• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS2 Backups Booting on the PS3

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
"First take the torx bolt out slide the face plate off and remove few phillips screws. Take the metal cover off the top of the bd drive. Then remove the top plastic cover and unplug the sensor. Secure it down with a couple screws. Then cut a circle (with a plastic cutting saw bit) on the top cover. Your face plate now slides back over to allow swapping and still keeping the PS3 looking clean.
yeah.....**** that. :lol

Z_Y

I would rather perform surgery on my dog than open up my PS3...let alone cutting out things. WTF?

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Gek54 said:
I thought PS2 BC image quality was worse than a normal PS2? Why would you even bother?

I don't believe thats true for all titles Gek.

plagiarize said:
or in my case (as someone who moved from the uk to america) to be able to continue playing their imports.
and an import PS2, modded PS2 or HDLoader just isn't good enough to play those PS2 games, huh?

Edit: i mean, we're talking about DOING THIS!?!?

ps2onps3uh3tt9.jpg

ouch, Okami sales -1

The Faceless Master said:
and an import PS2, modded PS2 or HDLoader just isn't good enough to play those PS2 games, huh?

Edit: i mean, we're talking about DOING THIS!?!?

ps2onps3uh3tt9.jpg

ouch, Okami sales -1
i can already play my imports on my ps2 (slide card), but it would be nice when i get a ps3 to be able to trade in or put the ps2 away. i'm not saying I'M going to do this, but i'm sure a more eloquent replacement case will show up soon or similar.

BuddyC

The mod also requires an older firmware ...which would then lock you out of any PlayStation Network, such as online play, patches, etc.

Dali

Does anyone know why Sony opted not to make the PS3 BC region free? I've thought about buying a PS3, but I've also thought about getting an import PS2 and a sh!t load of Japanese games I missed. For the time being its gonna be either/or, not both.

Top Bottom