• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS2 GTA Liberty City Stories coming June 6th for $19.99

AdmiralViscen said:
Or, wants to make some money.

and upset the userbase by handing out a third class game. IT IS A PORTABLE GAME BUY THE PSP VERSION!

60 FPS >>
Online >>
Small missions >>>
On the go type missions >>

I don't how these will translate to PS2

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
it'll be funny to see any backlash on this game cause it doesn't stand up to san andreas or feels like a GTA3 rehash

Doom_Bringer said:
and upset the userbase by handing out a third class game. IT IS A PORTABLE GAME BUY THE PSP VERSION!

60 FPS >>
Online >>
Small missions >>>

For 50 bucks? Nah.

Thanks, Rockstar!

Roders5

Iwata een bom zal droppen
Surely this will damage future PSP GTA game sales, people will just think "pffft, last time they released the game on PS2 anyway for less than half the price, screw them, I'll wait" or something to that effect. Seems a bit silly to hurt the biggest PSP seller they have.

I just got a PSP and LCS last week and I don't care. It's fantastic on the go and even just sitting on the bed while watching the ball game.

For those crying, get over it. From a business perspective, its a no-brainer. The code is written and they have a deep knowledge of the PS2, so they can pass it off to some junior programmers, sell maybe 500k copies total (maybe more, GTA is weird like that) and add the profits to the coffers for the next-gen GTA.

At this point all I care about is Vice City Stories. Hopefully it will be out in November.

Doom_Bringer said:

60 FPS >>
Online >>
Small missions >>>

This post confuses me, because half of the things you listed dont apply or even exist.

You can get 60fps by turning up the clock speed of the processor or some shit, I think.

I don't know why he put online there, or why he thinks PSP is better for online than PS2. Or why 60fps is more attainable on PSP than PS2, either.

Reilly

Roders5 said:
Surely this will damage future PSP GTA game sales, people will just think "pffft, last time they released the game on PS2 anyway for less than half the price, screw them, I'll wait" or something to that effect. Seems a bit silly to hurt the biggest PSP seller they have.

if it's the same game (no added features etc...) it won't. Halo on PC didn't hurt Halo 2 sales.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Reilly said:
if it's the same game (no added features etc...) it won't. Halo on PC didn't hurt Halo 2 sales.
it's the same game at a much lower price, seriously I'll wait for VCS on PS2.

AdmiralViscen said:
You can get 60fps by turning up the clock speed of the processor or some shit, I think.

I don't know why he put online there, or why he thinks PSP is better for online than PS2. Or why 60fps is more attainable on PSP than PS2, either.

This goes down how they coded the engine. Technically speaking even though they share the same visual look, it's a different graphical engine than the PS2 version which were all 30 fps. If they are lazy they're just use the same established assets using the engines they already have with the PS2 GTA3.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Reilly said:

Hmm...shouldn't that be less features? What about multiplayer, plus there's no custom soundtracks on the PS2. This is a genius move by Rockstar, though. Release the game on PS2 and get more sales, then bring out Vice City Stories on PSP soon after, repeating the cycle the following year.

NWO

Doom_Bringer said:
and upset the userbase by handing out a third class game.

I'm pretty sure companies care more about not upsetting the massive PS2 userbase than caring about the small PSP userbase's feelings.

Luckett_X

Banned
I always enjoy seeing a price be $ = £. The absurdity is always just so crystal clear.

Why it is still allowed to happen is beyond me, and why I will almost always import US releases (english language, cheaper price, quicker release).

I am also pretty disgusted Rockstar stooped this low, just need to see an Xbox release of it now for a full betrayl!

Doom_Bringer said:

60 FPS >>
Online >>
Small missions >>>

you going to buy me a PSP? and i've played the PSP version as my brothers both have it, and i just couldn't get into it on the PSP. I can't really get into any game on a portable to be honest with you, hunched over looking at a tiny screen..nah thats not my thing. Give me a bigscreen, PS2 version every day of the week.

Shinobi

Error2k4 said:
:(

I bought this game for $50... :(

logo.gif

I love how people whine about Rockstar betraying the PSP userbase, as if they're the ones making the fucking machine.

bumpkin

AdmiralViscen said:
A handheld game for ~$20? This isn't the gaming ghetto, buddy.
Well they'd be retarded not to drop the price with the PS2 version sitting next to it for $30 less.

Gigglepoo

Awesome

I lost interest in GTA after Liberty City, but, for only $20, I may just check this out. It is my favorite city afterall. Even if I had a PSP I doubt I would buy this game for it. Doesn't seem like a good portable to me.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Someone in another thread said this is sans the multiplayer. If that's true, double f-u on this title.

Gigglepoo said:
Awesome

I lost interest in GTA after Liberty City, but, for only $20, I may just check this out. It is my favorite city afterall. Even if I had a PSP I doubt I would buy this game for it. Doesn't seem like a good portable to me.

prepare to be dissapointed as the design itself was obviously for a handheld.

Gigglepoo said:
Awesome

What he said.

Agent X

Roders5 said:

Maybe some people will say that. These are likely the same people who probably said, "I don't want to waste my $50 on that Rez game...I'll wait for it to become a Greatest Hits title for $20!"

If someone wants the game seriously enough, he will pay full price when it is first released. If not, then he is welcome to wait for a price drop. This applies to any game.

A large number of people have already proven that they're willing to pay $50 for the PSP game. I doubt that releasing a PS2 version 8 months later for $20 will have any noticeable impact on sales of the next GTA game on PSP, because most of the people who would wait for that game to go to $20 will be the same people who didn't bother to buy GTA:LCS for $50 the first time around.

bumpkin said:
So does this mean the PSP version will see a price drop?

It will probably happen by the time the PS2 version is released. If the PS2 version has all of the multiplayer modes, then the PSP version will probably be priced at $20 to match. However, if the PS2 version lacks multiplayer, then they might keep the PSP version at $30.

Tellaerin

I'm looking forward to GTA: LCS on PS2 because it's a step back from San Andreas. Vice City is still my favorite GTA, even apart from the 80's motif. I enjoyed taking the game at my own pace, doing missions where it suited me. San Andreas was a big letdown by comparison - it felt like every two minutes, I had to drop whatever I was doing and rush off somewhere to deal with a problem. Oh no, such-and-such neighborhood's under attack by a rival gang - better defend it! Now my cellphone's ringing - it's my girlfriend! She's complaining that I'm not spending enough time with her, so I'd better hurry over to her place pronto! Ugh... Give me more of that 'no pressure' sandbox gameplay over another San Andreas any day.

Sounds like a straight port, so much for rumors of extra content and expanded online mode...

$20 will attract the casual gamer who's never heard of GTA, if they are any left! :lol

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
281428b.jpg

more gameplay, more cities, better soundtrack, 2 player mode, much longer game length...and it's only $20 OUT NOW

Wario64 said:
281428b.jpg

more gameplay, more cities, better soundtrack, 2 player mode, much longer game length...and it's only $20 OUT NOW

already have it and beat it. WTF is with you people trying to talk people out of buying this game? Give it a rest.

Top Bottom