• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Boundary by Chinese studio Surgical Scalpels coming to PS4/PSVR

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Studio Surgical Scalpels, a studio based in the Guangdong Province of China, announced Project Boundary, a space-set first-person shooter running on Unreal Engine 4, for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation VR during the ChinaJoy 2016 PlayStation China Conference.

Space-set FPS Project Boundary announced for PS4 and PlayStation VR

About

“Project Boundary” is a multi-player-first-person-shooter game project that focus on describing astronomical tactical experience of the near future. Player play as armed astronauts , fight zero-gravity battles in space and execute low-gravity operations on planetary stations.

Project-Boundary_2017_07-27-16_007.jpg

Project-Boundary_2017_07-27-16_010.jpg

Project-Boundary_2017_07-27-16_009.jpg

Project-Boundary_2017_07-27-16_006.jpg

Trailer

Official Site

Zero G me if old.

Tagyhag

Shattered Horizon VR sounds great and vomit-inducing at the same time.

This is a Chinese studio though so we'll see how it goes.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Looks like Shattered Horizon which I thought was an awesome game that died an awful death :(

I see we have a new Shattered Horizon.

What could've been :(

Super shame that that team got bought by Rovio :/

IP is in hell.

Shattered Horizon VR sounds great and vomit-inducing at the same time.

This is a Chinese studio though so we'll see how it goes.

What happened to Shattered Horizon? Never heard of that game.

CHC

Gotta be one of the most unsettling names for a developer I've ever heard.

Game looks pretty wild though.

Akronis

What happened to Shattered Horizon? Never heard of that game.

Pretty unique space shooter with gravity mechanics and other stuff, but relatively simple in terms of gameplay.

Population died, team got bought by Rovio, dead forever now.

Tagyhag

Pretty unique space shooter with gravity mechanics and other stuff, but relatively simple in terms of gameplay.

Population died, team got bought by Rovio, dead forever now.

Yep, it also had a really interesting mechanic stealth mechanic by turning off most of your suit functions. It gave you a "Alone in space" vibe. Just checked the servers and there's only one there with just bots.

Fortunately they also added a botmode singleplayer so someone can always play if they want to.

ALWAYS MAKE YOUR MULTIPLAYER-ONLY GAMES HAVE A BOT MODE

wenaldy

lolwut, I don't know about you guys but seeing "NASA"-like spacecuit hovering around with guns is weird to me.

I hope this does capture some of what Shattered Horizon did - had a ton of fun with that game before it withered away. Sneaky, silent knifings were the order of the day, but finding a good sniping position a mile away and upside down in an asteroid's shadow was also great.

Top Bottom