• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Problems with new LCD

Joates

Banned
I recently bought the LTV-27w7 Westinghouse from BB and love the TV except for one major problem. I have the set mainly for use with my XB360 which looks beautiful on it but there seems to be major overscan with the VGA inputs.

When I try to run it in a widescreen resolution and use the auto adjust feature it does not scale properly and a lot of the horizontal image is cut off. It seemed to be fine before but now it is doing this. It doesnt make much sense to me. Can anyone provide a solution to this problem or is my TVs scaler messed up? Any help appreciated.

Juice

Have you tried it with a PC?

Most 360 games look absolutely ridiculous on my Bravia over VGA, but everything from my MacBook looks perfect on it.

Norse

try playing a movie on it and then do the auto adjust while playing the movie......I noticed issues with vga when trying to use auto adjust while in the dashboard. Thre is also manual adusting you can do. Or, just go back to component.

JoatesDogg187 said:
Westinghouse

ARD_CoughMan.gif

Rhindle

Why don't you just run it over component? Lots of HDTVs have VGA inputs but do a bad job of scaling VGA signals properly.

By the way, if I were you I would return that set and save up for a better quality set. Westinghouse LCDs are horrible.

Joates

Banned
hmmm maybe i will it was just very cheap for the size (27" $700) so i figured id get it while it was on sale. Component seems to be worse imo. the best picture I get is running at 1360x768 through VGA from the 360 probably because of the minimal scaling.

Top Bottom