• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 and PS4 Sales Dominate in New Zealand; The One dominating consoles called The One

April Fools!

Wait, this isn't the Onion...

lBqp0E5.jpg

-PlayStation is the number one interactive entertainment brand in 2013
-PlayStation 4 takes lead in next generation consoles
-PlayStation 3 biggest selling platform for 2013
-PlayStation largest brand in portable consoles
http://www.justpushstart.com/2014/02/ps3-ps4-sales-dominate-new-zealand/

Deimo5

It's like a European country where even less of the multimedia/app stuff is available so I guess it makes sense

Into

I dont even know what to think, why would that oconomokyiyokookoonobono guy lie!?? Do people do that on the internet? LIE?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Oooh so that's what "dropping off a cliff" meant.

New Zealand is in the southern hemisphere, so if geography has taught me anything, 'dropping off a cliff' there would actually mean skyrocketing to the heavens.

It was all just one big misunderstanding!

Lies. I have word from industry sources that XB1's secret sauce made sure PS4 demand plummeted in january.

Such BS from Sony fans, I'll tell you.

SMOK3Y

Generous Member
i just seen an ad on TV for DoDo (AU) internet guess what giving away free XBones & 1yr Live subscription with signing up with them... this remings me of back in the Original Xbox days when they were virtually giving them away with paddlepops

Chocolate & Vanilla

Fuck Strawberry
I watched this documentary about New Zealand last night. In it there was this beardy guy called Gandalf, and he fell off this bridge and plummeted miles and miles. Anyway, to cut a long story short, this ordeal resulted in him surpassing all his peers and rivals. True story. Really quite moving.

I'm guessing a similar thing happened to the PS4 when it fell off that cliff. Amazing stuff really when you think about it.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I'v never seen a single fanboy troll influence so many threads on GAF, it's still funny tho

ZeroX03

Banned
I have no idea how Vita is apparently ahead of the 3DS. Heaps of retailers don't even stock the thing, and Pokemon + 2DS did really well. Even EB games barely gives it a full shelf. The fact that they're not specifically saying Vita makes me think they're including PSP and/or Xperia phones in that tally. The press release also has an asterisk next to that sentence, though I can't seem to find the original to find out what it's connected to.

But PS4 and PS3 tops? Easily.

EDIT: The press release even specifies sales for PS3 but only says "largest brand in portable consoles". Seems like PR bullshit to me like when Microsoft said that "Xbox sold the most games", wouldn't take it to mean Vita is outselling 3DS. I believe Sony NZ/Aus use a different PR firm than the States (elevenpr).

EGM1966

I've clearly missed something here. New Zealand - lovely place - I'd guess small videogame market - what gives with all this attention?

Paganmoon

Carl

New Zealand is in the southern hemisphere, so if geography has taught me anything, 'dropping off a cliff' there would actually mean skyrocketing to the heavens.

It was all just one big misunderstanding!

This post hasn't been given enough love.

ethomaz

Banned
But GAF told me it was collecting dust in NZ.

BTW PS4 is sold out in most online stores in Brasil... the official 4k.

Top Bottom