consider Xbox not dude bro all the time?
  • 343 helmed by Bonnie Ross for over a decade (to Halo's detriment even)?
  • Perfect Dark having a leading lady for an upcoming big budget FPS and huge studio investment?
  • Tomb Raider not having tits and ass in recent releases?
  • The diversity of their workplaces?
  • The marketing diversity (to the point of annoyance)?
  • Hellblade having one of the best female performances and characters while Xbox invest in progressing the studio from AA to AAA with Hellblade 2?
  • As Dusk Falls having a black female protagonist?
  • Forza Horizon 5 having festival organiser Keira, professional driver Rebecca, YouTuber LaRacer, and business owner Isha featuring prominently?
  • Fallout 4's extensive character customisation and voice acting for male and female protagonists? (granted not really Xbox on that one historically)
  • Minecraft Alex & Steve and how many girls/ladies are into playing it? Minecraft Legends coming in too.
  • Rare Replay being a joy for any gender or age?
  • Grounded being enjoyed by any gender?
  • Gamepass titles such as Slime Rancher, Overcooked series, Just Dance series, Unpacking, It Takes Two
  • Gears 5 women's history tournament (last year I think)
When you look at Xbox in the current day I'd say you're stuck in the past "dude bro FPS Xbox", not Xbox.

How about not directly game related? Xbox have/had a mentoring program for leading women in gaming. Further Microsoft rewards points can be donated directly to organisations supporting women in gaming.

Don't forget for the celebration of women they have Affirmation trading cards for you and your spouce#2 and daughter (make sure gender is correct) can play with when you print them out.

With important quotes from such amazing women role-models such as, dog from Okami.

Update, box revealed

FsIKd4CaIAEmbnA

FsIKd3_acAANDvv

FsIKd38aQAA23_T

FsIKd3_agAM25A7

Yep, luxury packaging for bbq Australian shapes crackers, but in the shape of an Xbox controller. They also a giveaway of Xbox Series S every hour looking at the packaging, was also happening.

Due to popular demand oddly enough, Australians must really like these shape crackers.

Top Bottom