• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project X Zone |OT| Reiji & Xiaomu VS The World

so in battle which character does your eyes usually follow? I tend to follow the left one because they tend to initiate the attack for the most part, but I guess after the attack starts, i just watch w/e lol.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Worst normal attack sadly goes to Oogami and Sakura. They flow poorly and don't lend so much hits.

Boss Doggie

What, they are one of the best. Worst is easily Frank and Hsien-Ko. They also have no chemistry and are lame characters. /rant

I disagree there, they're one of the easiest characters to connect with because they all didn't involve "awkward" attack angles (unlike say, IchiSaku's neutral A, left A and right A). At most the only awkward move for Frank and Hsien-Ko is up A.

LiK

I like Hsien-Ko and Frank. The duo I find the most boring is actually Mega Man and Zero. Good god, they are so overly serious. I tried including Tron with them and they don't seem to even acknowledge her with any custom dialogue.

cj_iwakura

Chapter 16 was annoying, but Haken/Kaguya wrecked their ish.

I am never going to finish this by IV, no chance.

Devilotte music = best music.

kunonabi

I disagree there, they're one of the easiest characters to connect with because they all didn't involve "awkward" attack angles (unlike say, IchiSaku's neutral A, left A and right A). At most the only awkward move for Frank and Hsien-Ko is up A.

Yeah the two of them combo well with just about everybody and their neutral is great. The addition of Frank's skateboard skill and a really good multi attack have them one of my best teams. Not to mention some great dialogue and comic relief with them. Just wish they had Frank's english voice. Him and Ulala just aren't right without them.

Jintor

Yeah the two of them combo well with just about everybody and their neutral is great. The addition of Frank's skateboard skill and a really good multi attack have them one of my best teams. Not to mention some great dialogue and comic relief with them. Just wish they had Frank's english voice. Him and Ulala just aren't right without them.

SO LONG!

SO LONG!

LEVEL UP!

DEAADDD... MEAT!

DIE, DIE, DIE!!!

Videoneon

It's the next chapter haha

Yeah I'll have to agree with LuuKyK, they're awesome. Hits don't matter so much as XP build IMO. They build close to as much meter as Zephyr and Leanne which is one of the highest (I have all of Zephyr and Leanne's moves but missing one of Ichiro/Sakura's), their damage is good, and with the exception of neutral A their combos have good flow. All of their attacks start immediately in front, except for Down A which is vertical. Only problem with Neutral A is slight lag, the other attacks come out fairly quickly and Down+A is instantaneous. My only (small) problem with them is I hate sending them against an opponent with guard. Otherwise, they have awesome skills and awesome stats. They might even be Top 5 for me.

I don't really get the idea of comboing well with others...once you land them in Cross Hit, doesn't really matter does it?

cj_iwakura

hi
does anyone know the track where Reiji & Xiaomu do their chant on the special attack ?
i can't find it on the disk that came with the game
and what they say BTW ? its not even subtitled

Yeah, they're weird about not subtitling obvious stuff, like leaving Sakura/Ogami's attack untranslated and subtitling "YAAAAAAAA".

Pretty sure it's from Namco X Capcom.

And it's basically Shinra's creed, it ends on "Shinra... BANCHO!"

Videoneon

hi
does anyone know the track where Reiji & Xiaomu do their chant on the special attack ?
i can't find it on the disk that came with the game
and what they say BTW ? its not even subtitled

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-imBEze_8FE
at 1:09

The track you're thinking of is "Path to Certain Victory". There's a slight difference between Namco X Capcom and Endless Frontier versions IMO, but this one more closely mirrors Namco X Capcom.

I can't find a track for it on Youtube but here's the music and major spoilers for NxC:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlhdfBGWANw

I'll throw in this romanization and explanation of the Shinra Bansho courtesy of a GameFAQs post:

" Kimon Fuuji! "
" Ki wa hi wo umi,
Hi wa tsuchi wo umi,
Tsuchi wa kin wo umu,
Soshi te kin wa, mizu no umu!

Shinra Banshou! "

And the translation:

" Kimon Fuuji! "
" Wood fuels fire!
Fire creates earth!
Earth bears steel!
And steel carries water!

All of Creation!"

Interesting note, when translated directly:

Ki - Mon - Fuu - Ji

Energy - Gate - Seal - Emperor's Seal

So I guess it means something like The Emperor's Sealed Gate or something like that.

