• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Price Cut Official - Arcade $279, 20GB $299, 60GB $349, $120GB $449

duk

Banned
Althane said:
So, in all honesty, what's the better buy here?

Friend of mine is thinking 60 or 20. I told him to go for the 60GB, just because he can afford it, and it's the new hardware, ja?

Good advice, or should I never suggest consoles to anyone ever again?

$50 more for newer hardware, 40 gb more space, is the winner here imo

-Rogue5-

I don't think this will help much on new console sales... If anything it's just a waste of time/money -- they should be focusing on unit with built-in wifi and 99.999%-RRoD-free packed with a play&charge kit... and than THAT should be $299.00. At least that would be worthwhile -- because of the Arcade (non-mandatory HDD), the extra harddrive space will rarely get used.

That or drop the 20gig price to $249 and the Arcade to $199 -- they'd sell WAY more that way.

goldenpp72

I like how everyone in this thread just discovered dropping your price to insanely low non profit margins will indeed increase sales.

Those retards at saturn should be sellings cars for 500 bucks, not 30k, fuck!

Concept17

Is this prompting anyone here to pick it up that doesn't already have one? I've been waiting for more reliable hardware and a sub 300$ price before buying back in.

ZeoVGM

Banned
mj1108 said:
It's not hard to keep track for US.

The general "Joe Schmoe" public is another story....

Okay, I'm getting really annoyed with the attitude of "hardcore" gamers. Stop looking down on "Joe Schmoe" as if you're so vastly more intelligent than he is.

Hate to break it to you, but people aren't THAT dumb. I said it on the second page of this cluster fuck thread, but if Microsoft weren't happy with multiple SKUs, they wouldn't still be doing them after 3 years.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
omg rite said:
Okay, I'm getting really annoyed with the attitude of "hardcore" gamers. Stop looking down on "Joe Schmoe" as if you're so vastly more intelligent than he is.

Hate to break it to you, but people aren't THAT dumb. I said it on the second page of this cluster fuck thread, but if Microsoft weren't happy with multiple SKUs, they wouldn't still be doing them after 3 years.

You'd be surprised <_<.

Speevy

Banned
Concept17 said:
Is this prompting anyone here to pick it up that doesn't already have one? I've been waiting for more reliable hardware and a sub 300$ price before buying back in.

Yeah, me. I don't know if it's that much more reliable, but it can't be less reliable than the batch I owned in 2005-2007.

Banned
cartoon_soldier said:
MS is dumb. It should be:

Arcane: 239.99
20gb: 289.99

They need to position Arcade's price point alongside Wii this holiday season. Throw in some children/party game too.

rest same.

How many multi-billion dollars corporations to you run?

HolyStar

Banned
I was thinking about getting the 60GB hard drive by itself. Then I cleaned up my hard drive of anything I didn't need. Maps from games I don't play anymore, demos from XBLA games I didn't buy, videos I would never watch a second time. After this, I went from 5.8 GB free to 10.0 GB free. I would probably need to upgrade if I wanted to buy an Xbox Original though, even if they are cheaper in stores.

Meier

Probably mentioned before, but the Elite is $400 right now on Amazon. Pretty good deal... I probably would have bought an Elite (and sold my Pro) over getting the PS3 had they dropped the price (even temporarily) sooner.

FrankT

The Faceless Master said:
i noticed that you didn't mention if they had receipts or not...

nitpick time, more like 49GB

the opus is so they can use those old cases without the hdmi port.

Missed this before, but are you saying that after Jasper, Opus motherboards will have no HDMI? That sounds a bit fishy.

Jtyettis said:
Missed this before, but are you saying that after Jasper, Opus motherboards will have no HDMI? That sounds a bit fishy.

Opus boards have no HDMI port as they are only intended for customer service returns and replacements. MS's policy is if you send back a non-HDMI 360, then you get a non-hdmi unit back, so Opus is there to fufill that role. But its not intended for the retail market (since all 360s on the shelves will have HDMI now)

Jasper, and Valhalla, will both sport hdmi ports.

Top Bottom