• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project GAF Inn - $5,000 for a mark in Obsidian's Project Eternity [FUNDED!]

Lancehead

I got a reply from Avellone regarding the custom troll:

@ChrisAvellone We (NeoGAF) have one $5000 tier funded, can we get a custom troll from you? What's the procedure?

@VipulManchala You absolutely may get a custom troll, thanks for the support!. Got a message from Alex as well - should I deal w/him or you?

https://twitter.com/ChrisAvellone/status/258236037501952000

So, who's Alex? I think maybe we should direct Avellone to Shagg?

Edit: What the hell have you done to Oswald, squiddy?

I got a reply from Avellone regarding the custom troll:

https://twitter.com/ChrisAvellone/status/258236037501952000

So, who's Alex? I think maybe we should direct Avellone to Shagg?

Edit: What the hell have you done to Oswald, squiddy?

Oh my! :D :D

Oh and I don't know who Alex is.

P.S. Until Obsidian directly posts here, let's keep the direct communication between a few people because Obsidian will start ripping their hair if everyone starts messaging them! :p

Lancehead

Oh my! :D :D

Oh and I don't know who Alex is.

P.S. Until Obsidian directly posts here, let's keep the direct communication between a few people because Obsidian will start ripping their hair if everyone starts messaging them! :p

Mister_Bubbles, I think is Alex?

I think custom troll is something we need to deal directly with Avellone, and he doesn't have a GAF account. I can maintain communication channel with him regarding this.

Halloween.

Ah, right, forgot.

Mister_Bubbles, I think is Alex?

I think custom troll is something we need to deal directly with Avellone, and he doesn't have a GAF account. I can maintain communication channel with him regarding this.

Alright. You can contact them regarding the troll. We should also discuss what it should be! :D

Personal preference: Our cutesy troll should also be somewhere in the inn (as an easter egg, perhaps?), if possible; so we should aim for something that fits their universe! :D

We aren't as special anymore! They added more Inn slots.

tumblr_m76u74pqzj1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

Unfortunate. Though they have to come up with 5k by the time the kickstarter ends right?

I think what happened is that a few of the communities were a bit pissed that we ended up reserving it before they could, so they aimed for $10,000 goal. Of course, that is very hard to get and they are closer to $5,000 than $10,000. I believe it is why it was increased from 3 to 5 to accommodate them in case they fail to get $10,000 and will settle for $5,000 instead.

I guess not a lot of them want adventuring company.

FINAL STRETCH GOAL:

a781e9c5cbf6faea7a66acb51107dee4_large.jpg

OK! After much team deliberation we have one final ultimate stretch goal. At $4.0m we will be enhancing the whole game. We will use live instrumentation for the soundtrack, add developer in-game commentary, and use every dollar between $3.5m and $4m to enhance the game. Also at $4.0m Chris Avellone will be forced to play Arcanum.

Those that haven't donated here and want to do so, do it now! I will add every penny to the final stretch goal so we can get to $4.0m mark! :D

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Members of the GAF Inn should constantly talk about adventuring but look at you funny when you suggest they actually go adventuring.

Members of the GAF Inn should constantly talk about adventuring but look at you funny when you suggest they actually go adventuring.

That would be awesome.

"I've been meaning to go on an adventure myself"
*dialoge options*, "why don't you come with me?"
"Oh no, I can't... I have to prepare myself first, buy supplies"

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I echo your statements Shagg from the main thread, we better get the biggest/best inn for being the first ones to reserve an Inn.

Part of the Inn's inherit worth was that it was limited only to 3.

Prax

Add a tunnel passage that links the two inns. Occasionally you'll end up in archives, where all the dead will roam.

YES~! Have more in-game influence~~! We'll be the most realized and worthy inn-franchise!

Also, are you covered for the conversion, shagg?
I could chip in more if you're still short.

YES~! Have more in-game influence~~! We'll be the most realized and worthy inn-franchise!

Also, are you covered for the conversion, shagg?
I could chip in more if you're still short.

It's "somewhat" covered but regardless, I plan to get as much as I can and increase my pledge so we can get a better inn!

I figured that these Inns might not be in the City, but on the road or something. But when I think about it, Obsidian putting these in the City makes a lot more sense.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
They said that the Inn's would be central locations that everyone is going to see or something to that affect, so I figured they were in the big city.