L.O.R.D

The track you're thinking of is "Path to Certain Victory". There's a slight difference between Namco X Capcom and Endless Frontier versions IMO, but this one more closely mirrors Namco X Capcom.

I can't find a track for it on Youtube but here's the music and major spoilers for NxC:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlhdfBGWANw

I'll throw in this romanization and explanation of the Shinra Bansho courtesy of a GameFAQs post:
thanks for the info

Boss Doggie

Yeah I'll have to agree with LuuKyK, they're awesome. Hits don't matter so much as XP build IMO. They build close to as much meter as Zephyr and Leanne which is one of the highest (I have all of Zephyr and Leanne's moves but missing one of Ichiro/Sakura's), their damage is good, and with the exception of neutral A their combos have good flow. All of their attacks start immediately in front, except for Down A which is vertical. Only problem with Neutral A is slight lag, the other attacks come out fairly quickly and Down+A is instantaneous. My only (small) problem with them is I hate sending them against an opponent with guard. Otherwise, they have awesome skills and awesome stats. They might even be Top 5 for me.

I don't really get the idea of comboing well with others...once you land them in Cross Hit, doesn't really matter does it?

It's the guard break thing. That and you have to be picky for solo assists to work with them. And by hits I was referring to X hit since like I said, most of their attacks come out in odd angles.

Hsien-Ko is definitely my waifu. That Saori Hayami...god damn.

For best theme during the super, gotta give it to the .hack crew. It just sounds amazing.

This game has gotten me interested in Resonance of Fate. The super attack just makes me laugh every single time with Zephyr casually chucking a bomb at the enemy during the romantic scene.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
So what's the final verdict on this game? Worthwhile?

Of course. Your enjoyment will be directly proportional to how much you like the existing characters in the game.

It's a lot of fun, and it's very long. Just be mindful not to burn yourself out on it since it gets repetitive.

cj_iwakura

For best theme during the super, gotta give it to the .hack crew. It just sounds amazing.

This game has gotten me interested in Resonance of Fate. The super attack just makes me laugh every single time with Zephyr casually chucking a bomb at the enemy during the romantic scene.

It's a great game, and a lot more serious than you might think. All three characters are very well developed.

And yeah, the .hack theme is so hype.

Videoneon

It's the guard break thing. That and you have to be picky for solo assists to work with them. And by hits I was referring to X hit since like I said, most of their attacks come out in odd angles.

Oh. I think I get you better now.

WTF. Hsien-Ko is Yukinoshita from Yahari/Oregairu? My mind is fucking blown.

The .hack theme is just one of my favorites in the game.

And yes, get Resonance of Fate! Once I beat Project X Zone I'm going to finish it.

(I do indeed have a RoF avatar and I haven't beaten the game =P)

Cody_D165

Banned
Amazon is currently not selling this game :O

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B67ZS3U/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Item Under Review

While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible.

BlackJace

I'm hearing some people are having freezing issues. Not sure if that pertains to the digital copies or not. I've had no problems with mine though.

Jintor

The stupid anime bullshit and rote mechanical satisfaction of this game is a really good way to distract me as I try and make it through this latest bombcast without melting and collapsing on the floor in a blubbering heap.

Boss Doggie

*in Fetus of God stage*

Mii: So Kogoro, can you tell me why it's throbbing?
Kogoro: Well when a man reaches a certain age they... Oh wait, you mean the room!

Danj

Ordered this to arrive on UK launch (last Friday) and it's still nowhere to be seen... Amazon... you have made a dangerous enemy...

I got mine last Friday, thank goodness. But someone has just posted a few posts up that Amazon have suspended the item for some bizarre reason.

Alchemist

I love the variety of characters in this game. No idea what's going on with the story but gameplay is satisfying.

Not bad for my first 3DS game nicely priced at £22.

I got mine last Friday, thank goodness. But someone has just posted a few posts up that Amazon have suspended the item for some bizarre reason.

How do you like it so far? I haven't had much time to play, but I'm only on chapter...6 I think. Still a long, long way to go.

Just made it to the crazy Ghouls 'n Ghosts chapter during my bus ride to work this morning. So...many...enemies...

Also, when the hell are X and Zero going to show up? They're on the box art, but they haven't even been shown once yet.
I'm guessing I'll see them soon since Metools have started showing up in battles, but...

Top Bottom