• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PROJECT BEAST (PS4, From Software/SCE Japan Studio) - First WebMs [Port beg = ban.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

velociraptor

Insiders said Big 3rd party exclusive at MS

What was the exclusive?
Platinum Games revealed Scalebound.

On that same note, so many (third party) games that I'll be able to enjoy :)

I do find it funny how Ubisoft have gone from supporting the PlayStation brand with Watch Dogs and Assassin's Creed (for many years too) to jumping to camp Xbox. They even revealed The Division on the PS4.

3 CG trailers without release dates made it a good show? Seriously... Standards are very low for these conferences.

Yup, seems this is going to be any easy win for Sony with standards so low.

I do find it funny how Ubisoft have gone from supporting the PlayStation brand with Watch Dogs and Assassin's Creed (for many years too) to jumping to camp Xbox. They even revealed The Division on the PS4.

And EA is with Sony now. I'm guessing Ubisoft may have jumped in before seeing Watch Dog's performance on PS4.

crazyprac

alg_salt_shaker.jpg

Don't understand why you're so bent on being negative towards Sony's conference.

its that salt

StuBurns

Banned
Scalebound is not a third party exclusive, it's 'second party', it would be first party according to MS.

Insiders were full of shit, shockingly.

Yup, seems this is going to be any easy win for Sony with standards so low.

Possibly. I'm not even saying that in a "vs" type sense. I'm just saying that CG trailers, without gameplay, and without release dates ought to count for very little. Somehow that's enough for some people.

Not really Far cry will be at Sony.

EA is with Sony.

Shits going crazy

Sharpeye

I suppose this is why Sony is keeping their games close to their chest. What's the point of showing off a new game if it's all CG and 2 years or so off?

meta4

This is Thuway on what he thought the third party exclusive is on May 29th

@thuway One last thing remember Splinter Cell Conviction? Liken the game to that level of importance.

LMAO. I sometimes question if thuway really knows his stuff or not.

Ishan

are we expecting much overlap / any overlap of games between the two conferences?

im assuming now sony's multiplat showcases have become

mgsV
far cry4
destiny

what else we expecting? (or do we expect repeats like uc on both etc?)

Kayant

@thuway One last thing remember Splinter Cell Conviction? Liken the game to that level of importance.

Doesn't at least no anymore iirc he did know some stuff before maybe (COD 720p?) but recently it's basically been him being a fanboy as well as Tidux who suddenly became a Sony insider even though as far as we know he's a dev working on a game using the snowdrop engine.

Skilletor

Phantom Dust, Crackdown and Scalebound made it a great show.

If Sony only has Project Beast to show...

Gameplay > CG Trailers with nebulous dates

I'll be excited for Phantom Dust when we find out they're not going to try and destroy my wallet with microtransactions. When I see what the gameplay will be like.

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!

What? Maybe he just thought people have more hyp for platnium.

GeoramA

As I predicted, MS didn't score anything as big as Project Beast.

If they have a conference aimed at fans, not share-holders, Sony will come away the E3 winner once again.

N.Domixis

Banned
are we expecting much overlap / any overlap of games between the two conferences?

im assuming now sony's multiplat showcases have become

mgsV
far cry4
destiny

what else we expecting? (or do we expect repeats like uc on both etc?)

bethesda games
Mortal Kombat
batman

Toxi

Banned
So, what do you expect from the trailer? We already got some unique weapon action with the giant folding razor and the shotgun; I'm wondering if we'll see more new ones. I hope transforming weapons are a larger theme.

Hoping it has some great music too.

Whatever happens, this is way better than the Dark Souls 2 CGI announcement.

Facism

So, what do you expect from the trailer? We already got some unique weapon action with the giant folding razor and the shotgun; I'm wondering if we'll see more new ones. I hope transforming weapons are a larger theme.

Main guy dying and dying and dying again.

A monster with 4+ arms and a vagmouth (crossing my fingers)

velociraptor

Scalebound is not a third party exclusive, it's 'second party', it would be first party according to MS.

Insiders were full of shit, shockingly.

What? Platinum Games is a third party developer brah. They're an independent studio. In the past 2 years, they've released for WiiU, PS3, Xbox 360, PC.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Salty? I'm mostly a PS fan.

I'm pissed that the signs are pointing to Sony riding out current momentum.

The plans for games that would be ready to show at this years E3 were surely in motion before the PS4's launch and before Sony had an accurate picture of how much momentum they'd have this June. Do you want them to trot out CG announcements for games 2 or 3 years out? That's a bullshit way to pad out a conference.

