• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Home Official Thread

Pachimari

There's not a lot of activity from Home-GAF and instead of cresting a whole new thread about a single question I'll ask here. Do you guys still think Home will come with PS4 even though it wasn't announced as part of the system yesterday? Could all these social features somehow replace Home? It's just that there's too much revenue in the sales of digital clothing etc to throw out.

I'm just a bit worried as I think Home is a pretty cool thing about PlayStation now.

AndyD

aka andydumi
There's not a lot of activity from Home-GAF and instead of cresting a whole new thread about a single question I'll ask here. Do you guys still think Home will come with PS4 even though it wasn't announced as part of the system yesterday? Could all these social features somehow replace Home? It's just that there's too much revenue in the sales of digital clothing etc to throw out.

I'm just a bit worried as I think Home is a pretty cool thing about PlayStation now.

I think it will continue. Their current Home idea of avatars with personalization and mini game and advertising hub world goes right along with their focus on socializing and sharing.

Pachimari

So who here are up for exploring Home together? I haven't checked it out in a while and there have just been a major update to 1.75. I see there's all kinds of animals, people are hovering, having wings and driving around on motorcycles while there's tons of spaces.

_RT_

Home is a joke.
I logged in yesterday just to see what a reveal would look/feel like from the Home environment.

I went to the theater. Stood around with a bunch of randoms in animal costumes.
Waited for the video to load.

Got an error message that there is a problem with the video feed.
Shut off the PS3 and loaded of the Gametrailer feed.

Nice work Sony.

Ploid 3.0

Wow Home has become a monster. They must be making tons of money. And I want that bike even though I don't use home. Heck I'd like a bike in Saints Row 4. Bikes are overlooked modes of transportation, sure gas powered bikes are everywhere but not pedal bikes.

Furyous

I hope home uses the full functionality of the PS4. It would be nice to watch netflix movies or movies from Sony's services through home. Also home needs to allow music streaming either from the hard drive or from an online radio service.

There's a lot of potential here for improvement.

Pachimari

Why would you be wondering otherwise?

I'm just thinking, if Home is such a money bag, why wouldn't they talk about it at events, get those who already spent lots of money on it excited for a new version on PS4 and also try lure in new people - especially if they have expanded the concept or upgraded it majorly on next-gen hardware.

AndyD

aka andydumi
I'm just thinking, if Home is such a money bag, why wouldn't they talk about it at events, get those who already spent lots of money on it excited for a new version on PS4 and also try lure in new people - especially if they have expanded the concept or upgraded it majorly on next-gen hardware.

Because these early events are mostly paid attention to by the hardcore gamers. And they are probably not the same people as the Home big spenders.

Top Bottom