• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Private Divison (Take-Two) partners with Gamefreak (Pokemon) for new action-adventure IP

Kurotri

gf_header.jpg

A little more at this link: https://www.gameinformer.com/2023/0...w-action-adventure-ip-codenamed-project-bloom

Slated for fiscal(!) year 2026.

LRKD

gamefreak is wild, they really want to do anything except make Pokémon, so when they forced to make pokemon they just shit them out. And when they do let other devs make pokemon, they tell them they aren't allowed to make good pokemon games too

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Looks at the technical state of Private Division's The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition.
Looks at the technical state of GameFreak's Pokemon Scarlet and Violet.

i5EEFb1.jpg

I wish them the best of luck.
Virtuos did the "remaster" of The Outer Worlds and remember they managed to get Nier Automata to run on Switch......something was clearly wrong with the outer worlds port and they fixed the performance issues quickly.....the visual issues......
The base game by Obsidian was fine.
Private Division also saw something special in 2021s game of the year and decided to publish it (Hades).

Every Indie game publisher I give the benefit of the doubt before judging what they decide to publish, specifically because finding a publisher is so hard for Indie devs, when these companies like EAO and Private Division show up, im all in, ill support your indie projects as long as you keep giving Indie games a chance.

Last edited:
gamefreaks other projects have been kind of meh , and lets be honest, pokemon is meh.

so we'll see how this turns out
I'd be getting banned for saying this on the purple shill site, but... Gamefreak isn't a good developer. It's just that TPC really nailed a seemingly timeless marketing formula for Pokemon and that's all they have to show. Which is all they need really, people were eating up that Cyberpunk-tier bugfest last year, but it doesn't make the games better. Remember that Town game? Of course not.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Gamefreak will need alot of work, vodoo, satanism, mamba jamba and black magic to have a chance get back in 2023 times.
Really, it feels like they are stuck in the stone age.

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
Looking forward to seeing the next piece of horror GameFreak releases.
ezgif.com-gif-maker-4.gif

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Why would anyone want to partner with Gamefreak?
What do they bring to the table other than technical incompetence?
GameFreak must have come with a cool enough concept for Private Division to actual publish it.....in 2026.

Top Bottom