• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Firmware 1.10: List of fixes and changes

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Grabbed from http://ps3.qj.ne Not sure if its legit (listing)

There also stating that its supporting homebrew within XMB? hmmmm

Whole (overall system changes)

* It reached the point where the service of PLAYSTATION Network can be utilized.
* With the picture keyboard of European language, it reached the point where it can do the letter input of single tap system.

Setting

* Music CD output frequency was added to music setting.
* ATRAC is made effective, added to substance setting.
* In type of keyboard of peripheral device setting, type of keyboard which can be selected increased.
* The “cross color decrease filter” was added to display setting.
* 5 minutes later option added to screen saver options in display settings.

Video

* When playing back the animated picture file which is retained in the hard disk and the record media with picture mode, it reached the point where full can be chosen.

Network

* Downloading music and the animated picture file with Internet browser, it reached the point where it can retain in the hard disk.
* PLAYSTATION Store - The following contents can be downloaded.
o PLAYSTATION 3 standard software
o PSP with the PlayStation standard software which operates (PSP system software version 3.00 or more is necessary)
* It corresponded to traditional form letter Chinese and simplified form letter Chinese indication with Internet browser
* The online manual was added.

Other

* In addition Calculation method of hard disk capacity was modified.
o As for empty capacity of the hard disk, the numerical value which calculated 1GB as the 1024?024?024= approximately 1,073,740,000 byte is indicated. Because of that, capacity than the numerical value which is stated as specification is smaller indicated in the instruction manual and the like. Setting the ⇒ [substance setting] the ⇒ you can verify the empty capacity of the hard disk, with system information.
* PlayStation of the part in PS3 and operational status of the PlayStation®2 standard software were renewed. You can now verify up-to-date operational status with the private search sight.

In order to do the update (as you may have guessed) you will need a PS3 and an internet connection, and can find the update using the (system update) symbol in the PS3's XMB. The PS3 will then download the update which according to the download page requires at 110MB free. You can also download the update onto your PC via Sony or from our QuickJump download site and then transferring the update which is named "PS3UPDAT.PUP" to a USB storage device and then to your PS3. We will not host the download due to legality issues which could ensue if we did so. If you are in Japan, own a PS3 and would like to get the update then make sure you visit the official Sony PS3 firmware update page before doing so, and make sure you copy the "PS3UPDAT.PUP" file to x://PS3/UPDATE folder on your console.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Nice list, even if minor changes, glad they are already thinking about the small stuff. (5 min screen saver for example)

I think there were hints of another firmware update around christmas/new years time, but not 100% sure.

BlueTsunami said:
Is that a bad thing?

No it isn', LM4 is just astronomically idiotic.

His annoying [laugh] icons he keeps on putting up is trying to convey a message that Sony is "****ing up so bad, they are releasing updates on launch day."

However, he should realize that none of these updates are crucial, rather they are merely additions done to benefit the consumer.

M3wThr33

Banned
By that "update disc" I meant that the Wii has its own.

I hope you guys didn't assume I was talking about a PS3 update disc for the Wii.

BlueTsunami

yahso said:
YEEEEESS
!!

they could've done it before launch.

The base system was there as far as XMB and functionality. This is adding to it. It can only be seen as a good thing.

Its also just a click of an icon to update (if anything like the PSP)

C- Warrior said:
No it isn', LM4 is just astronomically idiotic.

His annoying [laugh] icons he keeps on putting up is trying to convey a message that Sony is "****ing up so bad, they are releasing updates on launch day."

However, he should realize that none of these updates are crucial, rather they are merely additions done to benefit the consumer.

Exactly :lol

M3wThr33 said:
By that "update disc" I meant that the Wii has its own.

I hope you guys didn't assume I was talking about a PS3 update disc for the Wii.

Thats what I had thought but I know your not dumb like LM4 so I took it as a joke

But now that you've clarified, I'm not sure

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
LM4sure said:
Firmware updates already?!!? :lol :lol

Isn't this a good thing?

If it were up to me, they'd update as soon as they fixed anything...tiny updates that download while you aren't even playing.

jarosh

* Downloading music and the animated picture file with Internet browser, it reached the point where it can retain in the hard disk.
i think i just read a couple of days ago that you can't download files with the browser. does this mean that with this update you can now download music and "animated picture files" (i guess videos)? if so, great news.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
jarosh said:
i think i just read a couple of days ago that you can't download files with the browser. does this mean that with this update you can now download music and "animated picture files" (i guess videos)? if so, great news.

