• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita update 3.60 is availble now

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Guys, I have a confession to make... I bought a Vita last week and I... I... I love it!

Now I have to go through the stages of grief until I finally reach the sweet release of acceptance.
Best handheld ever. Yet at the same time he most wasted potential of all time. Look how good the Vita is as it is. Now imagine it sold well and had major support. Imagine how ridiculously good it could have been.

Best handheld ever. Yet at the same time he most wasted potential of all time. Look how good the Vita is as it is. Now imagine it sold well and had major support. Imagine how ridiculously good it could have been.

don't do this to me IWBTG

Imagine Ace Attorney, Monster Hunter, Shin Megami Tensei IV on Vita ;______________;

Z3M0G

It removes skype app...

Fuck it had Skype?? I could have used that instead of draining my phone while playing Paragon with my buddy who plays from PC...

That hurts to read... :(

heringer

Congratulations on purchasing The Dreamcast of Handhelds(TM)

I say that in the most endearing way possible.

People like you is what's keeping the Vita alive

Truly the best handheld that never had a chance

I wonder if indies will continue to support it. Apparently it's cheap to port from PS4, right? Surely indie devs will continue to develop their games for both PS4 and Vita. Right? Right??

Oh God, this is the bargaining stage, isn't it? :(

Gonna go ahead and wait before updating. Not interested in any odd stuff like last time.

The tone Sony kept through that left a weird taste in my mouth.

I wonder if indies will continue to support it. Apparently it's cheap to port from PS4, right? Surely indie devs will continue to develop their games for both PS4 and Vita. Right? Right??

Actually we had a few incidents recently where devs underestimated the costs of a Vita port, but indies love the Vita and Vita loves indies.

Also, the Vita has what is proportionally (to the size of the system userbase) the most vocal of any system ever made. An example: There was a Kickstarter campaign for a visual novel called Root Double's localization. It was set to fail but 3-4 days to the deadline they introduced a Vita stretch goal and the KS quickly caught up to its goal.

Vita fans also saved their port of Banner Saga from cancellation.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

They did for a while but those releases have seriously slowed down recently. We'll continue to get some for sure but it definitely seems like the glory days of the portable indie machine are done for Vita. I just hope the NX can pick up that mantle.

heringer

Actually we had a few incidents recently where devs underestimated the costs of a Vita port, but indies love the Vita and Vita loves indies.

Also, the Vita has what is proportionally (to the size of the system userbase) the most vocal of any system ever made. An example: There was a Kickstarter campaign for a visual novel called Root Double's localization. It was set to fail but 3-4 days to the deadline they introduced a Vita stretch goal and the KS quickly caught up to its goal.

Vita fans also saved their port of Banner Saga from cancellation.

I did read somewhere that the attach rate was big, which is why some devs were still bothering to port their games.

But who knows? Considering there isn't going to be a successor and the thing has enough horsepower to handle most indie stuff, maybe those games will keep coming.

If only Sony would drop the price and end the proprietary card restriction...

L.O.R.D

Well they certainly can if they pull the plug on PSN on Vita. I went full-digital on this device because I can't find any actual games in retail stores around here.

same with me,i can't find any physical Vita game where i live.

Producer

Was the battery drain issue ever fixed? My vita has been on sleep mode for the majority of the past 2-3 weeks and its half battery right now.

OmegaFax

It removes skype app...

Skype app bubble is still on my system after the update. It doesn't look like they completely discontinued it yet. Guessing once support goes EoL in June, I won't be able to login.

Twitter support is the last remaining hold out.

OhMyGod

Neo Member
The UI is smoother now, especially in PS Store when you have a very long downloaded list.

Also someone said the fps of emulator is increased in 3.60.

Another Vita thread, another couple of pages full of eulogies.

Good job Sony, on remembering that the Vita can do remote play too :D

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Does anyone else find that NeoGAF doesn't load anymore in the web browser after 3.60?

Doesn't load on Safari either if you type it in the URL, or Chrome on my phone. Only bookmarks load, or if I Google and jump to it from a Twitter feed.

Seemed to be this way for the past few days.

Nocturno999

Maybe they added first party support back in.

oHM3bhj.gif

Ever since the last update the Blue PS Logo light won't turn off on my Vita-1000 model. I've tried everything I can think of, notifications, rebuilding the database, etc. It just won't turn off. Has anyone else been having this problem?

Ever since the last update the Blue PS Logo light won't turn off on my Vita-1000 model. I've tried everything I can think of, notifications, rebuilding the database, etc. It just won't turn off. Has anyone else been having this problem?

Having the same issue right now. It goes off and back on.

data

This reminds me of the update where the Vita screen would randomly turn on for no reason.

Glix

This reminds me of the update where the Vita screen would randomly turn on for no reason.

For me its party notification. It notifies me over and over that a friend is in a party (even tho i told it not to) so the blue light just stays on because there is a notification. Its weird

autoduelist

Does your battery seem to drain faster now too?

I completely disabled all notifications and it still does it, party or no.

Not really? I haven't been playing my Vita lately due to time constraints and it's still rocking the same charge I left it at, as always. The blue light does turn off for me sometimes, I can't really figure out the rhyme or reason.

Does your battery seem to drain faster now too?

I completely disabled all notifications and it still does it, party or no.

My battery seems to drain faster sleeping than it previously did. But general use is about the same.

Sucks, I hope it's fixed in an update. I wouldn't have updated if I knew this was going to happen.

Tailzo

My battery seems to drain faster sleeping than it previously did. But general use is about the same.

Sucks, I hope it's fixed in an update. I wouldn't have updated if I knew this was going to happen.

If I don't update, I can't use remoteplay so I'll do it :(

I read that Sony have a framework that if you use it makes the ports between PS4, PS3 and Vita simple (assuming the slower machines can handle the game of course). Just think of all those cross-buy indies that have hit the PSN, for PS4, PS3 and Vita. Too many to count. A forward thinking move, it has kept the Vita in releases all this time when otherwise it would have been barren. And it's going to the PS3's only source of games too in future, I imagine.

For me its party notification. It notifies me over and over that a friend is in a party (even tho i told it not to) so the blue light just stays on because there is a notification. Its weird
I think the party app is the culprit. Every time I turn on the Vita or bring it out of sleep (the light will turn off once the WiFi disconnects) I get a notification for the party app even though I fully disabled all notifications.

I haven't really been able to play my vita much, cause everytime I turn it on it's already dead. Never really noticed the blue lite, but will keep an eye out for it.

I've tried doing a database rebuild after another thread suggested that for battery, but it's no good. It seemed to work for a while, but went back to draining fast.

Will probably tweet shuhei at some point.

Edit: (5/29) I put my Vita in Airplane Mode and it seems like the battery's holding up awesome. Still not getting blue lights but obviously any notifications would be blocked.

Edit: (6/4) I noticed the battery meter us still holding up. However it did randomly give my the dead battery screen. I was able to get back going by tapping the sleep/wake and it woke normally. Makes me think there's a few things wrong with the firmware.

Top Bottom