• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Previously Recorded" review The Order 1886

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMI

Banned
Really enjoyed the criticisms in this video, especially where they clearly demonstrate a few things that are horrible about the game, like that terrible torture QTE, copy-pasted boss fights, and horribly lazy writing and world-building.

If I reduced the video to the actual insightful and articulate portions I'd have the runtime shortened to 5 minutes.

I wonder how long The Order 1886 would be if it were put through the same process.

SURGEdude

Nobody (or nearly nobody) would even take issue with this review if it weren't for an exclusive game.

Yup. So predictable. Ryse had a similar die hard contingent especially when it was an XB exclusive. Defending crappy exclusives is an easy way to fight the war without being overt about your need to defend a particular platform.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
I thought the Order was just alright, but the Pre-Rec guys really hit the nail on the head and did a fantastic, in depth review. Better than most gaming journalism. The complaints in this thread blow my mind.

Yeah but where are the pitch forks when Call of Duty rears its ugly head? Where are the microscopes when other games commit equally egregious gaming sins?

It's like the press decided to "get real" at this precise game release.

The fuck you at the end was a bit much but the rest is pretty much how I imagine any "professional gaming enthusiast media reviewer" to feel about the game if they didn't have to worry about PR relationships.

Exactly. Remember when this happened during the EGM days?

215539536_ljkdm-l-2.jpg

And we all rejoiced cause it felt like maybe, just maybe we'd get some semblance of transparency during a time when literally every single feature or review read like it was handled by the publisher's PR division?

Also, people shit on David Cage games day and night. Hell that's Amir0x's bread and butter. I actually enjoy DC's games for some of the emotions (like sheer panic) they elicit but I can acknowledge when the writing is garbage or how there's no semblance of agency whatsoever in a title like Beyond. I have no idea why people are fighting tooth and nail to (as ghst put it) retcon the narrative surrounding the Order so that people come to realize it's some misunderstood sleeper hit or something.

Jito

Banned
Yeah but where are the pitch forks when Call of Duty rears its ugly head? Where are the microscopes when other games commit equally egregious gaming sins?

The last CoD campaign was actually pretty good (well far ahead of the quality of The Order), you seem to know nothing about the things you hate, this video and other games now.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity

I have to believe this is sarcasm at this point.

inky

The last CoD campaign was actually pretty good (well far ahead of the quality of The Order), you seem to know nothing about the things you hate, this video and other games now.

It's doubly ironic because the Pre Rec guys actually have a video dumping on Call of Duty and its "Press X to pay respects" moment, among other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom