PS3 Redesign Cover Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broken record of the day:
Where do you guys find the renders of game logos? Is there a site that has them (like planetrenders.net)?

I want to contribute and have started on an MK9 cover, but I need the logo for the spine -- this is why I'm asking -- plus, if I know where to get renders of the game logos then I'll be able to do covers for Tekken 6/Blazblue CS/SSF4/etc. and can contribute even more. :D
 
corrosivefrost said:
Broken record of the day:
Where do you guys find the renders of game logos? Is there a site that has them (like planetrenders.net)?

I want to contribute and have started on an MK9 cover, but I need the logo for the spine -- this is why I'm asking -- plus, if I know where to get renders of the game logos then I'll be able to do covers for Tekken 6/Blazblue CS/SSF4/etc. and can contribute even more. :D
A combination of google (typically search "logo png") and that August Wallpaper thread.
 

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
This seems totally off topic, but it looks like there are some non-PS3 things in here so it seems like the most relevant place to ask:

Does anybody know where a printable GCN Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance cover could be found? I can't find one anywhere. And if all else fails, if somebody has the game with the cover a high res scan would work, I can clean it up myself.
 
RedSwirl said:
A combination of google (typically search "logo png") and that August Wallpaper thread.
Thanks -- I'll try.

I found a couple high res scans of the cover, but trying to get the logo pulled out of it clean is not easy. I've also seen claims of a MK font in this case, but even if I found the exact one for the logo, getting the coloring/fill to match would make it a nightmare.
 
chaosblade said:
This seems totally off topic, but it looks like there are some non-PS3 things in here so it seems like the most relevant place to ask:

Does anybody know where a printable GCN Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance cover could be found? I can't find one anywhere. And if all else fails, if somebody has the game with the cover a high res scan would work, I can clean it up myself.
Not the official one but Cover Project has a couple nice custom boxes for that game:
http://www.thecoverproject.net/view.php?game_id=5817
 
Okay, having some issues finding good Saints Row 2 logos (PNG/PSD with transparency) of any higher resolution, anyone found some?

Ohh and the same for a spine version of Bioshock 2.
 
RedSwirl said:
Probably can't find the art.
Probably because nobody bought the game. :)
jk

There's a distinct lack of fighting game covers in here (I think there was a MvC3).
Funny story, I used that MvC3, because I kept the disc in a regular PS3 case even though I bought the SE. I did a ghetto test print job on a printer at work and used that as "make do" for the time being -- when I heard about the possibility of an announcement regarding UMvC3, I immediately traded the game, knowing Capcom would go the SSF4 route.

Here's the important part, for the guy who made that MvC3 cover: I only traded my disc and the case with the cover from this thread. I said something in passing to the GS clerk about "how I just had a custom case because I didn't want to trade the SE stuff". And he replied, "Really? I just thought it was an import."

I took that as a compliment to the maker of the custom cover. :)
 

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Wow some of these are amazing, it makes me wish that we didn't get covers covered in all sorts of terrible icons, text and badges and what not.

But this thread definitely needs some sort of indexing or something to organise what you guys have done, now to look through and try and find a burnout paradise cover to replace my existing one that I spilt tea on, lol.
 
Rengoku said:
That looks awesome
Yes it does!

Really glad this thread is alive and getting posts again :D

edit:

So anyone know what gives w/ this:
demosthenes said:
Did you have a problem when printing these w/ size? I open them on my PC and they seem the proper size for the game boxes. However when I go to office max and they open them in MS Publisher they're slightly off so they have to increase their size to hit the Playstation case size. Anyone else having this issue?
 
demosthenes said:
Did you have a problem when printing these w/ size? I open them on my PC and they seem the proper size for the game boxes. However when I go to office max and they open them in MS Publisher they're slightly off so they have to increase their size to hit the Playstation case size. Anyone else having this issue?
The templates are designed to scale properly for printing at 300 dpi. I haven't used MS Publisher before, but maybe theres a 300 dpi setting in there somewhere.
 
Did somebody already make 3D templates for the other platforms? I only have one for PS3 and don't know how to make them.

EDIT: And where are you guys hosting the 3D pictures?
 
Okay I need to make me some new case, for PS3 and 360. I know its probably been asked several times by now but the minimal template for both systems, where can I find them?
 
Xeno_Flux2113 said:
Okay I need to make me some new case, for PS3 and 360. I know its probably been asked several times by now but the minimal template for both systems, where can I find them?
In this thread in the past couple pages >____>
 
Nice to see this thread moving a lot! :D

I can probably do the other templates being requested but I only have Photoshop CS3 so I can't do any of the 3D stuff. :\

Also I've been looking for El Shaddai and Saints Row 2 (as were requested) but I really just can't find anything for the covers yet. :\

Edit: Also those printed covers look AWESOME! I'm going to get these covers printed one of these days lol.
 
RedSwirl said:
DS and PSP would be nice. GFW would just require a logo swap with the 360 one (for the standard DVD size cases). Or would GFW ones be perfectly applicable to the 360 3D template?
If the GFW templates are identical in resolution to the 360 template, then yeah, you can use the 360 3D template, I would just change the case & reflection layers in it from green to black. The actions should work fine.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.