• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project GAF Inn - $5,000 for a mark in Obsidian's Project Eternity [FUNDED!]

OP Updated. 1/4th of the way there!

53 Backers
$1250/5,000 (25%) PLEDGED!
(Average of $23 per NeoGAFfer!)
Biggest donation: $150.00!

t1350435600z1.png

EDIT: OMG; Thread title changed? Mod support aww yeah! :p

P.S. Waiting to hear from Feargus again. Don't want to push him over the edge lol. He has acknowledged that he received my email so now it's a waiting game.

Feargus Urquhart said:
Just wanted to let you know that your e-mails are getting to me. I’m on point for all the Kickstarter messages right now and I’ve got another 300 or so to get through. Maybe 500.

So, you might not hear from me until tomorrow.

-Feargus

Mikeside

I had a great thought.

If for any reason this doesn't get close to 100% funded with a week or so to go - you should start a Kickstarter for it :p

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
The king is dethroned! Long live the new king!!

54 Backers
$1500/5,000 (30%) PLEDGED!
(Average of $28 per Inn Keeper!)
Biggest donation: $250.00!!

Oh neat, thanks to the awesome donor.

So awesome to see how well this is going :)

Best part of all is that all the big donors don't want anything in return. Imagine if we can push to receive no physical or digital items at all and instead spend the entire $5,000+ on something much bigger instead! :O

By the way, I don't know how many times I've said it but thanks to all the "Inn Keepers" who have donated so far. This wouldn't have been awesome without you all tossing ideas and donating generously and keeping it alive!

Gunsmithx

By the way, I don't know how many times I've said it but thanks to all the "Inn Keepers" who have donated so far. This wouldn't have been awesome without you all tossing ideas and donating generously and keeping it alive!

We are just pitching in money, your the only who put this together and is doing all the legwork so your the one who deserves the thanks.

Aselith

I'll get in for this at some point. Any money Obsidian gets is good ass money!

Edit: Wait the 5000 tier is sold out so what happens now?

Corto

I'll get in for this at some point. Any money Obsidian gets is good ass money!

Edit: Wait the 5000 tier is sold out so what happens now?

Shagg reserved one of the slots in the first day. But he is in talks with Obsidian to maybe make something special to a community effort like this one maybe even outside Kickstarter (and Obsidian already hinted to something of the sorts on the next kickstarter update) and then open up that slot to whoever wants to claim it.

An update of what's being discussed as I don't want to keep you all in the dark as it's as much of an involvement of you guys than it's mine.

A lot of you voiced out that you rather have digital products rather than physical, especially when you account for shipping costs, the chances of "winning" them and what not. I've been trying to see what's a feasible choice where everyone's participation counts.

I cannot promise anything but I've suggest to Feargus Urquhart that we deal with this outside Kickstarter (especially since they are looking into Paypal funding, and we getting out funding via Paypal will make the transaction smooth).

Long story short: That reservation "might" be cancelled and this should be becoming an entity of it's own. The "Name and Design" pledge will still stay, but outside Kickstarter, and that everyone who pledges gets something in return.

I will update you all on what's decided and whether they agree or disagree. In fact, let me know what you guys suggest and approve of! :)

Sounds like they'll be announcing a new tier for this tomorrow.
Oh boy!! Place your bets, ladies and gentleman! :D

#assembleyourcrew
shagg, have you talked to the CEO about replacing the shipping items for more creative control?

Yep! Sounds like they've implementing the proposed idea. Cannot wait! :D
We are just pitching in money, your the only who put this together and is doing all the legwork so your the one who deserves the thanks.
<3

I'm not wealthy, and I donated a paltry amount to the pool anyways (at least compared to the average, which is skewed by some high rollers), but I am curious to see what this newfangled tier is going to be.

You are such a tease, shagg.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I'm not wealthy, and I donated a paltry amount to the pool anyways (at least compared to the average, which is skewed by some high rollers), but I am curious to see what this newfangled tier is going to be.

You are such a tease, shagg.

The Newshaggled tier you mean? *bada bum-tish*

So they've come up with a new $5,000 tier:

Bam! We started with a $5,000 tier that allowed the backer to set up an inn and receive some additional items. Fortunately or unfortunately, that sold out almost immediately. We've come up with a new tier that is aimed toward (but not limited to!) the forum communities that have shown (and continue to show) us so much support. Some of the most fun we've had as players, DMs, and game designers has happened when we got to deal with a group of enemy adventurers -- mercenaries, thugs, whatever you want to call them -- squaring off against the party. This new tier allows you to build a fighting force of extraordinary magnitude to throw at the player. We've also switched around a few of the bonuses in this tier, giving out more digital downloads. We can't wait to see what you come up with.

image-160976-full.jpg

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I assume we'll stick with the current tier. The new one is neat, but I'm not really sure how it's community-oriented apart from more copies of the game.

Group of well known members as inspiration for most of the adventurers and the raffle off a couple of slots to donors might work. Or the inn, which I still like. Still a few physical items to raffle either way.

ultron87

Stick with the inn. It's more exclusive anyway. :D

And building the group of outlaws would probably turn into some horrible popularity contest that would tear GAF apart.

Stick with the inn. It's more exclusive anyway. :D

And building the group of outlaws would probably turn into some horrible popularity contest that would tear GAF apart.

Pretty much.
And like Evilore said, most of the joke posters/mods selected would probably be banned/demoded in 5/10 years time. GAF on the otherhand would still be called GAF in 10 years time (I'm guessing lol).

Souplak

My vote is for the Inn. While I think the outlaw thing is cool (and having gaf members as outlaws) I think the Inn would stand the test of time better.

Here's what I propose, we have a few days to think about it before "Enemy Adventurers" are gone.

I'm considering calling it a "Stretch Goal"

If we get $10,000 (if), I am going to reserve "Outlaws". As of now, the dedication for Inn is great but slow. It will be completed, I can assure you that; though by the time it is, Outlaws would be gone.

With that said, Inn is going to be kept until further notice (or until Paypal pledge is revealed).

Top Bottom