• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PROJECT BEAST (PS4, From Software/SCE Japan Studio) - First WebMs [Port beg = ban.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asd202

Dude, it has been a source of major interest, excitement and passion for years now.

OF COURSE it would turn a profit. I cannot even imagine a world where it would be a flop.

Plus, its not only the biggest FF title. ITs the biggest one in the West. That would help continue to spur sales in markets Sony is in major competition for, right now.

You have to be crazy to give money to SE to make a game. I doubt we have such crazy executives in video game industry.

Jeramii

Banned
i am generally good at not getting too hyped up about a game that isn't released... or officially announced. but oh. my. god. i'm so excited.

Salex_

No one is holding out any hope for Uncharted 4 this Holiday?

They could desperately use it this year people, now that The Order was pushed to 2015.

I sincerely hope that Sony isn't just going into this Holiday with just a delayed launch game and a PS3 port "Remaster".

Hmm...they have Driveclub and Guilty Gear Xrd for fall retail titles as of right now (Lily Bergamo will be confirmed for the US soon).

Uncharted is possible based on being 3 years since Uncharted 3, ND clearing up the PS blog misconception of the game being a 2015 title, and Sony saying the development is still on schedule after the handful of people leaving.

Less than 10 days before E3, can people wait before complaining?

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I give these graphics a 14/10!

iwE6MCgd00z80.gif

BriGuy

Are you questioning the selling power of a FF7 remake......duuude.

I am. I loved the game back then, but I have serious doubts to its relevancy in today's market. JRPGs in general have become incredibly niche, and FF7 has a lot of baggage thanks to crap like Dirge of Cerberus and that godawful movie.

I am. I loved the game back then, but I have serious doubts to its relevancy in today's market. JRPGs in general have become incredibly niche, and FF7 has a lot of baggage thanks to crap like Dirge of Cerberus and that godawful movie.

JRPG's have become niche yet FF13 has sold 6 million+. KH3 was the largest reveal of any game at E3 and its a jrpg.

FF7 is still by far the most popular FF and probably famous one too.

I believe there is a distinction between money hatting and funding.

I don't think Microsoft funded Titanfall - they money hatted EA. But they're funding Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break. Same way Sony is funding Project Beast.

Right. There is a distinction. One is preventing a game being developed from going multiplatform after it was originally intended to. The other is making a game possible from the outset. On top of that, Japan Studio co-develops these games with FROM. Sony is positively invested in this games existence. They didn't go "shopping" for it. They had a hand in making it exist.

Same goes for Microsoft for Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break. Those games are not moneyhatted. They are essentially 2nd party games.

Hmm...they have Driveclub and Guilty Gear Xrd for fall retail titles as of right now (Lily Bergamo will be confirmed for the US soon).

Uncharted is possible based on being 3 years since Uncharted 3, ND clearing up the PS blog misconception of the game being a 2015 title, and Sony saying the development is still on schedule after the handful of people leaving.

Less than 10 days before E3, can people wait before complaining?

Well, it would be really beneficial for the lineup to have 1 or possibly 2 more
WWS games for this fall. The lineup really needs it.

Hey man! I am just keeping my fingers crossed that Sony sees the problem and rectifies it. Whether its Uncharted or some other title, they just need to augment the lineup a little.

Loudninja

I believe there is a distinction between money hatting and funding.

I don't think Microsoft funded Titanfall - they money hatted EA. But they're funding Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break. Same way Sony is funding Project Beast.
Same with Rapture.
Current PS4 build of Rapture looks incredible, the art team have done such an amazing job.
https://twitter.com/unusualcadence/status/472446529681514496

Hope they show something new soon as well.

Gritesh

I wish Sony would do something like this at e3:

Walk out on the stage show a teaser for this game. Screen fades to black, text appears... "AVAILABLE NOW!" Ps store gets updated to include this game. Boom magaton

StuBurns

Banned
The other is making a game possible from the outset.
People keep saying this, but it's not true, at least always.

Do you really believe no publisher other than a first party would have touched Gears of War?

First party and third party exclusives are just the same, the first party is giving something in exchange for a product that will only work on their platform.

You have to be crazy to give money to SE to make a game. I doubt we have such crazy executives in video game industry.

They don't even have to have SE make it for them.

Give SE money to let them develop the title themselves. Sony could form its own team made up of veterans from the original team and outside staff. A much better proposition.

Sony is moneyhatting a game they're apparently co-developing, like with Demon's Souls. No wonder they're losing money.

People should just ignore these posts instead of quoting them a million times. Let's keep the focus on the game itself.
It's actually really cool how due to various circumstances we now have 4 games in the franchise and only 1 is a direct sequel. Miyazaki is constantly getting a chance to reinvent the series (unless they end up calling this Demon's Souls 2 which seems highly unlikely).

You can't moneyhat something if you own it.

People should just ignore these posts instead of quoting them a million times. Let's keep the focus on the game itself.
It's actually really cool how due to various circumstances we now have 4 games in the franchise and only 1 is a direct sequel. Miyazaki is constantly getting a chance to reinvent the series (unless they end up calling this Demon's Souls 2 which seems highly unlikely).

this is hilarious

Good lord people, fix the sarcasm detector :)

People keep saying this, but it's not true, at least always.

Do you really believe no publisher other than a first party would have touched Gears of War?

First party and third party exclusives are just the same, the first party is giving something in exchange for a product that will only work on their platform.

At this point, you are making a philosophical point about the nature of employer vs. employee. No, employing a completely different business is not the same as doing it in-house or partnering. In the case of moneyhatting, It's specifically buying a product's exclusivity after its inception, especially when intended originally to be multiplatform.

Ridley327

It would be a complicated case, and Sony might not have actually won, but they could have kept it going long enough that From couldn't have sold it and Namco couldn't have funded it. It wouldn't be patent infringement (although certainly you can patent game design concepts), it would be trademark infringement, essentially that using the Souls suffix on a similar product would harm future earning for Sony.

I don't think Sony would have ever considered pushing for an injunction, they know they fucked up by not shipping Demon's Souls worldwide, they'd have known they wanted future exclusives by From, it wouldn't have ever made sense to try and stop them. It's very bad PR too.
I mean, DaS1 even had some of the same characters as DeS, right down to the purpose they served.

Maggots

Banned
The framerate and tearing is because the trailer wasn't meant for public display. No way anyone will show a scene with that much tearing in a trailer.

I mean... it's okay to remain hopeful... and I know these are not a good representation of what the game actually looks and plays like... but there is a noticable drop in a couple parts.

StuBurns

Banned
At this point, you are making a philosophical point about the nature of employer vs. employee. No, employing a completely different business is not the same as doing it in-house or partnering. In the case of moneyhatting, It's specifically buying a product's exclusivity after its inception, especially when intended originally to be multiplatform.
Games are pitched to publishers. Games aren't conceived of as exclusives, the platforms are determined by the publisher. Epic didn't decided to make a new game bringing elements of KillSwitch and RE4 for the 360, they just decided to make the game, and when MS picked it up, the platform was decided.

All exclusives are denying the game to a larger audience, if the decision is made day one, or three years later.

EDIT: Except games developed by the first parties, of course.

It seems like a town but at the bottom in the mountain yuo can seen at the end a castle shape, so a town and a castle...

It could be both, most castles back in the day had towns around them to support the castle. Unless it's sole purpose was to be a fortress then you had to deal with logistics much differently.

Primeau31

I mean... it's okay to remain hopeful... and I know these are not a good representation of what the game actually looks and plays like... but there is a noticable drop in a couple parts.

this thread is about people being excited for this game being real. not a DF analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom