• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prime Video app is hot garbage

Valedix

Started watching the boys and being forced to watch on my desktop as mobile app has constant skipping due to terrible hardware acceleration. Netflix, Disney+ and Youtube run fine yet prime doesn't. Also tried downloading and it still happens. S20+ for those curious. Also yes turning off hardware acceleration fixes it but the quality goes down to 240p.

Last edited:

PSYGN

Amazon isn't exactly known for having competent UI/UX so it's no surprise if things aren't as well thought out or performant.

Last edited:

Woffls

Not really had a problem with the playback, just the trash user experience when trying to do literally anything.

Tams

I've only used the Windows app, which was laggy for me for a long time, but it's fine now.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I kinda like it but it is pretty ugly. The feature where it shows you what actors are on screen when you pause it is kinda neat.

Kev Kev

All the streaming services have there ups and downs. Some of them work better on different platforms (PC/Mac, smart TV, phone, tablet, gaming console, etc). But they all work fine for me, including Prime.

Started watching the boys and being forced to watch on my desktop as mobile app has constant skipping due to terrible hardware acceleration. Netflix, Disney+ and Youtube run fine yet prime doesn't. Also tried downloading and it still happens. S20+ for those curious. Also yes turning off hardware acceleration fixes it but the quality goes down to 240p.
Yep. It’s fucking terrible, worse than HBO Max, and that’s saying a lot.

AJUMP23

This has never happened for me for Prime. I have used my Roku, lg native, fire stick. Always had good picture.

Mossybrew

Prime has been great for me, then again I never use video apps on my phone, so through my PS5 and before that PS4 I've had no complaints.

Mossybrew

God it makes me sad that people watch shows on mobile devices, laptops and desktops that aren't connected to TV's. It's heresy!

Yeah I watched some stuff on my tablet when I was in the hospital for a week. Outside of such extreme cases, I have no idea why anyone would want to watch a show or movie like this.

Labolas

Eh, I never had any issues with it. Then again I only use it thru my Amazon Fire stick.

Last edited:
Top Bottom