• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Previously digital only PS3 games released on disc

Persona7

Banned
I was looking at my collection and I am trying to find PS3 games that were previously digital only but eventually released on disc. I didn't look through my complete collection but this is what I have so far.

- Best Of PSN Vol. 1 ( a collection of PSN games, on disc)
- Killzone Trilogy (Killzone HD on disc)
- Journey Collectors edition
- Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare (not sure if this came out after the digital release or at the same time)
- Wipeout HD Fury (PAL release)
- High Velocity Bowling

I am not 100% sure but I think the Infamous collection has Festival Of Blood as a download code. Does anyone know of any other examples of this?

Grieves

Wipeout HD got a physical release with the Fury expansion.

Didn't Warhawk get a physical release as well?

krae_man

Didn't Duck Tales Remastered get two physical releases? One with a code and a pin, and one with a disk?

Wipeout HD got a physical release with the Fury expansion.

Didn't Warhawk get a physical release as well?

Warhawk had a physical release from the start.

mieumieu

I want something in reverse. Like Yakuza 3. I want it on PSN cos it is very difficult for me to purchase discs of old games.

joms5

There were some games released in Japan only that function perfectly for English speakers.

Okami HD for example.

NewDust

Pain also got a physical release.

As did Move Mind Benders, a physical collection of 3 Move compatible games (Lemmings, Echochrome, and Tumble)

High Velocity Bowling also released retail after being made Move Compatible. HVB also released on a compilation disc called After Hour Athletes, together with Top Darts and Hustle Kings. IIRC both Hustle Kings and Top Darts were initially also only digital.

And you could probably also include things like Telltale games that only released after the latest episode released digital. At least Back to the future released way later. Watchmen: the end is nigh (not Telltale) is another one.

There is also the 3-in-1 Pixel Junk collection which was released in Asia that is difficult to find now.

Really? Want!

(Lost in the) Rain also received an Asian physical release.

Not to be confused with the above poster's mention of Pain which received a release in the UK.

Then there are also games like Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires and Dynasty Warriors: Gundam Reborn which only received English physical releases in Europe. Same with The Monkey Island Collection, Battle Fantasia, Way of the Samurai 4, Iron Sky: Invasion and Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2.

There is also the 3-in-1 Pixel Junk collection which was released in Asia that is difficult to find now.

There is also a game released in Asia which is English-friendly called The Last Guy.

Agent X

Gold Member
High Velocity Bowling started off as a downloadable game, but a physical disc was produced a few years later when PlayStation Move was released.

Persona7

Banned
There were some games released in Japan only that function perfectly for English speakers.

Okami HD for example.

I believe this was a launch day release in Japan.

High Velocity Bowling started off as a downloadable game, but a physical disc was produced a few years later when PlayStation Move was released.

Wow, I didn't even know this got a patch for motion control functionality.

Ashtar

I was looking at my collection and I am trying to find PS3 games that were previously digital only but eventually released on disc. I didn't look through my complete collection but this is what I have so far.

I am not 100% sure but I think the Infamous collection has Festival Of Blood as a download code. Does anyone know of any other examples of this?
Do those downloadable collections count? Like fat princess and some others or journey and flow?
Also festival of blood I believe was sold as a disc seperately (might be pulling that out my butt though )

Persona7

Banned
Do those downloadable collections count? Like fat princess and some others or journey and flow?
Also festival of blood I believe was sold as a disc seperately (might be pulling that out my butt though )

The only criteria I am looking for is a game released digitally first and then eventually physically.

Top Bottom