• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS2 GTA Liberty City Stories coming June 6th for $19.99

Xellos

I was hoping this would come sooner, but for $20 I can wait. Reasons this port is worth it to me: two analog sticks, analog gas & brake, and four shoulder buttons.

Sho Nuff

Banned
Oh my god!!! I totally got owned
buying this game six months ago and playing the hell out of it on my commute and on my 12-hour plane ride back to America and loving GTA goodness in the palm of my meaty hairy hand

the only people getting owned are the people buying this for PS2 when GTA SA is already out for 20 bucks

Arluss

I'm still wondering what was the point of porting it up, other than making money.

Of course, I wasn't going to get it on either system anyway. But, I'm still confused.

DMczaf

Ninja Scooter said:
already have it and beat it. WTF is with you people trying to talk people out of buying this game? Give it a rest.

281212b.jpg

Its $19.99 and has online play....BUT IT1

Arluss said:
I'm still wondering what was the point of porting it up, other than making money.

Of course, I wasn't going to get it on either system anyway. But, I'm still confused.

Do corporations ever do anything for reasons other than making money?

Agent X said:
Maybe some people will say that. These are likely the same people who probably said, "I don't want to waste my $50 on that Rez game...I'll wait for it to become a Greatest Hits title for $20!"

It didn't get the GH packaging, but I did indeed wait for $20 on Rez (and got it). Plenty of CAGs and gaffers picked it up for $5 at Circuit City. So basically waiting for a price drop is a great idea!

LS >>> SA
there I said it

Libert City = best GTA City
LS's story is the most focussed GTA story that deosn't stray.

I love Vice City,, but after 2 hours, you forgot why you were sent down South in the first place and forget that Sonny Forelli ever existed ... until the end of the game.

San Andreas is too "RPG" for my tastes

Ceb

Shinobi said:
I love how people whine about Rockstar betraying the PSP userbase, as if they're the ones making the fucking machine.

How many PSP owners are "whining", really. Most of the posts here are from PS2-only people who seem to think it's worth waiting 7 months to get a version with less features but for a lower price. Also, a couple of naysayers who think this'll spell doom for Vice City Stories (it won't).

Shinobi

I've seen PSP owners whining about this move ever since it first came to light a few months ago. It was silly then, and it's silly now.

AdmiralViscen said:
For maximum ownage, they should release it on XBLA in 4 months for $10.

:lol

DMczaf said:
281212b.jpg

Its $19.99 and has online play....BUT IT1

:lol

doesn't seem that out of place in los angeles :/

one time i saw a full blown bar fight break out because someone screamed out "FUCK BOWIE!" at random.

actually, that's not so weird considering bowie fans.

Gantz

Banned
phantomile co. said:
doesn't seem that out of place in los angeles :/

one time i saw a full blown bar fight break out because someone screamed out "FUCK BOWIE!" at random.

actually, that's not so weird considering bowie fans.

:lol people got into a fight over David Bowie? :lol

phantomile co. said:
that explains all those billboards i've been seeing.

probably has to do with this as well

BANNERFEECH032506.JPG

I think that banner might be for the new Omen movie that's coming out on 6/6/06.

But yeah, I'm definitely picking this up. Liberty City has been my favorite city in the series and I have no doubt that it'll at least match SA in terms of fun factor if not surpass it.

Gantz said:
:lol people got into a fight over David Bowie? :lol
dude, sitting at a bar just trying to get my drink on, when you hear someone scream out "fuck bowie!" really loud. suddenly 3-4 people all hanging out in different sections turned around and screamed out a variation of "what the fuck did you say?!" rushed the dude, and it was on. a good amount of people just jumped in at that point.

really though, i wasn't that suprised to see it go down considering how obsessed some bowie fans are. especially drunk ones.

bluemax

Banned
Just saw the commercial they used for the PSP version on Comedy Central about 3 times in the last half hour. They altered the ending so it doesn't say just PSP now.

Top Bottom