Pricken

I don't understand why people think certain publishers are in bed with different console manufacturers. UBI showed Unity at MS, they will show Far Cry 4 at Sony. EA gave Titanfall to MS and BF to Sony. Activision has COD for MS and Destiny for Sony.
It's in the publishers best interest to spread their games out between the platforms and let them help with the marketing for different titles.

I have to say though that I got a bit scared when I read about the Gamespot third party exclusive rumor thing. Specially when people suggested Dragon's Dogma 2 or similar, since I really want to play the sequel if they ever get to that.

My first PS console was the PS3, which I bought a couple of years ago, so I don't have that much console experience. One thing I know though is that out of the few I have played, Demon's and Dark souls are my absolute favorite games, and nothing could make my night more than seeing a spiritual sequel of sorts tonight. I'll stay up to 03:00 AM since I'm from Sweden, but I know it'll be so fucking worth it.

Toxi

Banned
Main guy dying and dying and dying again.

A monster with 4+ arms and a vagmouth (crossing my fingers)
Four armed vagmouth should have a grab that shoves the player in the mouth.

It can join Sticky White Stuff, the Penetrator, the Gaping Dragon, Ceaseless Discharge, etc. in the grand tradition of Souls innuendo.

Here's what I expect from the Sony show: (Just the Top 3)

1. Project Beast OFFICIAL reveal
2. GTA 5 Next-Gen reveal (with timed exclusive DLC stuff)
3. Uncharted 4 stuff

Outside shot:

4. The Last Guardian
5. PSnow + LOCAL PS1/PS2 emulation on the PS4
6. Something completely different

velociraptor

I know, you don't know what a third party exclusive is, brah.
Semantics, brah.

Second part, third party; whatever. Platinium games = independent studio. They've released multiplatform games.

Scalebound was the Xbone 'third party' exclusive. That ntknl guy told us they'd be announcing a game at E3. Gamespot said 'third party', and it was most likely them.

Loudninja

The plans for games that would be ready to show at this years E3 were surely in motion before the PS4's launch and before Sony had an accurate picture of how much momentum they'd have this June. Do you want them to trot out CG announcements for games 2 or 3 years out? That's a bullshit way to pad out a conference.
I have to say I don't think it a good idea to announced games very far off because anything can happen.

Sony is very guilty of this.

besada

Banned
Hi, you guys are welcome to discuss Project Beast, but if you keep doing list wars/who won E3/etc. I'm just going to close the thread and ban a bunch of you.

We have a bet going about which of the new mods gets the most bans, so, you know, do what you think is right.

Hi, you guys are welcome to discuss Project Beast, but if you keep doing list wars/who won E3/etc. I'm just going to close the thread and ban a bunch of you.

We have a bet going about which of the new mods gets the most bans, so, you know, do what you think is right.
OK then, to bring this back on topic I'm very interested to see how this turns out, since I've only played Dark Souls and the punishing nature of the game did become a little too much for me after a while.

velociraptor

Do you think From will keep coop/pvp in this game? I felt 'online' was a defining feature of the Souls games. It's why I spent 100 hours playing Dark Souls I. If it was a pure single player experience, I think I would have completed it once and would never have returned to the game again.

Really hope they keep both co-op and PVP in this game.

Mr.Mike

I don't really see them changing the formula too much. Certainly I don't see them removing on-line features or character customization.

Although if they were to change anything I wouldn't mind seeing the RPG stuff go. I spend way too much time worrying about 'builds', and not playing the game. I'd be fine with the Souls seriers becoming an action game, I guess.

aravuus

Do you think From will keep coop/pvp in this game? I felt 'online' was a defining feature of the Souls games. It's why I spent 100 hours playing Dark Souls I. If it was a pure single player experience, I think I would have completed it once and would never have returned to the game again.

Really hope they keep both co-op and PVP in this game.

The online component is a MASSIVE part of the Souls experience, they'd be utter idiots if they removed it

OK then, to bring this back on topic I'm very interested to see how this turns out, since I've only played Dark Souls and the punishing nature of the game did become a little too much for me after a while.

I just hope that it remains true to the Dark Souls formula. I want progression and gear. I have this terrible fear that it will be a character action game. Don't know if that's wholly irrational or not.

Gorillaz

Coop and PvP is basically one of the pillars of the lore storywise in each soul game. They aren't going to drop that anytime soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom