• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Freelancer arc (Red vs. Blue) had much better Character Design than Halo 5

Izuna

Banned
As someone who hasn't read any of the Halo books but all the games (tv/movies). I feel that the characters in Halo 5 are really hard to give any shit about.

tumblr_mas2pgqu5P1ql9qx0.gif

Now this isn't to say that the state-named characters in Project Freelancer were more memorable, they're just more entertaining to watch and had more chemistry.

I cared far more about small talk in Halo Legends than the random stuff they say between missions. It's like, shut up, Locke. Fireteam Osiris just have the faces of two recognisable characters (Buck and Locke) but they're just so bland in terms of the their personality.

tumblr_ntzmp0yJ3z1r2i222o1_400.gif

And I keep hearing shit about how cool Blue Team are, but you don't see anything. You just kinda get that they know each other and that's that.

Locke was such a stock standard tough guy hero. He could have been plucked from any fast and furious movie or mission impossible or whatever.

Caayn

It's kinda crazy that I enjoy the Project Freelancer story and its characters more than the story in H4/5 and its characters.

This is coming from someone that read almost all the books from the Halo universe.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
As someone who hasn't read any of the Halo books but all the games (tv/movies). I feel that the characters in Halo 5 are really hard to give any shit about.

tumblr_mas2pgqu5P1ql9qx0.gif

Now this isn't to say that the state-named characters in Project Freelancer were more memorable, they're just more entertaining to watch and had more chemistry.

I cared far more about small talk in Halo Legends than the random stuff they say between missions. It's like, shut up, Locke. Fireteam Osiris just have the faces of two recognisable characters (Buck and Locke) but they're just so bland in terms of the their personality.

And I keep hearing shit about how cool Blue Team are, but you don't see anything. You just kinda get that they know each other and that's that.

So as someone who knows nothing about thing. Thing sucks and doesn't mean anything to me. Thing should be better?

Other thing I know about, so other thing is better.

That seems to sum it up?

Izuna

Banned
So as someone who knows nothing about thing. Thing sucks and doesn't mean anything to me. Thing should be better?

Other thing I know about, so other thing is better.

That seems to sum it up?

Not even close.

Fireteam Osiris is made up of:
Locke (who is from Nightfall)
Buck (who is from ODST)
and two others who afaik are simply mentioned in books.

You can start Project Freelancer from Season 10 and they still have better chemistry on-screen. It isn't about knowing about them, I am talking about how they are portrayed in Halo 5.

So if you want to suggest that reading the Halo books would make me understand why Fireteam Osiris is the shit, then by all means. I doubt it though, considering at least two of them I am familiar with and only one is a main character.

I don't understand why 343 didn't just trim down the story to be more digestible and not require stuff like Hunt the Truth or Nightfall for any backstory whatsoever. Fireteam Osiris could have just been everyone from ODST.

"Project Freelancer arc (Red vs. Blue) had much better Characters Design than Halo 5"

Thread title doesn't make sense based on your OP. Should be more like the above. Character design usually refers to the actual art.

Izuna

Banned
"Project Freelancer arc (Red vs. Blue) had much better Characters Design than Halo 5"

Thread title doesn't make sense based on your OP. Should be more like the above. Character design usually refers to the actual art.

You're right, I fucked up there. Both apply though.

Top Bottom