• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 Motion Controller Named “Gem”?

igotnewsuper8 systemWRONG! said:
Get your shit together sony that is terrible. That's right, the guy on the internet is telling you how to run your multi billion dollar international company - that's bled out the last decade's profits in a couple of years - better.

Fixed for justification.

andycapps

-PXG- said:
I love how people give the Wii shit for it's "waggle" but when Sony announced it was doing it too, people were all over it's dick in seconds. Gem, or whatever the hell it's really called is so dumb. Like Home, just another waste of time and money, that could have gone towards something else.

I'm still not all about it, but I think it could be a little more interesting because of the precision in the technology. I think some really interesting things could be done with it, or if nothing else it may be nice to have at my house when some people come over to play some social games.

Mr. Sam

glaurung said:
  1. Take the new PS3 slim logo.
  2. Copy the number 3.
  3. Flip the number 3 to create the letter E.
  4. Rotate the number 3 ninety degrees counterclockwise to create the letter M.
  5. Add a huge ass G at the beginning.
  6. G E M

Done and done:
27xqds1.jpg

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
^ welp, works for me.

Afrikan

Concept17 said:
I don't get it...why would you call it GEM? Wand or sphere are both better.

I think it means GEM like Gem stones....and since the orb part of the motion controller changes to different types of colors....I guess its like you have a magical GEM stone inside of your orb.........to cast spells......or to mix flour in your cooking game.

anyway, before some of you loose it and jump to conclusions...

"However, a SCEA rep told Kotaku that the name ‘Gem’ was just an early code name for the product, and not official name hasn’t been announced."

Sword Familiar said:
I don't think that many truly remember Jem. It's just one of those show intros that pops up on youtube whenever people want their nostalgia fixes. Mask? Jayce and the Wheeled warriors? ...Jem(is truly outrageous)?

Well i've watched episodes in its original syndication. It was original. I mean how often do you watch animated rocker chicks with powers using magical earrings during a concert.
Its truly, truly truly outrageous :lol

Top Bottom