• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Prosperity Gospel' Minister Joel Osteen Shamed Into Opening Church to Harvey Victims

Okay so...he gives a statement....

And ....I mean just look at this video and how fake ass it is.

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/h...reated-false-narrative-about-lakewood-n797341

He's using an obvious green screen to make it look like he's actually in the church helping, it's just a static blurred image behind him

KmqGItb.png

EDIT: Guess Im wrong then. I'll leave the pose up to show my aass though

The footage of people helping that they show during the interview is of the George R Brown Convention Center.

Man did I choose the wrong career. I shoulda been a hustlin ass preacher as well. Oh wait, I'm not a fucking scumbag, so I will continue to be poor. Fuck this guy and his green screen lies.

norm9

Here's a quote from Tyler Perry from a page six article

http://pagesix.com/2017/09/01/tyler-perry-donates-250k-to-joel-osteen/

Perry, 47, explained his decision and defended his longtime friend Osteen in a Facebook video Thursday.

“I know that there’s been some controversy about Joel Osteen and him not opening doors of the church. Let me tell you something: Joel and Victoria are amazing people. There is no way they would lock people out of the church and not let people in for shelter,” he continued. “There were some safety concerns. I spoke to them on the phone, and it all made perfect sense to me so before you just run and judge somebody really quick, you need to know the whole circumstances … This million dollars, I’m breaking it up into quarters. I’m sending $250,000 to Lakewood to make sure that they can get all the supplies that people need. I know that they will, I know for sure that they will, because that’s the kind of person he is.”

Come on, son.

Osukaa

Here's a quote from Tyler Perry from a page six article

http://pagesix.com/2017/09/01/tyler-perry-donates-250k-to-joel-osteen/

Come on, son.

Madea woulda drove her Cadillac through those church doors and had a big ass Hurricane Shelter party for the people she let in .. It woulda been lit !!

But yeah seriously this is disgusting. I'm not a huge religious person but I truly believe that if your gonna claim to be doing gods work then why do you even have to lock the doors on your church. Once you decide to walk that path then your life is for others. Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't it taught that your duty as a man of god is to help people above everything else. I drive by churches that have walls and locked gates and huge lots of land and I just think to myself how twisted man has made religion and the teaching to help eachother..

Audioboxer

http://www.ibtimes.com/watch-joel-o...lection-plates-congregation-including-2585722
They are passing out the collection plates to Hurricane Victims.

pyX0pBD.gif

Who the hell is Tyler Perry as well? Schmuck

Filmmaker Tyler Perry also donated $1 million Friday to help the hurricane victims and made a surprising announcement that $250,000 of those funds would go to Osteen's Lakewood church.

In a video posted on Facebook on Friday, Perry explained his decision to donate to Osteen's church saying: ”I know there's been some controversy about Joel Osteen and him not opening the doors of the church. Let me tell you something: Joel and Victoria are amazing people. There's no way they would lock people out of the church and not let people in for shelter. There were some safety concerns. I spoke to them on the phone, and it all made perfect sense to me."

750k for the victims is fantastic, props, but giving 250k to Osteen? lol... okay.

http://www.newsweek.com/joel-osteen...h-closed-during-hurricane-harvey-tells-659302

New interview I guess:

A televangelist whose church closed its doors during Hurricane Harvey claims that he is the victim of “misinformation” and told flood victims not to have a “poor me” attitude.

“You know I really believe in these times of difficulty it's, for me, certainly not the time to question your faith but to turn to your faith because God is the one that gives you the strength to make it through the difficult times," he said in a video of Sunday's sermon posted on YouTube.

We are not going to understand everything that happens but, you know, having a 'poor old me' mentality or 'look what I lost' or 'why did this happen', that's just going to pull you down. Like we've been talking about all night, you just got to turn it over and say 'God you're still on the throne'.”

He added: “Had we opened the building sooner and someone got injured, or perhaps the building flooded and someone lost their lives, that would have been a very different story. Now I don’t mind taking the heat for being precautious. But I don’t want to take the heat for being foolish.”

Lmaoi guess thou shalt not be an asshole a commandment?

"Poor me, why did my life get completely destroyed?!"

"Fuck you pay me god works in mysteriously assholeish ways"

legend166

Romans 12:15:

Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep.

I know it hasn't been opened for a long time and is probably really dusty, but you should probably read your Bible Joel.

Velcro Fly

Dude is just a conman. He just happened to use God to con people so he has to appear Christian in times of great trouble like this. The more people that realize this now the better off everyone will be.

MilkBeard

What a liar. He wasn't going to open his doors if no one said anything. Otherwise he would have been the first to say "I'll offer my stadium when it is ready" because he's a greedy dude and loves the good attention.

Hes a false prophet he only cares about lining his pockets of money.

Yes. Full stop.

Top Bottom