The thing with the browser was just like executables...they don't want you downloading illegal things and stuff. I think pictures were always downloadable.

They are on the PSP too, so it'd be strange for the PS3 not to be able to do it.

jarosh

Y2Kevbug11 said:
The thing with the browser was just like executables...they don't want you downloading illegal things and stuff. I think pictures were always downloadable.

They are on the PSP too, so it'd be strange for the PS3 not to be able to do it.
oh ok. so what does that babelfished stuff mean?

"...it reached the point where it can retain in the hard disk." ??

BlueTsunami

GitarooMan said:
Hmm, so we can't play PS1 games on PSP till it comes out if I'm reading correctly? I'll hold off on the new Memory Stick then.

I'm not to sure what the 3.0 update entails. All I know is that the PS1 Emu software for the PS3 is coming in late December? I believe

jarosh said:

I think it was either DC or Lyte Edge but one of them stated something about not being able to download. It seems like this Update resolves this issue/adds this functionality

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
jarosh said:

maybe they implemented a browser HD cache on top of the memory?

BlueTsunami said:
I'm not to sure what the 3.0 update entails. All I know is that the PS1 Emu software for the PS3 is coming in late December? I believe

And apparently no games that people will actually want to play. It's not really an emulator in the sense that all games will run on it.

qirex

Manp said:
Xbox 360 got the first firmware update on launch day too... what's so strange?

:)
Quiet, you. You're supposed to post SONY FTL AM BOMBA MASSIVE DAMAGE WII60

Think of it this way: it could have shipped with this version but then there's be ever fewer launch units.

BlueTsunami

Aristotlekh said:
I was actually trying to say that the list of launch games for the emulator thing is like really miserable. WHERE IS MY FINAL FANTASY DAMN IT

:p

I took it out of context but yeah, this update apparently fixes some BC issues? Fortunately being Sony they'll probably be very proactive with the fixing of BC issues.

Manp

yahso said:
I believe X360 got its first update in December, it was BC update only.

no, first units shipped with dashboard version 2.0.1888.0
on launch day, on the first connection to Xbox Live, it was updated to version 2.0.2241.0

one of the things added was 1280x1024 support with the VGA cable

EDIT: source http://wiki.free60.org/XboxKernel

jaypah

5 minute system wide screen saver. it's small stuff like this that once someone does it you think, "yeah, why wasn't that standard?". other consoles have them implimented on a game by game basis right?

BlueTsunami

Manp said:
no, first units shipped with dasboard version 2.0.1888.0
on launch day, on the first connection to Xbox Live, it was updated to version 2.0.2241.0

Why wasn't this in the 360 when it first came out?!

*angry face!*

>:O

Blimblim

The Inside Track
jarosh said:
Maybe it's simply a cache.

rubso

Banned
Manp said:
no, first units shipped with dashboard version 2.0.1888.0

EDIT: source http://wiki.free60.org/XboxKernel
i searched in Archives of MajorNelson Blog, Gamespot Archives and Xbox.com Archive, and i couldn't find any news about that update you're talking about.
as i remember, there was a December update for BC compatibility, January, March, June and the last Update in this year!

Manp

yahso said:
i searched in Archives of MajorNelson Blog, Gamespot Archives and Xbox.com Archive, and i couldn't find any news about that update you're talking about.
as i remember, there was a December update for BC compatibility, January, March, June and the last Update in this year!

it was never advertised even on the official Xbox site... you don't need to believe me but i remember installing that update on day one (which was on december 2nd for Europe) on my 360

plus i remember perople saying they couldn't fint that VGA resolution in the dashboard because they never used Xbox Live and so they never got the first update

hcl404

Video

* When playing back the animated picture file which is retained in the hard disk and the record media with picture mode, it reached the point where full can be chosen.

Simply means that the video thumbnail can be user selected. I.E. you want to change the default thumbnail of a video from 0:00:00 to 0:01:00.
Network

I'm sure this just means you can save music and videos to the hard disk not a cache.

Aristotlekh said:
I was actually trying to say that the list of launch games for the emulator thing is like really miserable. WHERE IS MY FINAL FANTASY DAMN IT

Well you can't get everything all at once. The library will grow over time....

Top Bottom