• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PROTIP: Go To GameStop And Ask About BATTLETOADS...

HUELEN10

Then tell them you need something to tide you over.
xhseZOt.jpg

They'll give you this awesome button. Can't be just for employees, they had like bag with like 50 in a draw behind the counter; guy told me he gives them to anyone that asks. Just ask for the button; who wouldn't want one? They should just make this an official Rare Replay pre-order bonus.

Bonus: BATTLETOADS | Duane & BrandO

The newer thing is to call Pawn Stars about it, but I think they got a GameBoy version of the game that they priced at a ridiculous rate just to say they have it available.

daTRUballin

Yep. People finally have a reason to ask for Battletoads at GameStop. :p

Is this an actual promotion for Battletoads, or is it just playing off of the GameStop joke?

Walpurgis

Banned
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";170824736]This is all I ever think of when I hear someone say Battletoads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyvlSxB8xrM[/QUOTE]
What the hell? Why do people ask for this? This looks unplayable. It's impossible to get through this without dying to learn how the snakes move. The snake mechanic is really cool but the devs need to calm the hell down. This is a nightmare.

jett

D-Member
Goddamn this game looks hard as fuck. Who would want to play that?

Get gud, as the kids say these days. That video is sped up anyway, makes the game look harder than it is.

Battletoads is really fun and seriously creative. Nearly every level is the different from the rest in some manner.

What the ... You weren't kidding. That looks absolutely mental.

What the hell? Why do people ask for this? This looks unplayable. It's impossible to get through this without dying to learn how the snakes move. The snake mechanic is really cool but the devs need to calm the hell down. This is a nightmare.

None of you has played or seen Battletoads before? Well it is pretty old but I thought it was more popular just because of the difficulty. Maybe I'm just old.

PKrockin

What the ... You weren't kidding. That looks absolutely mental.

The footage is sped up.

This game is hard as fuck, but it had a special something that made it 'pop' presentation wise back in the day. I played it a ton.

I'm sure if I tried to play it today I'd hate it in seconds.

Battletoads is mostly memorization. not "end of the world" impossible to play, considering many people have fond memories of playing through it as kids.

Kriken

You are saying that is if slowing it down makes it any easier.

it doesn't.

The game isn't nearly as hard as people make it out to be either, it's "Memorization: the game" I still laugh at people who think the tunnel is remotely close to the hardest part of the game

The game isn't nearly as hard as people make it out to be either, it's "Memorization: the game" I still laugh at people who think the tunnel is remotely close to the hardest part of the game

The game's insanely hard (memorizing a game that long and hard is really difficult, particularly in a game with limited lives and continues and no saving!), but most people think of the Turbo Tunnel because it is the games' first big difficulty jump, so people call it the hardest part because they can't get much farther than that. I'm not much different, doubt I've gotten past level 4 or 5... love the game anyway though.

Clinger Winger is supposed to be probably the hardest level, yes? It definitely looks pretty insane: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZR0p-7fbFc Perfect timing or you're dead.

Kriken

The game's insanely hard (memorizing a game that long and hard is really difficult, particularly in a game with limited lives and continues and no saving!), but most people think the Turbo Tunnel because it is the games' first big difficulty jump, so people call it the hardest part because they can't get much farther than that. I'm not much different, doubt I've gotten past level 4 or 5... love the game anyway though.

Clinger Winger is supposed to be probably the hardest level, yes? It definitely looks pretty insane: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZR0p-7fbFc Perfect timing or you're dead.

Clinger Winger, at least Imo is the hardest level, the disco ball moves faster than you and only perfectly timed turns give you an edge. That one requires reflexes a bit more than previous levels

daTRUballin

So it's pretty much assumed by everybody that there will be a new Battletoads soon, right?

I wonder if it will be as hard as the originals, or if they will dumb it down for modern gamers?

Clinger Winger, at least Imo is the hardest level, the disco ball moves faster than you and only perfectly timed turns give you an edge. That one requires reflexes a bit more than previous levels

It took me quite a few tries, but I managed to beat Clinger Winger when I was around 11-12. By the time I had completed it, I had to return it to the rental store...

Yep. People finally have a reason to ask for Battletoads at GameStop. :p

Is this an actual promotion for Battletoads, or is it just playing off of the GameStop joke?

Little bit of both.

It's a LTTP play on the joke, not funny, but also promoting their retro game program.

HUELEN10

So it's pretty much assumed by everybody that there will be a new Battletoads soon, right?

I wonder if it will be as hard as the originals, or if they will dumb it down for modern gamers?
No one knows if they are making a new one or not, but if would be cruel if they used old renders for everyone BUT Rash on the cover of Rare Replay merely to torment us.

Wynnebeck

Banned
lol I have one on my lanyard for work. Can't tell you how many people walk into GS and laugh at it knowing the joke.

daTRUballin

No one knows if they are making a new one or not, but if would be cruel if they used old renders for everyone BUT Rash on the cover of Rare Replay merely to torment us.

A new one is definitely being made. There have been so many hints towards it, it's ridiculous. :p

daTRUballin

No evidence and no announcement, and no leaks.

It's a dream, one that might come true, but a dream nonetheless.

What do you mean there's no evidence? There have been plenty of hints towards it. For example, there have been some MS and Rare employees who have worn Battletoads shirts on some occasions. Plus the Battletoads trademark renewal last year.

Something's definitely going on with this IP.

It's really not that hard.

Top Bottom