• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prey is BACK! (Arkane Austin, 2017, PS4/XB1/PC)

So...they ditched the Native Americans? That was a huge part of Prey.
Engine looks nice at least. Hard to tell much about the gameplay.

FLD

This looked interesting but I'm really surprised they kept the Prey name. It's not like the IP has enough value for the name alone to add anything. I mean, calling it Prey seems like asking to dig up the controversy from a few years back. It looked like a new IP in all but name, might as well just go all the way with it.

It looks cool.

Only problem I have with it is that they went from a Native American character to your good old generic white guy.

Tommy wasn't exactly character of the year, but come on.
Guess he's supposed to be somewhat "part" Asian, maybe? Don't look like it(looks as Asian as Emma Stone).

And yeah, the idea behind the original and the main character being Native American was more interesting.

Very unaware of the Prey brand and I did not like the trailer at all.

Looked way too sci-fiy and dull. Oh well, can't all be winners!

balohna

Cool to have what looks like an Asian-American (or mixed race?) protagonist, but it's actually kind of shitty when you do it by removing the Native American stuff from Prey.

But I mean, looks fun.

For those who didn't catch the design document leak years back, this is not a remake of Prey, it's basically a System Shock 3. The general story beats of this trailer were mapped out in the 2014 leak as one possible start of the game.

As long as we get portals, cronenberg flesh doorways, and walking on walls, I'm satisfied

I wonder if the groundhog day concept will be in the main game, as a new take on the original Prey's death-rebirth mechanic

Mr. Tibbs

Former HH dev:

lpSdLxI.png

Deadbeat

Banned
I really wished someone would give Human Head the budget to make this with a new IP. Fuck. The world needs a bounty hunter sci-fi game. We don't need some poor mans retread of System Shock. Especially when SS3 is happening with the old leads.
Lets be real here: System Shock 3 is going to be a disappointment. Old leads that are burned out and have fallen from their grace.

Rembrandt

Banned
The cancelled earlier version was GOAT.

But who cares if it has nothing to do with the original. Nobody remembers anything about that game besides the abduction at the beginning

Onemic

This has nothing to do with Prey.

It looks interesting, but seems like its trying to be like System Shock/Dead Space

dr_rus

For those who didn't catch the design document leak years back, this is not a remake of Prey, it's basically a System Shock 3. The general story beats of this trailer were mapped out in the 2014 leak as one possible start of the game.
So after years and years of no System Shock we suddenly have two of them. Okay.

Top Bottom