• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Now Games For June

Geki-D

Banned
Original post:
As of right now the western games for PS Now have yet to be announced, but the Japanese games have been. It's worth pointing out that whilst there is some crossover, very often the Japanese PS Now doesn't get the same games. I'll update the thread when the western games comes through.
PS NOW in Japan:
-Metro Exodus (Limited time)
-Dishonored 2 (Limited time)
-Prey (this one is already available in the west)
-11-11: Memories Retold
-Rabbi x Rabbi -Puzzle Out Stories (pretty sure this game isn't a thing in the west so no chance we'll be seeing it)
-UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late[st]
------------------------
Games for June are official:

For some reason the blog only mentions 3 but this month we actually get 8 games.

-Metro Exodus (until Tuesday, November 30, 2020)
-Dishonored 2
-NASCAR Heat 4
-Tales of Zestiria
-Pac-Man Championship Edition 2
-God Eater 2 Rage Burst
-11-11 Memories Retold
-Malicious Fallen

Last edited:

AnkitDanger

Banned
As of right now the western games for PS Now have yet to be announced, but the Japanese games have been. It's worth pointing out that whilst there is some crossover, very often the Japanese PS Now doesn't get the same games. I'll update the thread when the western games comes through.

PS NOW in Japan:
-Metro Exodus (Limited time)
-Dishonored 2 (Limited time)
-Prey (this one is already available in the west)
-11-11: Memories Retold
-Rabbi x Rabbi -Puzzle Out Stories (pretty sure this game isn't a thing in the west so no chance we'll be seeing it)
-UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late[st]
Metro is great

Mr Hyde

I have no interest in PS Now. I've tried the 7-day trial on two separate occasions and I feel it gives me zero value. It's the same with PS Plus. In fact, all of these subscriptions based models are unattractive. It's a weird feeling, because I have no issues with the likes of Netflix, but for games I feel these type of services as redundant, and even anti-consumer. I can't really explain it, but games should stay physical.

AceofJakes

Another missed month for me if Europe get this as well.

Dishonored and prey have been on sale for less then £5 so I've picked them up already and I never really got into the previous metro games so exodus wouldn't be for me.

Last edited:

Geki-D

Banned
Another missed month for me if Europe get this as well.

Dishonored and prey have been on sale for less then £5 so I've picked them up already and I never really got into the previous metro games so exodus wouldn't be for me.
Prey is already on PS Now in the west. We'll be getting something esle.

Geki-D

Banned
So at this point, Dishonored 2, 11-11 Memories Retold & Metro Exodus are unofficially confirmed as as being 3 of the western games.
ligd8n9fzg251.jpg

I'll wait to update the OP till we get official word, though.

I have no interest in PS Now. I've tried the 7-day trial on two separate occasions and I feel it gives me zero value. It's the same with PS Plus. In fact, all of these subscriptions based models are unattractive. It's a weird feeling, because I have no issues with the likes of Netflix, but for games I feel these type of services as redundant, and even anti-consumer. I can't really explain it, but games should stay physical.

I can't speak for PS Now since I've never tried it. But to say that PS Plus gives no value is a bit dishonest. Plus is a great value, and it constantly gives out great games this past year like, Uncharted 4, Nioh, Shadow of the Colossus, Bioshock Collection, Uncharted Collection, Titanfall 2, The Last of US, MBL The Show 19, Batman Arkham Knight, Darksiders 3, and this month's Call of Duty WWII and Starwars Battlefront 2, with more to come.

List of PS Plus games offered this past year

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

But to say that PS Plus gives no value is a bit dishonest.

I'm not saying PS Plus gives no value to you. I'm saying it gives no value to me. I payed for ps plus for five years and I noticed I didn't play the "free" games at all. I didn't care for it because in the end I want ownership of my games. The discounts were pretty lame too and outside Souls and Bloodborne, I never played any multiplayer. It was a complete waste of money.

Yamisan

I'm not saying PS Plus gives no value to you. I'm saying it gives no value to me. I payed for ps plus for five years and I noticed I didn't play the "free" games at all. I didn't care for it because in the end I want ownership of my games. The discounts were pretty lame too and outside Souls and Bloodborne, I never played any multiplayer. It was a complete waste of money.
oh god, one of these people

Jtibh

Banned
Man i just bought exodus fuck.
Thats ok i wont be able to play it for a long time i am still backed up.
Currently playing through control on psnow and its such a broken drag but i cant put it down.
Anyways between psplus and psnow i have to be very careful what i buy from here on.

GHG

It' s strange that Metro: Exodus and Dishonored 2 is still on GamePass... These 2 games are must, so enjoy PS players : )

There are sometimes exclusivity periods for games that join these services but they are not indefinite. The deals can be anywhere from a couple of months to a year.

Last edited:

Jtibh

Banned
To each their own.
I understand what you are saying though i would not say it gives you no valeu.
What might have changed is back in ps3 days digital sales were very little ans everyone was buying mostly discs so when you got your free game it was a big bonus.
Now with all these sales going on at low prices it gives me less valeu as i get a game for 20 bucks and a few months later its in psnow. For 20 bucks i keep the game and play at my own pace , on psnow i have to focus on one game to complete as its time limited.
And i also see no new updates on ps2 or ps3 titles infact i feel they took a bunch of ps2 games down and in a few months there might be none.

My biggest problem with psnow is there are days where nothing works as it comes up with error how the game cannot be started in stream mode or that i have to wait in line which is stupid.
Many times i dont want to download the game due to space limitation and streaming is the only way for me.

Though i have to say having psnow makes psplus irrelevant and a waste of money. Paying 60 bucks to be allowed to play online is now more then ever a big ripp off.

Either combine the 2 services at a discount or charge less for psplus if you have psnow.

Geki-D

Banned
Honestly, PS Plus has been kind of crappy for quite some time. I wouldn't say it's a waste of value but a lot of the time the games I either already own or don't care about. 2 Is just too limiting.

I get way more value out of PS Now. Played Control, Just Cause 4, Get Even, Aragami, Shadow of The Tomb Raider, The Surge... To name a few. For 60 a year that's pretty decent and I see a few games this month I'll be playing. Generally now gets 3 games but sometimes it's up to 8, gives way more options than Plus and there is already a fixed selection of games on there of about 700 games to choose from.

T-Cake

It's a shame Dishonored 1 (PS4 version) is not available. I would like to play both again but will have to settle for the janky PS3 version before playing Dishonored 2.

Honey Bunny

I have to agree with the naysayers. Spending money to get games i didn't really want to play was a waste of time for me. Gave it up finally last month. It was stopping me playing games I actually wanted because I had this obligation to try these seince I had 'paid' for them already.

THEAP99

Banned
I’m trying to download metro exodus and use my free trial for PS NOW, but it’s saying that the service is currently undergoing maintenance (WC-40383-8)

Geki-D

Banned
Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 has been on PlayStation Now for more than a year.

Looking into this, it would appear that Pacman, Tales of Zestiria & God Eater 2 were already on PS Now in the US but not Europe. Very odd month, they only list three games and bring some over to Europe that were already in the US... It's been a long time since the US got different games so maybe they're just updating for parity.

Ah it's also worth pointing out that recently Sony merged both English versions of the blog so now there is no EU one but really just US for both.

Last edited:

leo-j

I’m totaling getting that 30 percent off promo. I’m expecting $45 or less for ps now for a year, that’s like $3 a month. I wish persona and the lost legacy were still there tho :/

Top Bottom