Azih

I think what happened is that a few of the communities were a bit pissed that we ended up reserving it before they could, so they aimed for $10,000 goal. Of course, that is very hard to get and they are closer to $5,000 than $10,000. I believe it is why it was increased from 3 to 5 to accommodate them in case they fail to get $10,000 and will settle for $5,000 instead.

Also since there's a whole nother city added to the game there's space for, and a need for, more Inns.

Inn is cooler than Adventuring Party no doubt.

Prax

It's "somewhat" covered but regardless, I plan to get as much as I can and increase my pledge so we can get a better inn!

Okay, well, I am trying to prevent myself from going crazy with upping my tier to a ridiculous level, so "GAF" can have it. Plus, I can enter the lottery and win whatever other prizes?

I think you can tell which one is my donation is from my email.

Welp.. now I gotta get ready for work to pay for my philanthropy. :(

ENJOY STARING AT THE NUMBERS, GUYS!

They said that the Inn's would be central locations that everyone is going to see or something to that affect, so I figured they were in the big city.

Well, aren't there like 4 other inns?
Would be kinda lame to put them all in one city, or 2 in one and 3 in the other.

And if they put only one inn in each city, the other inns will be kinda in the boondocks :p

It's probably better if we lock down how communication between GAF and Obsidian is handled.

Once Kickstarter ends, I'm going to create a new thread with complete information. Basically, this is what I'm thinking:

- Communication directly over at GAF, when Obsidian devs start posting here (hopefully, hopefully! They seem to be too invested over at Something Awful and RPG Codex).

- Communication via email. I will tally up daily/weekly reports and contact them directly, and provide their responses here.

- Lancehead is contacting them regarding troll portrait.

- Personal inquiries via Twitter, PM, Facebook or Kickstarter is at your own discretion, as long as you don't represent GAF as a whole and have a personal question regarding your personal pledges.

GAF Inn is a collaboration and it'll be best if we keep it that way, thus avoiding any conflicts between dev on who to listen to. Of course, at my absence, others will be in charge of communication, whether it be mods or people who have higher donation/investment.

Once Kickstarter ends, I'm going to create a new thread with complete information. Basically, this is what I'm thinking:

- Communication directly over at GAF, when Obsidian devs start posting here (hopefully, hopefully! They seem to be too invested over at Something Awful and RPG Codex).

- Communication via email. I will tally up daily/weekly reports and contact them directly, and provide their responses here.

- Lancehead is contacting them regarding troll portrait.

- Personal inquiries via Twitter, PM, Facebook or Kickstarter is at your own discretion, as long as you don't represent GAF as a whole and have a personal question regarding your personal pledges.

GAF Inn is a collaboration and it'll be best if we keep it that way, thus avoiding any conflicts between dev on who to listen to. Of course, at my absence, others will be in charge of communication, whether it be mods or people who have higher donation/investment.

Sounds good enough.
I'd say that if we're going to "upvote"/"downvote" ideas then perhaps only inn contributors may take part of the democratic process though anyone on GAF should still be welcome to post their ideas.

I'd like to get confirmation from Alex before proceeding with Avellone.

Alex is indeed me! I just checked my Obsidian forum messages and saw I got the reply from Chris - he sent me the e-mail address I need to forward to, so I'm happy to send the go ahead to him

Anyone got any poses / requests for how the Troll should look? If no-one has any pressing desires for anything in particular, I'll send a reply back in a couple of hours' time and just tell him to let his inspiration guide him :p

Edit: He also says:

Thanks so much for the support, you guys, much appreciated - and not only for the Kickstarter but over the years as well.

Chris

:D

Edit 2: I did mention in this thread back when the Troll thing was first announced that I'd contact Chris about the Troll; sorry if it wasn't clearer.

Lancehead

Alex is indeed me! I just checked my Obsidian forum messages and saw I got the reply from Chris - he sent me the e-mail address I need to forward to, so I'm happy to send the go ahead to him

Anyone got any poses / requests for how the Troll should look? If no-one has any pressing desires for anything in particular, I'll send a reply back in a couple of hours' time and just tell him to let his inspiration guide him :p

Edit: He also says:

:D

Edit 2: I did mention in this thread back when the Troll thing was first announced that I'd contact Chris about the Troll; sorry if it wasn't clearer.

Okay, I'm going to reply Avellone to keep contact with you. As for troll ideas, I think we should wait until the new thread opens after the funding period is over.

Top Bottom