• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Draco now known as Crimson Dragon

duckroll

I don't even know what I'm getting at either. Just looking at these pics reminds me of lair for one reason or another, and the hype around it (as far as kinect game hype goes lol) and then you saying it sounds dumb.

I'll shut up now :(

I'm talking about a different game. The guy asked about Diabolical Pitch. I think Crimson Dragon looks fantastic, and it's everything a fan of Panzer Dragoon would want in a follow up, other than the Kinect requirement.

There's a new preview with some screens here: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201202/26010607.html (don't click on it, copy and paste to your address bar).

I don't know much about the game and it looks really dumb to me tbh. The article doesn't mention much other than it's the sort of game you would expect from the screens. Suda51's crazy baseball pitching action game where you throw balls at enemies and destroy them, etc. There are items and baseball cards you can collect by completing stages, and you can use those to customize your character.

There's apparently 2-player co-op multiplayer as well, as seen in the menu screen, but it wasn't available to be shown at the event today.

I don't care who it looks dumb to, I think the game is going to be amazing. Love sports, love light gun type games which this looks to be(light gun will be throwing a pitch.)

Any info on a release window?

I'm talking about a different game. The guy asked about Diabolical Pitch. I think Crimson Dragon looks fantastic, and it's everything a fan of Panzer Dragoon would want in a follow up, other than the Kinect requirement.
I can't read, don't judge me. I should show my brother this though, he barely uses his kinect he'd be glad to see a good looking game.

duckroll

I don't care who it looks dumb to, I think the game is going to be amazing. Love sports, love light gun type games which this looks to be(light gun will be throwing a pitch.)

Any info on a release window?

No release window, very little actual info, sorry. From the preview, and what they showed today, I actually feel the game seems kinda early, so it might not be coming out anytime early this year.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Glad that's cleared up.

Cos I'm "a fan of Panzer Dragoon" too but have yet to get excited.

Glad that's cleared up.

Cos I'm "a fan of Panzer Dragoon" too but have yet to get excited.

The only thing I get out of your post history, is that you are a fan of "being an asshole who hates on everthing"

Is there a single post on GAF that you have made where you were excited about anything?

Raide

Screenshots and video looks delicious. Hopefully it sells well enough that my dreams of a Panzer Dragoon MMO become reality!

Alexios

The only thing I get out of your post history, is that you are a fan of "being an asshole who hates on everthing"
Hey, now I don't even have to be creepy and check your history to form an opinion of you, thanks man ;)

Is there a single post on GAF that you have made where you were excited about anything
Valentine's day just passed and we've got quite some time before Christmas, I'm sure if you check on me enough you'll find something I like to buy for me by then. Best keep that stuff in private messages though, others might get jealous of the derailing.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
This game better sell enough to make this a series and we can see (even if it's under a new name) it return. I need my beloved old dragon rail shooter back :(

EDIT: Corrected my English :p

Feindflug

This game better sell enough to make this a series and we can see this series (even if it's under a new name) return. I need one of my beloved old series back :(

Crimson Dragon is a Kinect-only on rails shooter game so I doubt the sales will be enough to justify a series...hell even Child of Eden which supported both control schemes and didn't limited it's audience to Kinect owners only did pretty bad sales wise.

duckroll

Was it confirmed that you can't play it with a controller?

Yes.

Edit: http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20120226_514845.html

Dy8QB.jpg

O26oI.jpg

JGJtE.jpg

MI7T2.jpg

iQkVn.jpg

J9cLH.jpg

duckroll

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201202/26010635.html

Playable Dragons

Good news for those asking about different dragon types. They showed 3 playable dragon types out of the 6 at the event today: Blood Skin, Dark Shoulder, and Snow Wing. Blood Skin is the initial dragon, and the "crimson dragon" the title refers to. It is the standard initial dragon with balanced stats. Dark Shoulder is a lower mobility dragon with higher defense. Snow Wing is a dragon which is more effective at using skills.

Designs:
ho7es.jpg

uP4Gj.jpg

WAiOP.jpg

S1kkZ

looks fantastic, i hope we get some videos today. any infos if this is still an xbla game or did they change it to retail-only?

Alexios

Mmh, they all look rather similar. I mean, I didn't like the default green dragon in Orta either but at least some of its later forms were cool and unique, a lot like some of the weirder designs in Saga. But I'd guess these are just the starting forms too.

duckroll

looks fantastic, i hope we get some videos today. any infos if this is still an xbla game or did they change it to retail-only?

All the Japanese previews so far continue to confirm that it is a XBLA game planned for release sometime in 2012.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201202/26010635.html

Playable Dragons

Good news for those asking about different dragon types. They showed 3 playable dragon types out of the 6 at the event today: Blood Skin, Dark Shoulder, and Snow Wing. Blood Skin is the initial dragon, and the "crimson dragon" the title refers to. It is the standard initial dragon with balanced stats. Dark Shoulder is a lower mobility dragon with higher defense. Snow Wing is a dragon which is more effective at using skills.

I think we've already seen all of them in the first released piece of concept art:

screenshotuujgr.jpg

Top Bottom